It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Atomic Knowledge?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not sure if this is in the right area, so Mods, please move if needed.

Ok, So I've been reading some stuff on the internet, and came across this site that has a bunch of info on what seems to be proof of Atomic knowledge in Ancient times.

Just because it quote's the Bible, and I know some of you don't like that, please keep an open mind and read some of the facts, you might be surprised at what you learn.

Gurkha,
flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...
..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Ancient verses from the Mahabharata: (6500 B.C.?)

Aslo if you look at page 2 where it talks about a nuclear reactor, build so good that the radioactive waste have not migrated to the outside...

Surprisingly, this uranium mine's nuclear reactor was well designed. Studies indicate that this reactor was several miles in length. However, for such a huge nuclear reactor, the thermal impact to its environment was limited to 40 meters on all sides. Even more astonishing is the fact that the radioactive wastes have still not migrated outside the mine site. They are held in place by the surrounding geology.

That is absolutely amazing.

Now I’m going to think out loud here…(flame me if you want, like I said this is just my thoughts, not facts)

Maybe places like Atlantis were real…we have ancient cities under water near Japan (Google it) we have pyramids we can’t explain, we have all sorts of artifacts we can’t explain.
Now what if humans were so advanced before that they were at the brink of destroying themselves? God steps in and destroyed all evil with a flood. A flood that big, could move sand all over the earth, burying all evidence and destroying all technology.

“The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth--men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air--for I am grieved that I have made them." Genesis 6......

Link

So.. God chose 8 people, Noah and his family, to be saved from the Great flood.
Now each one of the 8 people saved, had their own skills and knowledge of the world, but not ALL knowledge, so when all other people died, all that knowledge was lost.

Noah and his family taught their descendents what they knew. If they weren’t scientists, they would have to learn science on their own, so humanity had to learn through trail end error everything we know today.

Now today we only have the legends of old and some artifacts we can’t explain.
What do you think? Did the ancients have Atomic Knowledge?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

Some scientists recently have suggested that a super atomic may have been exactly what actually hit pompeii instead of the old volcano story, Personally i belived every thing that is happening now has happend before in some way and earth just in a constant loop of technology

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It would certainly explain a lot like the various fields of glass in some areas. I have always thought that "Atlantis" was the antediluvian civilization.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
how about death ray/ particle beam/ light ray technique. more likely on the description of the verse.

Archimedes allegedly designed and deployed of a "burning mirror" (not quite a death ray in the modern sense); it may have had an adjustable focal length to track and set fire to ships in the Roman fleet as it invaded Syracuse. However, the earliest accounts of the battle did not mention a "burning mirror", only Archimedes' ingenuity combined with a way to 'hurl fire' were involved on the Syracusan side. A Byzantine writer hundreds of years later is suggested to have imagined this 2200-year-old death ray, which is attributed to Archimedes.[4]

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
To be frank, I am a believer in AA theory.. It works for me. However, I have problems with random quotes from supposed ancient texts without actual book and verse references.

Everything depends on the translator, of course, but one should be wary about quoting unknown translations.

you can get the Mahabharata in text form from here: www.sacred-texts.com...

The Ganguli English translation of the Mahabharata is the only complete one in the public domain

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sweety0003

Just one problem it was proven by the legendary "MYthbusters" that the mirror didnt work at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
To be frank,

But your names not frank its Roger

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The Mahabharata was written around 500-300 BCE, not 6500. There's a lot of debate about what portions of it came from what time periods, some contend that because it's such a mess towards the end that at some point uneducated scribes began throwing unrelated texts together without regard to any "story". But the excerpt you posted above could just as easily be describing a meteor impact. Something like that would stick in the 'ol racial memory.

Fused glass / green glass is also a byproduct of volcanic activity (as well as meteor impacts).

Meteoritic origins for the glass were long suspected, and recent research linked the glass to impact mechanics, such as vaporized quartz and meteoritic metals, and to an impact crater. Some geologists associate the glass not with impact melt ejecta, but with radiative melting from meteoric large aerial bursts

The part about the "spent nuclear fuel" as proof of an ancient nuclear reactor - this was concluded the "spent fuel" occurred billions of years ago. It doesn't help that your source is still relying on a reaction to a 1972 paper, further research has delved more into the mechanics and time line of this event.

Oklo is the only known location for this in the world and consists of 16 sites at which self-sustaining nuclear fission reactions took place approximately 2 billion years ago, and ran for a few hundred thousand years, averaging 100 kW of power output during that time.

The natural nuclear reactor formed when a uranium-rich mineral deposit became inundated with groundwater that acted as a neutron moderator, and a nuclear chain reaction took place. The heat generated from the nuclear fission caused the groundwater to boil away, which slowed or stopped the reaction. After cooling of the mineral deposit, short-lived fission product poisons decayed, the water returned and the reaction started again. These fission reactions were sustained for hundreds of thousands of years, until a chain reaction could no longer be supported.

Wikipedia

Most of this seems a reaction to natural phenomena;
Meteors
Volcanoes
Radioactivity

The Earth used to be much more radioactive. We run our nuclear reactors with radioactive ores we pull out of it. At some point in the past a naturally occurring fission reaction took place on our much younger, more radioactive planet. As the source states, it wouldn't occur now since radioactive levels have dropped significantly, but back then?

