It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Screw gay pride. Screw black pride. Screw latino pride. Screw white pride. Screw all "pride" that seperates us as humans. You are proud of what? Being born with a certain skin color? Being born in a certain area of the earth? How can you be proud of that? It is not an accomplishment you did, it is chance. .
edit on Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:15:21 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Wow! I must have got you wrong. That is the way that I see it also however people insist on using the 1960s Schtick when it comes to black pride. So some black people insist on the cultural nationalism of black pride month and now some whites continue with the 1960s counter argument of white pride so away we go!

Originally posted by AndrewJay
I saw a video recently on Fox News where the man had id say 30-40 people in the room maybe 5-10 of those were black and he asked a simple question: who would vote for obama again if the election were today. Guess who raised their hand? Every black person in the room raised their hand but one. Not one white person. What does this tell me?.

Well I was always taught to be careful with statistical sampling and it had been a significant part of my professional life.

Firstly it s difficult to make a sensible extrapolation from such a small sample size.

Secondly it maybe reflects the personal support that someone has for one particular policy. I wonder if it has to do with Obama's stance on health care. It would not be unusual for people to vote for selfish reasons. most black people are poor.

Thirdly how many of America woes are down to Obama. To hold his what 2 years of office equal to the years of junior and senior Bush is clearly wrong.

Now let us look at the converse. How many white people did not vote for Obama because of his skin color?? Now that is a question!
edit on 29-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
White pride can be ok as long the person is not racist and full of hate. Go look at Stormfront, that is why people think whites who are proud of their race think are racist. I am proud to be Mexican American, but I am not racist and I love other races and I think the British are sexy. I like being around other cultures. On Stormfront, those people are just full of hate and those people hate minorities and always scream white pride. I think that is were people get that idea from. It is possible for white people to be proud and not be full of hate, same as I am proud of my race and I am full of love.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
white pride - worldwide

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Don't know if it was mentioned or said before (too lazy to read), but most celebrate their nationality not their race. At least here in NYC. Hispanics for instance celebrate Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Colombian etc... in their parades and "rock" their flags. Very rarely do you see "brown pride". White celebrate Saint Patricks day, Italians celebrate Colombus day, Greeks (considered white?) celebrate their parade. The only exception that I have seen are African Americans, and my belief is that because of the forcing of slavery on them and a lost of their nationalities, roots, and identities, AND also the fact that many are of mixed origin, choose to celebrate as a race.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Don't know if it was mentioned or said before (too lazy to read), but most celebrate their nationality not their race. At least here in NYC. Hispanics for instance celebrate Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Colombian etc... in their parades and "rock" their flags. Very rarely do you see "brown pride". White celebrate Saint Patricks day, Italians celebrate Colombus day, Greeks (considered white?) celebrate their parade. The only exception that I have seen are African Americans, and my belief is that because of the forcing of slavery on them and a lost of their nationalities, roots, and identities, AND also the fact that many are of mixed origin, choose to celebrate as a race.

seems to be a thing across the world though, both WITHIN Africa (where black is considered right and "TRUE" african") to wherever blacks may live outside Africa, such as Britain, France etc

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Basically the same situation exists for most whites whose family has been in the U.S. for several generations. They have heritages from numerous nationalities, so it is hard to choose. They are often a mixture of British Isle heritage, German, Italian, Irish, Latino, Scandinavian, Russian, Polish, other Eastern European countries, various Asian countries, and Native American. And there are a lot of black people who are as much white as black, or more. It is getting to the point where it is ok for people to be proud of all of their heritages. That should include Heinz 57 white.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I see where you are coming from.

But have a suggestion.

How about Human Pride...........Tribe of Man?

Let's stop separating ourselves via white, black, red, yellow.

My dog, if a human would totally be confused as she is white, black and two shades of brown.

Racial pride is just one more way that TPTB divide us.

The three D's

Dumbing us down
Distracting us
Dividing us

It is time for mankind to unite into one tribe, one group.....................humanity.

ps: The soul has no "color" nor "gender".............last life time I could have been a Aborigine male.

This time around I am now a little old "white" woman.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine

edit on 15-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ive looked high and low for a good white people joke.. and there just arent any. If youre going to have white pride, we have to work on the joke situation. I found ONE that was not T&C compliant... so I cant post it here and told my husband who is white. He hit me with 5 concerning my ethnicity.

