It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Supposedly the 15th of December would be the day this will occur.

Delaying Tax Vote could crash stock market

Failure by Congress to extend the Bush tax cuts, especially locking in the 15 percent capital gains tax rate, will spark a stock market sell off starting December 15 as investors move to lock in gains at a lower rate than the 20 percent it would jump to next year, warn analysts.

While it is unclear how bad the sell off could be, it could wipe out the year's gains, they warn.

"Capital gains tax rate will increase from 15 to 20 percent if the tax cuts are not extended. The last time the capital gains tax rate increased--on Jan. 1, 1987 from 20 to 28 percent--investors realized their gains at the lower tax rate," said Daniel Clifton at a Washington partner at Strategas Research Partners. "We would expect a similar effect this time around as investors see the tax rate going up and choose to realize their gains and incur the 15 percent tax."

So could the blocking of the extendion of the tax cuts be a setup for a market crash

or

Is this just a marketing ploy to rally others around the tax extensions

It's interesting to think about. Either way, I'll be ready.
edit on 3-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sounds to me like another article designed to show us how the rich are holding our country for ransom to get every dime they can. No tax break extension, no unemployment extension. Capital gains tax increase, we'll crash the stock market.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Sounds to me like another article designed to show us how the rich are holding our country for ransom to get every dime they can. No tax break extension, no unemployment extension. Capital gains tax increase, we'll crash the stock market.

I would agree with that analysis.

The only way I see out of this whole situation would be to let the market crash and the dollar crash and start over.

Only this time WE take control.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

They sorta make it sound like "Too Big To Fail"
And we know how that worked out !!

Short term pain for long term gain is the way it should be..
Do what is right for the future, not tomorrow...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
All evidence seems to suggest the Federal Reserve has bought shares on Wall Street to prop it up and would be snapping up shares left right and centre bargain hunting during any sell off therefore minimising any downward trend or in laymans terms it rigged and it aint gonna crash unless they want it too.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

That's the message they will put out in order to pass the legislation and to allow the country to run itself below ground with those few still making billions from it instead of losing billions. Controlled collapses people...allows the richer to make the most out of it so that during the inevitable restructuring they have the upper hand in everything. I'm afraid that anarchy is necessary, at least until we have no government.

Tomorrow is the future btw.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Couldn't agree more..
The last thing they want is a steady stock market..
They make all their money in the ups and downs..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

Originally posted by backinblack

That's the message they will put out in order to pass the legislation and to allow the country to run itself below ground with those few still making billions from it instead of losing billions. Controlled collapses people...allows the richer to make the most out of it so that during the inevitable restructuring they have the upper hand in everything. I'm afraid that anarchy is necessary, at least until we have no government.

Tomorrow is the future btw.

True. They may want it to though. they need to scare Americans into doing whatever they say. We are starting to wake up and questioning the money they are printing, what better time to cause a crash then when it seems like it's wouldn't be there fault.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I agree with you. These wall street globalist goons have a lot of nerve threatening to crash our economy if their political will is not obeyed by Congress and the President. We still don't know who orchestrated the attack on the stock market during the presidential election but I have no doubt the timing was intended to be politically manipulative. I am hoping Ron Paul will find out for us.

top topics

join