You can view these artifacts as a Rorschach test - Ancient Aliens or Natural Phenomena.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If you're speaking of the natural nuclear reactor found at Oklo, Gabon then there is a slight problem. The reactor at Oklo is estimated to be 2 billion years old..... Doesn't quite fit the timeline for being manmade.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Blarneystoner because: why is the text underlined?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
you might be up to something with this.

but how does this fit in with the "tower of babel" story?

...or is it the same thing?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
16 sites (according to wikipedia) of self-sustaining nuclear fission reactions at the same location suggests to me of geology rather than technology.

I am a believer in ancient astronaut and ancient technological civilization theories. The problem is there's a gulf between belief and evidence, and an ocean between evidence and proof. I don't see this location in Africa as an OOPART, it's just one of the wonderful eccentricities of this glorious rock we live on.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Some scientists recently have suggested that a super atomic may have been exactly what actually hit pompeii instead of the old volcano story, Personally i belived every thing that is happening now has happend before in some way and earth just in a constant loop of technology

yes i think the same it has all happened before and it will all happen again...

kx

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

this is not just a current theory about this text. this has been floating around for at least 30-40 years. since then, it has more than likely been translated many times over.

i like to give our ancient fore bears a lot of credit for having good minds and ideas. how ever, for a people to imagine the type of technologies that are discussed as a form of early sci fi in this text would almost be impossible. true, cyrano debergerac envisioned light bulbs 200 hundred years before. but at least he was living in an age when knowledge was advancing rapidly. he did not explain how it worked though. these people explained how the virmanas worked and the effect of the great arrow as having the heat of the sun. air battles with missiles when gunpowder had not even been dreamed of. there is something there in these texts.

have a great day!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i find it very believable that people would have lived by the coast many years ago and that we have lost a whole civilisation to a flood but are people being serious about pompei, i have been there myself and the preserved swords and tools etc dont really look that much like the type of thing people would be using if they had the kind of technology to build an atomic bomb, infact they all look exactly like they have been hit by a volcano when funnily enough there is a huge volcano called mount vesuvius that is virtually on top of pompei.
i am all for believing that the egyptians had batterys and light bulbs but i think that if we had atomic bombs then how would we have detonated them and if we had rockets able to fire them or flying machines then surely some of these people would have just flown to safety waving their middle finger at noah in his zoo boat while they passed him by.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The Mahabharata was written around 500-300 BCE, not 6500.

And was reinterpreted/retranslated in the late 20th century in order to sell books to the stupid and gullible.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

The Bible said it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, Water covered the earth for 150 days... No plane I know of can stay in the air for 150 days.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
the bible also says that earth was made in 7 days and was made around 4000 years ago, forgets to mention the few million years that dinosaurs were around and is about as believable as the first episode of transformers in my opinion, but that is just my opinion as i am a believer in science and proof not story books that even my deeply religious grandmother used to just call a guide on how to live your life and to be taken with a pinch of salt.
didnt realise that we had so many creationists left in this world, i thought bush was the only person deluded enough to believe in the true word for word writings of the bible.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Nightfury I'm often skeptical of UFO claims etc, however I wouldn't flame you over this because it's refreshingly intelligent comment.

There is also the Biblical reference to Sodom and Gamorrah.

Soil analysis of Hiroshima in 1983 revealed traces of Uranium 235 were barely perceptable above natural levels in granite from the same area. Thus it is conceivable that after a few thousand years you would never know if there had been nuclear explosions.

I'm also quite open to the probable existence of Atlantis as within our own history we have seen the rise and fall of Egyptian empires, Persian empires, Aztec, Olmec and Mayan empires, the mysterious citadel of Zimbabwe, The Mongols, Greek and Roman civilisation, the Spanish and English empires.

The greeks also talk of several great floods. Not just Noah's flood. There is Ducalion's flood before Noah's. The Mayans and Aztecs also had mythology about the great flood.

Cocaine and tobacco were found in Egyptian mummies before there was supposed to be any knowledge of the Americas.

Many things are possible.

Not specifically sold on the underwater outcrop near Japan though

edit on 3-12-2010 by sy.gunson because: Last sentence

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
16 sites (according to wikipedia) of self-sustaining nuclear fission reactions at the same location suggests to me of geology rather than technology.

What geological process do you reckon is responsible for purifying natural uranium ore deposits to the degree that they can spontaneously erupt into a sustained fission reaction on the crust of the planet? Even given that as a possiblity, there are several fields of glass, such as the Lybian Desert Glass which science has eagerly attributed to meteoritic activity but found no corresponding craters or really any evidence of impact. This topic comes up often, and is always all too easily explained away as some natural process, but until there is some concrete and undeniable proof of this, the questions will remain and rightfully so.
Science has an answer for everything, but some questions will remain beyond it's scope as long as those who indulge and practice it simply discard the unexplained or cram it into 'para' or 'super' prefixes and ignore that which doesn't fit their dogma. There is something inherently supernatural in the fact we exsist at all, until that basic truth is accepted, science will founder along in it's flawed egocentricities.
edit on 3-12-2010 by twitchy because: I ate too many doughnuts.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by spookfish

What geological process do you reckon is responsible for purifying natural uranium ore deposits to the degree that they can spontaneously erupt into a sustained fission reaction on the crust of the planet?

Well you muddy the O/P by discussing naturally occuring fission.

The process is not impossible. If there were inclusions of lead or bismuth into Uranium ores, then over many centuries or eons Uranium could have irridated Bismuth to form Polonium through radioactive decay.

Polonium is highly radioactive. It is used to trigger neutrons in modern atomic weapons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join