It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative group sends Moore's home address to supporters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes, this is story from blogs, but it's a pretty vicious tactic if true.

Non Prophet reports that the ultra-conservative group Focus on the Family sent an email to its members with Michael Moore's home address. While the group makes the argument that his address is a matter of public record through state mortgage (& election) records, I find it ironic that a group touting "Family Values" would so casually provide information that could endanger a family just because it doesn't like the politics of one member.

I wonder if the group has considered the legal ramifications of its action in the case something would happen to MM at the hands of a member or someone to whom another member has forwarded MM's address.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Turn about is fair play, hopefully someone will find the home address in Colorado Springs for their "nazi" leader and send it out.

That group is way way more militant that most religious organizations. I lived in Colorado Springs for a while and they were protesting everytime someone blinked in a non-christian way. I was attending a protest there 2 years ago and the man leading the protest (I believe him to be the 2nd in command) said "God has told us we are to inherit the earth and we will start with this country and drive those who disagree with us to the sea".

They are freakin scary, especially considering my god is a compassionate god, theirs is simply vengeful.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
Yes, this is story from blogs, but it's a pretty vicious tactic if true.

Non Prophet reports that the ultra-conservative group Focus on the Family sent an email to its members with Michael Moore's home address. While the group makes the argument that his address is a matter of public record through state mortgage (& election) records, I find it ironic that a group touting "Family Values" would so casually provide information that could endanger a family just because it doesn't like the politics of one member.

I wonder if the group has considered the legal ramifications of its action in the case something would happen to MM at the hands of a member or someone to whom another member has forwarded MM's address.

Great this sounds like the right to life people i hope he has some security. These psycos can be a handfull

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Focus on the Family is a wonderful organization. If this story is true, then kudos to them. Of course, all Moore will do is change email accounts, it's no big deal. We all get spammed and have to change email accounts from time to time. I'm sure he wouldn't bother to read anything that was sent to him. He should. His soul is in danger.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Focus on the Family is a wonderful organization. If this story is true, then kudos to them. Of course, all Moore will do is change email accounts, it's no big deal. We all get spammed and have to change email accounts from time to time. I'm sure he wouldn't bother to read anything that was sent to him. He should. His soul is in danger.

Wouldn't hurt if you read what is said before replying (hrm, didn't I say that to YOU before? You got a bad habbit there Mr Fan)

It said they sent out his HOME ADDRESS(as in "the place where he lives, street, street number, postal code, city, ...), not just his email addy.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Allthough I can't stand the man, this tactic is rediculous. I would never wish physical harm to someone I didn't agree with politically.

Great family values. Sure home addresses are public records, to those who wish to go looking for them. But to send out a mass e-mail with the man's home address is just plain wrong

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You know what I find funny about this, He's probably got cameras set up all over his property, if anyone does anything, it will be in his next movie. These people just don't think, they're making his case for him. I just have to

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ok if true then this is crossing a line.

You dont like Michael Moore? Then dont listen to him, dont go see any of his movies, dont buy his books. Simple as that. The fact that the right has spent tremendous amount of energy going after this man tells me that they are AFRAID of what he has to say.

The best way to prove someone is a fool is to let him/her say what they want and have people make up their own minds about the situation.

I dont like or hate Michael Moore. But you gotta admit the man has balls for standing up to the government and giving them a big F*CK YOU!

Hopefully this will inspire more people to grow a set and do the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Ok if true then this is crossing a line.

Ocelot, I totally agree with you. These people are crossing the line for what is legal and moral. Their Idiots.

The fact that the right has spent tremendous amount of energy going after this man tells me that they are AFRAID of what he has to say.

Your right they are afraid, they are afraid that the information Michael Moore is giving out in his F9/11, is going to turn the votes away from Bush, and granted , it will in some degree. I know that some Republicans have turned their backs on Bush before "F9/11" even opened in the theaters. I wonder why that is and what they know to make them turn against Bush ?
I have Republican friends that seen the movie and now that their eyes are open , they will not vote for Bush either .

I dont like or hate Michael Moore. But you gotta admit the man has balls for standing up to the government and giving them a big F*CK YOU!

Hopefully this will inspire more people to grow a set and do the same.

I never even heard of "Michael Moore" until the 9/11 movie. I liked the movie, heck I might just go see it again
, it was so cool watching the citizens crowded in the streets bombing Bush's car with eggs,
, the day he was to take the oath of office. That little piece of the film was very enlightening, and it goes to show what kind of media we have when they cut that part out of the news, the day they broadcasted it on the news.

Michael Moore did a rightous-job showing just how "way right" the media is and just how F**ked-up the election of 2000 was , and how much of a con-man Bush is.

I hope that movie helped bring Bush & Co., down, and your right, some people need a "set" too.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You know what I found most disturbing about the movie?

The fact that not ONE single democrat HAD THE BALLS to stand up to BUSH after 9/11 happened. The Dmocratic Party ARE ALL A BUNCH of pussywhipped COWARDS!! Yeah that's right! You heard me. C-O-W-A-R-D-S!

They basiclally let Bush bully them into doing his bidding. That just went to prove my point that there's no such thing as a two party system in America anymore. They all play for the same team.

Democrats, Republicans.... they can both kiss my ASS!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Maybe that's why I've heard the parties collectively referred to as the "Republicrats". Some emphasise the RATS part the strongest.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
[Wouldn't hurt if you read what is said before replying (hrm, didn't I say that to YOU before? You got a bad habbit there Mr Fan)

It said they sent out his HOME ADDRESS(as in "the place where he lives, street, street number, postal code, city, ...), not just his email addy.

Actually, I'm a Ms. Fan not a Mr. Fan

HOME address? That's still fine with me. A bunch of lefties showed up recently at the HOMES of different republicans in DC. They came in by the bus load and picketted the private homes. It's okay for the left to do it to the right, then the right can do it to the left?

BTW - Michael Moore gave out HOME phone numbers of people on the right that he didn't like. I'm sure it's just giving as good as they get.

(personally, I'd rather neither side did it)

[edit on 7/5/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
good luck to Michael Moore!

a hero for exposing the truth!

"now watch this drive"

yeah George...now watch mine!!!

new topics

top topics

join