It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simon cowell... The messiah..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Before you leave any angry comments, because of the title, please read the whole thread..

I'm making this thread just to highlight some issues I believe are wrong with today's society..

There was a ridiculous story today in one of britains national newspapers, the story was printed in the the sun, which I'm sure most of you know to be a ridiculous newspaper and I know is hated in this type of community.
Although the fact is, it is claimed to be be britains biggest selling newspaper..

Here is the article (can't link I'm using a phone):-

Simon cowell is just like a 21st century Jesus- according to a band of hardcore Christians. The x factor mogul has been lauded in evangelical magazine re, which believes his straight talking and drive is just like the messiahs.
The official journal for the assemblies of god church declares Simons coming on it's cover indoor the headline "Jesus the one we think of as being meek and mild gentle and loving and full of compassion had the ability to talk tough. For some his words were upsetting and difficult to swallow- just like cowells- but he spoke truth and doesn't the truth hurt sometimes?
"Simon cowell takes and learns from them and grows in the process, and there are numerous stories in the bible of people who do the same"
The article also brackets cowell 51, with the father of all nations, Abraham and the prophet Elijah- who could raise the dead and went to heaven in a flaming chariot.

Source www.thesun.co.uk

Now my point of this thread, is although it is a ridiculous story and claim, there are aspects that ring true. In this day and age, these celebrities are revered and looked upon as almost gods..
Some people hang on every word these people say, and most days can't wait to get on twitter and Facebook to find out what they're 'heroes' have to say.. They are worshipped, with images plastered all over their Walls, they stand In the freezing cold for hours just to catch a glimpse of a celebrity walking into a hotel.. Concerts are like huge churches with everyone worshiping these 'gods' whilst chanting in unison the words of various hits.. Even the likes of lady gaga hold more influence of a generation of people than most heads of state including the president, even more influence than religious leaders from all the major religions...
Anyway you get point, I feel this is a big problem with society..
On the other hand is this the way tptb want it? People brainwashed by these so called stars, where nothing else in the world matters but what the latest news on Justin beiber is..
The media controlled by tptb, regularly splash the latest celebrity news all over the front page, whilst real world issues get a small paragraph in an obscure part of the newspaper...
Thoughts please...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

The truth will hurt and people will have to over come things such as Jelousy, greed, hate and anger.

These are sins in the eye of God and will be abolished in the end times!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think you exaggerate and oversimplify. Some people are always going to focus on celebrity, and who are we to say that's bad. For the vast majority of people forums like ATS are seen as fringe and weird. It takes all sorts and I don't think young people today are that different from previous generations. Regarding the Christian thing then I'd say that picking a few of Cowell's traits and saying that they are analogous to those displayed by JC isn't saying that Cowell is like JC in every respect which would obviously be absurd.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Yeah I understand what your saying, although I diagree that it's the same as all generations, this generation is far worse, there seem to be more celebrity, and with systems like facebook and twitter I think it has exploded in recent years... You can't escape it..
My point being though, celebrity, front page news.... Massive scientific dicovery, small paragraph...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I dont even know what to say about this

I guess it shows the dumbing down of society is true.
Personally I carnt stand the guy, but whos more foolish , the fool or the people who follow the fool?

are the sheeples life really that sad?

I presume they are.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

And the point of cowell as messiah... That's kinda how it was in the title of the article

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Simon Cowell is not the only person labeled with the Messiah theme. Many have came and gone. Jesus and many others. The true Messiah will soon show up!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by takethat
I dont even know what to say about this

I guess it shows the dumbing down of society is true.
Personally I carnt stand the guy, but whos more foolish , the fool or the people who follow the fool?

are the sheeples life really that sad?

I presume they are.

Love him or hate him.. That guy holds alot of influence..
18 million people tune in to see him every Saturday night, he has controlled the uk charts for a number of years...
And apparently he is huge in America..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Maybe it's Justin beiber... Lol...

Do you really believe that, the messiah will show up soon? Do you have any theories who it is? Someone in the spotlight already of someone obscure..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Just like the messiah, is not good enough, I'm afraid. Just these days there was someone here claiming to be the messiah returning to judge us all. Can you believe it? I mean, come on! Classical Jesus or Messiah or God Syndrom. I rest my case!

edit on 3/12/2010 by WalterRatlos because: grammar and spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Just like the messiah, is not good enough, I'm afraid. Just these days there was someone here claiming to be the messiah returning to judge us all. Can you believe it? I mean, come on! Classical Jesus or Messiah or God Syndrom. I rest my case!

edit on 3/12/2010 by WalterRatlos because: grammar and spelling

I don't Judge you, you judge yourself.

You will soon discover what has been hidden for many years and attack for your own will. This will be because you think you are right and everybody else is wrong. This is human nature!

Your position will be seen by others.

No jelously, hate, disrespect & greed would be a good place to start!

top topics

join