It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gold Mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
.. The Gold Mind .....

The mind is like gold.

*Gold is taken from the ground with many other elements mixed within it.

*At this point it is not suitable for its best use as there are many impurities found within it.

*Therefore we must wash and rinse the gold to remove the other elements which are contaminating it..

*After doing this we still find too many impurities within it to make any great use of it.

*So again, we must further wash and rinse the gold.

*Now it is purer, but still there are too many impurities to make any great use of it.

*So again, we wash and rinse the gold.

*Now it seems to be very pure, but upon closer inspection we see there is still trace elements of impurity.

*So again, we wash and rinse the gold.

*Now upon examination we can see it is pure, therefore it is ready to be used.

*From here we mold it into whatever form we desire; earrings, rings, bracelets, bars of gold for trade...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The mind is born with pure thoughts, and impure thoughts are also mixed within it.

*At this point it is not suitable for its best use as there are too many impure thoughts to make great use of it.

*Therefore we must cleanse the mind of these impurities.

*After doing this we still find too many impure thoughts to make any great use of it.

*So again, we must cleanse the mind.

*Now we notice it is much purer, but still not pure enough to make any great use of it.

*So again, we must cleanse the mind further.

*Now we notice it is pure, but upon closer inspection we still find trace amounts of impure thoughts.

*So again, we must cleanse the mind even further.

*Now upon examination we can see it is pure, with no sign of impure thoughts, and so it is ready to be used.

*From this point on, however we decide to use it, surely we will make great use of it.

The mind is like gold.
It must be cleansed and refined over and over again before we can make any great use of it.

The end.
edit on 2-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i like your effort, but that seems like kind of an awkward metaphor (simile?)

good effort, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
LifeIsEnergy

Have you read the books Igneous Rose and Fundamental Notions of Endocrinology and Criminology?

They both mention Krishnamurti.

The main topic of Igneous Rose, is specifically about Alchemy and the Gold (Solar) Mind (Mental Body) of the Arhat (and also the Priesthood of Netzach or Elemental Magic).

Both works by Samael Aun Weor complement the teachings of Krishnamurti, and are highly recommended.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The same could be said about Uranium for nuclear weapons.

But that is not golden!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I like it my friend.

This metaphor is anciently known as "The Philosophers Stone". The common legend is that the Alchemists of the middle ages were searching for a formula by which they could turn lead into gold. This is just a metaphor for turning the impure thoughts of the mind into the pure thoughts of the Divine Spirit. Your version eludes to this process very well, IMO.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Thank you for those recommendations! Krishnamurti is (was) the man! I'll put them in my Amazon basket.

MMPI2: How so is it awkward? I thought it was a pretty good analogy. One must refine the gold to make it pure, one must refine the mind to make it pure.

AnteBellum: Lol... Using Nukes for an analogy didn't seem as suitable for the subject at hand.

IAMIAM: Hmmm.. very interesting, thanks! I am interested in Alchemy too but never have read anything about it, maybe I will now.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
IAMIAM: Hmmm.. very interesting, thanks! I am interested in Alchemy too but never have read anything about it, maybe I will now.

If your interested in the philosophical side of Alchemy, here is a recommendation.

"The Alchemical Keys to Masonic Ritual" by Bro. Timothy Hogan.

Brother Hogan is a world reknowned master alchemist as well as a Freemason. This work of his delves into the philosophical side of Alchemy as well as Masonic ritual. You will not need to be a Freemason to enjoy the layers of the consciousness revealed through his efforts. His work is well researched and comes from a life time of living the craft having been raised in a family of practising alchemists.

Good luck on your journey.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Very interesting metaphor. I enjoy it, and it makes absolute perfect sense.

After reading your OP, I thought to myself... "How do we distinguish the impurities from the pure essence?"
Then the answer dawned on me. You have chosen the perfect metaphor!
We know gold from it's impurities because the pure gold shines, sparkles, and radiates brilliantly.
We know the pure heart by its light.. its brilliance.. its shine.. its glow, and its warmth.
In both examples, the impurities are the distraction and hinderance to the perfected and pure radiation.

Brilliant analogy! Peace to you my friend.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi

One question.

The impure thoughts.... Are you born with it or do you catch them during life ?

Cause gold is created pure and over time it gets contaminated by all sorts of rubbish.

~ Sinter

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I think we are born with a gold mind, but in time, and through a crap load of conditioning, we forget to remember who we were when we came into this world. And, in a way, you kinda do have to rinse the brain of the impurities one may collect, through bad friends, family members, public education, religious conditioning, human education (instead of Universe/Soul powered education), television, media propaganda, social brainwashing...

yeah, you're born with the Golden Mind, pure, tabula rasa, simply being, and, over time, (in this modern life) we forget what it means to truly live, to breathe, to exist, and it takes a lot of filtering/cleaning/sorting of ideas, to get back to that Pure State.

