It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and the World Hates us!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I just found this article in regards to the bailouts in 2008. Apparently we propped up the World banking system and then some. I find it quite interesting that the US is so often criticized when any time someone is in trouble they come crying to us.

Hope my link works and sorry if this has already been posted somewhere - Kellye

www.washingtonpost.com...
or
www.drudgereport.com - center article in red

www.washingtonpost.com... I dont know how to make the link work - here is the address to the article
edit on 2-12-2010 by ksorelleesq because: broken link

edit on 2-12-2010 by ksorelleesq because: trying to get link out

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
the "world" doesn't hate us...there are individuals that hate the US of course, and there are plenty of US citizens that hate anything outside of the US

chances are, neither side of the hate machine even have a passport.

Ignorance is not a US monopoly.

And of course, the smallest brains typically have the loudest mouth
edit on 2-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ksorelleesq
I just found this article in regards to the bailouts in 2008. Apparently we propped up the World banking system and then some. I find it quite interesting that the US is so often criticized when any time someone is in trouble they come crying to us.

My god people, how quickly you forget who it was that CAUSED the mess in the first place.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

My god people, how quickly you forget who it was that CAUSED the mess in the first place.

Where has this 'US is the saviour of the world' total nonsense come from, for goodness sake? Oh, yes, the fascist, totalitarian government.
edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
who is truly responsible for all of this, and does it matter? Should it matter? I am honestly asking, if knowing that it matters, will that help us to solve the problem? I don't think any of the current governments are to blame. We are in a domino freefall. it'ss all going to hell in a handbasket, OR so they want us to believe. Don't stap the puppets, stab the Invisible King-Queens.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why do people even post threads like this?
You do know you are pretty much gonna get three types of people replying:

1. Ignorant Americans who refuse to believe anything positive happens outside of our country, and seem to be broken records repeating "America Number 1!"

2. Ignorant non-Americans who refuse to believe anything positive happens in our country, and seem to be broken records repeating "Brainwashed by hamburgers!"

3. Level-headed people from around the globe who are open to both sides of the argument. You will know these people as they are often ignored.

Enjoy your flame war.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Killface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

The citizens who allow criminal activity to continue to go on year after year without all standing up in masses and throwing them out of office like we should've done 1913. The generation after generation who refuses to come outside of the ignorance box and allow this corruption to continue . Everyday they are allowed to walk back in there office is another day we let them. We allow this to happen . Were all to pussy to stand up and do anything about it because we value our own selfish little lives instead of standing up for whats right and whats good for future generations . Were greedy sons of bitches how else do you think we got to the top of the food chain.?

The world problems can be fixed but it would mean changing your comfy life stytles back home =p Americans cant go for that . We have to many little princesses and princes for that noise . You see for the west to live so comfy a vast number must suffer in the world for it . Cheap labour , stealing resources etc etc

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killface
Why do people even post threads like this?
You do know you are pretty much gonna get three types of people replying:

1. Ignorant Americans who refuse to believe anything positive happens outside of our country, and seem to be broken records repeating "America Number 1!"

2. Ignorant non-Americans who refuse to believe anything positive happens in our country, and seem to be broken records repeating "Brainwashed by hamburgers!"

3. Level-headed people from around the globe who are open to both sides of the argument. You will know these people as they are often ignored.

Enjoy your flame war.

Very good. Star on you!

A prime example

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The USA saved the world from the financial crisis?

You are DELUSIONAL. The United States CAUSED the financial crisis, with massive help from Gordon Brown in the United Kingdom.

Get off your high horse.

This is why the world snubs America, too conceited and always have this attitude that "they saved the world".

The really telling point will come when America needs help (and this will come soon with the deficit/debt problems they have), who will come to the aid of the United States? Answer, probably nobody.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

"Brainwashed by hamburgers!"

Thats perhaps the most awesome phrase I have come across...damn, I need to use it as a screenname somewhere.

however, might have to change it to "cheeseburgers"...its just not the same without the cheese.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This is why the world snubs America, too conceited and always have this attitude that "they saved the world".

Yes...America is made up of just one thought.

Actually, I personally don't mind being snubbed by individuals whom generalize an entire nation based on a few...not really the most forward thinking types to discuss intellectual matters with if they are getting tripped up on that.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We are not the only responsible party- it is a world of corrupt leaders - I was just saying that I love that we are evil - according to the people in other countries yet they look to us to bail them out -

NO THE US ALONE DID NOT screw the world - we did not create the state dependency in other countries -

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Thats perhaps the most awesome phrase I have come across...damn, I need to use it as a screenname somewhere.

however, might have to change it to "cheeseburgers"...its just not the same without the cheese.

Cheeseburgers with a madcow twist.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Really, most of the Amuricuna ive met have been arrogant, selfish, self agrandising asses.
The jingoism exudes from their pores like sweat from an armpit.
A little humility would go a long way....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

NO THE US ALONE DID NOT screw the world - we did not create the state dependency in other countries -

Are you honestly trying to say that the U.S. financial institutions didn't use mortgages to gamble derivatives that caused the Global Financial Crisis? Seriously?

Wow, just wow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Really, most of the Amuricuna ive met have been arrogant, selfish, self agrandising asses.

I am thinking the one common factor then would be not how everyone is, but how you are.

ever consider it might be difficult not to be an ass towards you no matter who you are?

Sometimes the world isn't crazy...it might just be you

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

one more word about this

from a thread -you- authored about Jim Marrs:

Hello Mr Marrs
I have a great respect for your research skills and perceptive digging out of the pertinent facts.

great respect for arrogant, selfish, self grandising ass? interesting (you do know Mr. Marrs is an american, right?)

Point is...you can choose to acknowledge the idiots of the culture and paint the entire culture as idiotic, or you can pick out the exceptional in a culture and likewise paint the culture as exceptional...but the truth is, its neither..good and bad in any basket the world gives.

now, what do you personally want to be...the exceptional or the idiot of your culture.
edit on 2-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ksorelleesq

They didn't come crying to you, they were pissed because morally corrupted and fraudulent financial institutions on Wall Street had sold worthless and fraudulently stamped fake AAA rated 'Credit Default Swaps' derivatives and other multiple rackaged toxic financial instrument to foreign investors through their financial subsidiaries in London.

And they can of course not say this out loud, openly in the US media because it was actually FRAUD what the American Bankster institutions did. To admit it openly to the public would've destroyed the confidence for the world financial system.

That's why all these foreign entities, financial intitutions, foreign governmental retirement funds came running to Hank Paulson and the US Government - demanding their investments back!

That's why Pelosi, Paulson and the Bush administration were running around like desperate & crazed headless chickens screaming that the sky was falling. (with the threats of total world financial collapse and martial law)

And that's why much of the bail-out went to these Banks and financial institutions in Europe, The Gulf States and in Asia.

Some of these bail-outs later went through AIG who had written the insurance instruments for all these worthless toxic and fake stamped derivatives that had fake AAA ratings, the naked derivatives and other toxic financial instruments which were sold overseas - then bubble bursted and the fraud was discovered and blew up in their faces because all the underlaying value of the derivatives was often based on the worthless & insanely high leverage of multiple repackaged subprime morguages, and therefore AIG went belly up!

Blame your guilty and greedy Wall Street for all this mess - not the rest of the world!

edit on 2-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: keyboard is funky!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Amazing btw

Financial experts worldwide are still scratching their head and debating on the complexities that lead to 2008 nerfdom...

all they have to do is check ATS...seems our local experts have it all figured out.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

CHEESEburgers!? Decadent, immoral, western filth!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join