It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authentic telekinesis demonstrations by Darryl Sloan (the real deal)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Have you guys heard of Darryl Sloan? He's one of the most philosophical and intelligent critical thinkers I've ever seen, and one of the few people I watch on YouTube. If you listen to him, you'll see why he's worth listening to.

His channel has a lot of controlled psi wheel experiments, some under a glass bowl too. They demonstrate a very real, small but measurable effect.

YouTube - darrylsloan's Channel

His book "Reality Check" is one of the best critical thinking books I've ever read. He puts into words what a lot of us have felt and creates an impeccable chain of logic. The more you listen to him, the more you admire him. You can get his book from his site at www.darrylsloan.com

This guy is one of the truest skeptics I've ever seen. He asks big questions and analyzes different sides very deeply. There's no question that he's sincere. Watch his videos and you'll understand why.

Thanks,
Winston
SCEPCOP

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here Darryl Sloan explains why he thinks the JREF Challenge doesn't mean anything. He addresses the question that his fans posed to him, "why don't you take the Randi challenge?" and points out that JREF followers have an irrational faith based belief that Rand is true, honest and objective, even though they really don't know that for a certainty and just take his word for it. In reality it is really faith based. Excellent point.

www.youtube.com...

Here Darryl Sloan calmly expresses his disgust with the Randi crowd and their attacks on his telekinesis experiments. Wow look how rational he is. The part where he says that the paradigm of the skeptics is that "The known laws of physics are the ONLY reality" is spot on and so true.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Are you that guy? Cuz this sure sounds like self-promotion spam to me

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Good observation, Winston Wu wrote a small review on his book.

"A thought-provoking masterpiece ... The quality of thought in it is on a level I've rarely encountered."

I have viewed Darrly Sloan's videos on telekinesis because of my studies on "John Chang".

A.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Authentic telekinesis demonstrations I've seen stuff like that in Star Wars I'm a big fan of Star Wars I have watched it several times but to be honest I have no idea of the scientific explanation but I investigated on search engines and I believe there are people in India that have acquired these mystical powers I would love to see somebody do that life cannot just be a continuous line of speculation and argumentation we need to go out into the world and practical experience things! I hope youyou get my point cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just watched 3 of his videos. He hasn't said one original/new/interesting thing. He is ugly enough to need tk to distinguish himself though.

One more thing here - the psi wheel WILL move randomly under any bowl or glass like that. Unless you put plaster around the base, the air is still getting in - I know from experience. When I was a kid, I thought I had magical powers too, just so you don't take this vid too seriously:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-12-2010 by avraell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Um, I checked him out. He's taking alot of flak right now from various folk that don't see him the same way you do, Wu.

I feel a little sorry for him, as you can tell he has gotten his feelings hurt by some of the criticism on his youtube channel. One of his responses to this criticism is found in Darryl's statement on one of the videos:

"It just struck me as somewhat unfair, that I have to bear the consequences of everyone who's tried to make a quick buck swindling people with paranormal powers or whatever."

I don't discount TK, but I don't find Sloan to be either the great critical thinker you profess, Wu, nor convincing with his bits of tinfoil in highly uncontrolled experiments.

Darryl is rather pissy right now at the whole Randi Challenge. I don't care for Randi these days, the way I used to either, but it's OBVIOUS that Darryl is afraid of having to attempt to spin the tinfoil under controlled and/or vacuum conditions.

He and WU777 here, would still appreciate you buying the book though...ahem.

I would visit the pub with Darryl and have fun I'm sure. Even though he is confused, he's seems allright. I'd buy him drinks, lots, but I'll pass on his book.

p.s. - Just googled Winston Wu to see what his qualifications as a book reviewer might be and...ah nevermind lol:
edit on 2-12-2010 by The GUT because: add book review details

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

It is really so unnecessary to remark on someones looks in such a way, and especially so if you KNOW that the person in question might read it. Very low.

As for the "subject" himself, I am neutral. I know such abilities exist, but apart from that, I am- as said- neutral until I have seen more of this guy.
Indeed, though, the topic is very interesting, no question.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
reply to post by avraell

It is really so unnecessary to remark on someones looks in such a way, and especially so if you KNOW that the person in question might read it. Very low.

As for the "subject" himself, I am neutral. I know such abilities exist, but apart from that, I am- as said- neutral until I have seen more of this guy.
Indeed, though, the topic is very interesting, no question.

It's SO unnecessary to pretend that people don't judge based on appearance. In fact, it's disrespectful to the uglies. It's kind of like telling a disfigured person he/she has an equal chance of having a good sex life / marriage. I guess these pretensions are what holds society together though. Entertaining, and very, very low and inconsiderate - not short of a blatant lie in fact.

I am more interested in what makes you *know* that these abilities exist though.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by avraell
It's SO unnecessary to pretend that people don't judge based on appearance.

Oh ofcourse people judge apparences, no one is denying that. However, most of them are luckily mature enough to not be rude and disrespectful about it.
To have a strongly negative opinion about someone is one thing, to blatantly state it in the open is another, which I am sure that you realize if you give it a good pondering.

In fact, it's disrespectful to the uglies.

First, Opinion is not the same as fact. Second; Who is the uglies? Considering that an individual that is considered ugly by ONE person, is not considered such by each and every of the whole World's remaining population, the question remains who decides it? You? Hardly.
There are people genuinly thinking supermodels and Miss Universe are ugly, while other consider them "Hot".
In short, a personal taste is not a marker for everybody elses taste.

It's kind of like telling a disfigured person he/she has an equal chance of having a good sex life / marriage.

Well, actually He/She does, depending on what they make of it. If they only sits there, not much will probably happen, though, just as with anybody else.