This just wont do.... you cant truly be oppressed and have pride if there arent dedicated joke pages...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
White celebrate Saint Patricks day,

Right, nice egalitarian post. Irish is Irish, and I thank God every morning I wake up that I don't have a drop of Irish in me.

Why does everyone ignore German Americans? Is it because we made the Anglo-Scott Irish Southerners give up their slaves. Northern Irish American's started a riot instead of fighting, and any English American that could scrape the cash together to buy their way out of the draft did. Only German American's enlisted into the Union Army to end slavery en mass.

Why is it that other "whites" are so terrified of us German Americans embracing our own culture and unique ethnic history in this country? Or maybe it is the fact that aside for slavery we were damn near treated as badly as African American's since colonial times?

This whole white thing is nonsense. For over 300+ years our lovely fellow "whites" harassed, discriminated against and lynched German American's for sport. How many Irish ministers where lynched for saying a prayer to a dieing old woman? Heck for that matter how many African American ministers were lynched for saying a prayer to an old dieing African American woman?

And who now bears the burden of affirmative action? Is it the Irish American's? No. English American's? Nope

Only German American's bear the burden of this anti-white hysteria. And the b*&^% of it is if it wasn't for German American's most African American's would probably still be slaves.

White Pride is nothing more then a euphemism for Anglo-Scott-Irish Ulster hegemony*(look at the KKK, founded by Anglo-Scott/Irish Ulsters). And that hegemony will soon come to an end.

You see German's have a very long history of getting along with the various Hispanic ethnic races/groups. I get along with them just fine. Anglo-Scott/Irish Ulsters... not so well. If you studied the asset seizures of "whites" in Latin America you notice one thing. They are all Anglo-Scott/Irish Ulsters(the land was seized for violations of workers rights and for treating workers like indentured servants/slaves).

Am I proud to be white? No. I hate whites*. I am a proud German American!

*Only people of clear Anglo-Scott/Irish heritage are "white".
edit on 16-6-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It was nature that created different groups of mankind, separate and distinct. Why shouldn't they stay that way? What's wrong with that? And again, just HOW is "race a tool used by TPTB to divide and oppress us"?

reply to post by korathin

Now as for this.....what the hell. Just.....what the hell. I totally don't know where to begin.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Being "proud" of a default state you had no hand in is absurd and asinine.

Race, ethnicity, birthplace, etc... you didn't do anything for that. You haven't accomplished anything.

Being "proud" of such a wholly worthless thing tells me you haven't any real accomplishments to be proud of.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah you understand exactly where I stand. I am proud of my physique, I work damn hard to stay in top shape, I will be the 80 year old guy pulling boats around celebrating my birthday
I am proud of a lot of obstacles I have overcome, a lot of goals I have achieved. I am proud to have learned a lot of traditions from my native american roots, but I cannot say I am proud to be native american. Nor am I proud to be of german/acadian ancestry. I didn't have a hand in that at all. Not embarrassed of it either, but it is not a source of pride for me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I realize that whites haven't had the best track record but neither have all these other cultures.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews)

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage.

Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, but this is a bunch of malarkey for the following reasons:

1.)The Jews WERE NOT at the center of the global slave trade, ANYWHERE. Sorry, but despite what the Nation of Islam would like to tell you, although a small number of Jews may have been involved, it was largely white Protestant and Iberian Catholic merchantmen who were responsible.
2.)Cherishing your heritage, is very damned different than using it as a way to boast about how superior you are to everyone, contrary to what the white and other supremacists would want to tell you.
3.)White people aren't forbidden from celebrating their heritage. In fact, there are PLENTY of celebrations which persons of European heritage can participate in! Hell, there's tens of millions of white people who cherish their ancestry, and who AREN'T racist, nor are labeled as such.
4.)Also, whites are not a monolithic construct; like all the other 'races', we come in all shapes and sizes; tall Finns, short Norwegians, swarthy Italians, blond Slavic Russians, brunette Irishmen, etc.
5.)And finally, while there may be a few unfortunate angry souls who truly do blame ALL whites for everything, most really don't.

I understand the anger, but unfortunately, there is a LOT of propaganda & just plain B.S. out there concerning ethnic issues, some of it coming from not just unscrupulous, but even, in a select few cases, downright evil people[Referring to people like Pete Peters, Richard Butler, and a few others.] And not just from white supremacists, either. There's some disgusting black supremacists, too; how about Louis Farrakhan?

In any case, please try not to fall into these traps............or you may never be able get out.
=(
edit on 26-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join