I was there, once, I got back to that moment, I felt like Me, not the me I show to the world, but the Me inside, and I cried, because I'd become a Stranger to my Youngest self.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Love it! Love the analogy. The mind is born riddled with impurities and one must cleanse it to make any great use of it without flaws. The mind is like Gold. A question is left though: What are the impure thoughts?

Are they the thoughts that cause us suffering? (seems likely)
Or are they they thoughts that cause us blissful joy?

One man's happiness can be derived from what one man suffers from, so are the impurities individual?

Does Gold consist of individuals pieces of gold, or is it one whole?

My apologies if the simple questions come out somewhat "blurred", haven't slept much lately hehe.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You might even say that the chaotic mind of a newborn is pure and all-knowing, but it has no conceivable language to conduct an understanding. As an individual experiences life, learns language, and ages, maybe this is where the impurity comes from. Perhaps a genius is the result of a process where no impurity is introduced into the mind during childhood.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I don't think that the mind is born with impurities, that is the only point where I disagree with The OP, but I do beleive that these impurities can happen almost as instantly as someone is brought into this world, or, even when still inside their mother (Alcohol and Drug babies). There is also a soul tie between mother and child, so, if impure thoughts do exists, this may have something to do with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

When speaking about language as a possible tool of mental corruption, not only do I agree with this notion, but I must say, it really makes me think about Autistic children that do not speak, I worked with a couple in my life, and have found, that with some (not all), the whole 'not speaking' may, in fact be a personal choice. I'll give one example of when I worked at this daycare a while back, there was a 4 year old kid, I was told he was autistic, and that he NEVER spoke, because he couldn't speak, well, one day, we were playing with some toys, and he kept trying to tell me something, something so obvious, but I guess I was just too stupid to get it, so he kinda shouted at me, and it freaked out everyone in the room, because they'd never heard him make a sound, ever, not even his parents knew he could talk.

So yeah, I really believe language takes away from the power of our minds. I believe babies can communicate to one another, telepathically, and most of us older people have lost this ability.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Wow, now you've got me thinking.

As they say... silence is golden... and a host of other quotes regarding silence.
edit on 2-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Great point! I think you are right!

leira7: Similarly great point! You and Sinter are touching on the same thing and I agree with you both. If I could still edit the OP I would remove the word "born" because you are right and it is not what I was intending for it to mean.

xiphias: Again, great point! The genius question is also an interesting thing to consider. I believe you have brought up a few very interesting points.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

"After reading your OP, I thought to myself... "How do we distinguish the impurities from the pure essence?"
Then the answer dawned on me. You have chosen the perfect metaphor!
We know gold from it's impurities because the pure gold shines, sparkles, and radiates brilliantly.
We know the pure heart by its light.. its brilliance.. its shine.. its glow, and its warmth.
In both examples, the impurities are the distraction and hinderance to the perfected and pure radiation. "

Wow, this is very, very good! I wish I could add it to the OP but its too late. The impurities of the gold and the mind are the distraction and hinderance to the perfected and pure radiation or glow, for both, the gold and the mind.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
maybe it's all hereditary and we got to get back to burning witches and sorcerers again ?

like Darwin you know...

j/k j/k

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

"The impure thoughts.... Are you born with it or do you catch them during life ?"

Very nice question. I enjoy the explanation Jesus gave in the Bible;

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14

I believe that for the most part we are born with a clean slate, a pure mind.
It is the development of our awareness of this life that corrupts us.
Awareness brings observance and experience.
As we grow, our minds focus on being more aware of life.
As we become more aware of life, we observe existence relative to our awareness.
Our observations influence our use of Free Choice in our experience of life.
Free Choice is a purifier or corruptor.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

A question is left though: What are the impure thoughts? Are they the thoughts that cause us suffering? (seems likely) Or are they they thoughts that cause us blissful joy? One man's happiness can be derived from what one man suffers from, so are the impurities individual?

Good questions, I would say impure thoughts are any thoughts that lead to suffering. Some might say that would only mean thoughts of hate, greed, jealousy, lust, laziness... but does hate not arise from the attachment to love, or greed arise from the attachment to pleasure? So yes impure thoughts could be linked with what we associate to be a "happy" or "pure" thoughts. That is why there is the need to continuously observe and refine the mind, "washing away" any thoughts that show signs of being impure.

So in short, even the man who perceives to have gained "happiness" at another mans expense is also causing more suffering to himself, even if he is not consciously aware of how that is happening.

The laws of Karma explain this better than I have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join