I guess these pretensions are what holds society together though.

Well, I wouldn't say that mutual respect alone is what keeps Society together, but it sure is an important part of it, yes.

I am more interested in what makes you *know* that these abilities exist though.

No you are not. A genuine interest is displayed in a much different way. Rewind and try again.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Oh of course people judge apparences, no one is denying that. However, most of them are luckily mature enough to not be rude and disrespectful about it. To have a strongly negative opinion about someone is one thing, to blatantly state it in the open is another, which I am sure that you realize if you give it a good pondering.

It doesn't matter - ugly people have to make up for being ugly, they are overlooked both sexually and at professional interviews (if you don't believe me on the last one, google some studies). Basically, society is a bunch of facetious whores - "I am not going to tell you that you are ugly, but I am sure as hell not sleeping with you." The end effect is the same. The only difference is that lying placates the incompetent, so they are less likely to, say, shoot up a school or pull a suicide bombing. This is essential for our legal / social system to work. Give that some good pondering.

First, Opinion is not the same as fact. Second; Who is the uglies? Considering that an individual that is considered ugly by ONE person, is not considered such by each and every of the whole World's remaining population, the question remains who decides it? You? Hardly. There are people genuinly thinking supermodels and Miss Universe are ugly, while other consider them "Hot". In short, a personal taste is not a marker for everybody elses taste.

Blah, blah, blah, generic bull#, blah. Some people are definitively ugly. Fat people, people with skewed features, bad skin, characteristics not commonly associated with their sex, etc. Sure, you can bring up fetishes, but then you would have to mention how rare they are, and what kind of people have them.

Well, actually He/She does, depending on what they make of it. If they only sits there, not much will probably happen, though, just as with anybody else.

I want to say "that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard," you know, for emphasis...but I have heard a lot of dumb #. Do me a favor, cut your #ing nose off and tell me you still have the same chance of having a successful romantic life with the woman of your dreams, whoever that may be.

Well, I wouldn't say that mutual respect alone is what keeps Society together, but it sure is an important part of it, yes.

lol, mutual respect. Unless it comes to sharing money, love, or anything else of value. It's certainly nice to share pleasantries and good wishes though - they don't cost a thing.

No you are not. A genuine interest is displayed in a much different way. Rewind and try again.

Yea, that attention people don't get in real life, you show it to them here to keep pretending. Definitely the most efficient way to get more bull#.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

"the real deal"? what a joke. Show me a guy that can levitate a car or move big things with his mind and we will talk again.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by avraell[/i

It doesn't matter - ugly people have to make up for being ugly, they are overlooked both sexually and at professional interviews (if you don't believe me on the last one, google some studies). Basically, society is a bunch of facetious whores - "I am not going to tell you, you are ugly, but I am sure as hell not sleeping with you." The end effect is the same. The only difference is that lying placates the incompetent, so they are less likely to, say, shoot up a school or pull a suicide bombing. This is essential for our legal / social system to work. Give that some good pondering.

So, to pack together everything you just said, the basics of it are, that everyone on the whole planet has to make up for being ugly, and at the same time, no one at all, right?

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Figured you wouldn't be able to answer that.

By the way, speaking of fetishes; Which are the people you mentioned that have them? I mean, considering that everybody actually has one, including you, although you are probably not aware of it as you likely do not consider it to be a fetish. So, whom are the people you speak about?

I want to say "that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard," you know, for emphasis...but I have heard a lot of dumb #. Do me a favor, cut your #ing nose of and tell me you still have the same chance of having a successful romantic life with the woman of your dreams, whoever that may be.

I'm not really that interested in a "Woman of my dreams", but, if I were to indeed meet the Person of my dreams, the perfect One, then that person just wouldn't bother, as that person wouldn't care whether I was missing a nose or not.
Not that He/She would notice it until I told it, though, as you can get brand new perfectly natural looking noses these days. They showed them on Discovery Channel

lol, mutual respect. Unless it comes to sharing money, love, or anything else of value. It's certainly nice to share pleasantries and good wishes though - they don't cost a thing.

Wow, you haven't had much look in lovelife, have you?

Yea, that attention people don't get in real life, you show it to them here to keep pretending.

Pretending what, exactly?

Definitely the most efficient way to get more bull#.

And apparently it indeed worked, as you after all answered.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Wo there, trying to edit my posts?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

how the hell did you edit someone else's post?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Magical admin powers, how else. I WILLED it to be so. As above, so below, all succumbs to the truth.

@other mods with magical powers: Extreme violation my ass, I clearly addressed each point in a manner appropriate to the subject matter.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
YouTube - darrylsloan's Channel
I don't have time to watch over 100 videos and since you didn't provide any specific links I just picked one that had telekinesis in the title:

I can see after watching that (well the first half anyway, I couldn't finish, it's pretty boring) why he wouldn't go to Randi for a test, he says his telekinesis is not really controllable.

Out of all the things that Randi can test for, it seems like telekinesis should be one of the most straightforward. So if I did have telekinesis I would definitely take Randi's challenge.

And the OP does come on a little strong with the book promotion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

As far as I know, Randi's challenges requirements are ridiculous. Under the surveillance of tons of equipment, people (an audience, even), Randi staring down your neck, etc.. If one needed patience, silence and solitude to achieve the state they need to perform such 'feats', then they will certainly end up being a laughing stock and failing Randi's 'challenge'.
edit on 2-12-2010 by free_form because: spelling

edit on 2-12-2010 by free_form because: more spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_form
As far as I know, Randi's challenges requirements are ridiculous.

So expecting someone to perform exactly what they claim to be able to do is ridiculous? The reason no one can pass his challenge is no one can demonstrate their ability under controlled conditions.

<<   2  3 >>

join