It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Blimps, Secret Aircraft and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hello

I always found amazing that no one questions the real tech behind F-117 and B-2 Spirit planes...also, over the years there are many stuff said about 'Stealth Blimps" and 'Stealth UAVs'...here are some of them for your consideration..

STEALTH BLIMP

They are big, black, and triangular. In UFO folklore they are proof-positive that planet Earth is a rest stop for joyriding, but road-weary, extraterrestrials. A just released study by the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS), based in Las Vegas, Nevada, sheds new light on the dark and mysterious craft. They offer a more down-to-earth hypothesis. NIDS researchers contend that these type vehicles are lighter-than-air, blimp-style craft of the U.S. military's making. Likely powered by "electrokinetic" drive, the lifting body-shaped airships have been skirting the skies from perhaps the early to mid 1980s.

RECCON UAVs

Northrop Grumman recently announced its stealth UAV has been successfully completed and will be ready for initial test flights in the fall of 2009. Designed under a joint program with the United States Navy, the X-47B drone will closely resemble a strike fighter. It will take off from and land on an aircraft carrier and support mid-air refueling. Unlike the current crop of military UAVs, the X-47B will operate mostly autonomously once airborne. Northrop Grumman was awarded a Navy contract in 2007 to develop two unmanned combat air system (UCAS) vehicles over the course of six years. Called the X-47B, the first drone was built in just over a year. The initial requirement for this new aircraft design was just integration with the aircraft carrier system, but mid-air refueling was later added to the mix. The X-47B is designed to fly at altitudes of up to 40,000 feet at high subsonic speeds. It is also designed for long range, high endurance missions, performing several tasks including intelligence gathering, surveillance, reconnaissance, targeting, close air support, communications relay, ballistic missile detection, and precision strikes. The X-47B drones are being built in California and incorporate parts and services from several partners including Lockheed Martin, Pratt & Whitney, GE Aviation, Honeywell, Goodrich, Dell, GKE Aerospace, Eaton Aerospace, Moog Inc., Wind River, Parker Aerospace, Hamilton Sunstrand, and Rockwell Collins. Only one X-47B has been constructed at this time. A second drone should be completed in 2009. No further vehicles are planned until after the design passes its tests. Subsystem and structural tests are currently underway. The initial aerial tests scheduled for fall 2009 will only ensure the vehicle can fly; more robust testing including flights from an aircraft carrier are set to start in 2011 with an eye toward deployment only around 2020.

F-117 & B-2

The Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk, nicknamed "The Black Jet", is the world's first operational aircraft completely designed around stealth technology. Flown only by the United States Air Force, it is a direct descendant of the Have Blue stealth prototype program. The F-117A was widely publicized during the Gulf War. Retirement looms on the horizon, with dates being discussed ranging from 2008 to 2018.

TR3B & TRIANGLE UFOS

TR3B INFO

The TR-3B is Code named Astra. The tactical reconnaissance TR-3B first operational flight was in the early 90s. The triangular shaped nuclear powered aerospace platform was developed under the Top Secret, Aurora Program with SDI and black budget monies. At least 3 of the billion dollar plus TR-3Bs were flying by 1994. The Aurora is the most classified aerospace development program in existence. The TR-3B is the most exotic vehicle created by the Aurora Program. It is funded and operationally tasked by the National Reconnaissance Office, the NSA, and the CIA. The TR-3B flying triangle is not fiction and was built with technology available in the mid 80s. Not every UFO spotted is one of theirs. The TR-3B vehicles outer coating is reactive to electrical Radar stimulation and can change reflectiveness, radar absorptiveness, and color. This polymer skin, when used in conjunction with the TR-3Bs Electronic Counter Measures and, ECCM, can make the vehicle look like a small aircraft, or a flying cylinder--or even trick radar receivers into falsely detecting a variety of aircraft, no aircraft, or several aircraft at various locations. A circular, plasma filled accelerator ring called the Magnetic Field Disrupter, surrounds the rotatable crew compartment and is far ahead of any imaginable technology. Sandia and Livermore laboratories developed the reverse engineered MFD technology. The government will go to any lengths to protect this technology. The plasma, mercury based, is pressurized at 250,000 atmospheres at a temperature of 150 degrees Kelvin and accelerated to 50,000 rpm to create a super-conductive plasma with the resulting gravity disruption. The MFD generates a magnetic vortex field, which disrupts or neutralizes the effects of gravity on mass within proximity, by 89 percent. Do not misunderstand. This is not antigravity. Anti-gravity provides a repulsive force that can be used for propulsion. The MFD creates a disruption of the Earth's gravitational field upon the mass within the circular accelerator. The mass of the circular accelerator and all mass within the accelerator, such as the crew capsule, avionics, MFD systems, fuels, crew environmental systems, and the nuclear reactor, are reduced by 89%. This causes the effect of making the vehicle extremely light and able to outperform and outmaneuver any craft yet constructed--except, of course, those UFOs we did not build.

dont flame me, this is my first thread on ATS

so, boys & girls of ATS, what do you make of all of this?
edit on 1/12/10 by masqua because: Re,oved 'All Caps' from title

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Great first thread

Beware of the supposed "TR3-B" though - frankly, it doesn't exist (in my opinion). Every single comment on the supposed craft can be traced back to Nick Cooks book "The Hunt for Zero Point". It is an idea clung on to by those who wish to believe the US has wonderful secret things it is ready to unleash on the world should the ruskies come running.

The name is derived from Tier-3 plus, also known as the cancelled Lockheed Project "Darkstar"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Despite what it's called though, there is definitely some kind of black, triangular, hovering craft that's been seen in a lot of places.

As for stealth, I was surprised to learn (fairly recently), that we developed the tech off of a Russian scientist's paper, for the most part. Makes me wonder how much the Russians actually did with it (as they didn't seem to utilize it at the time, but no doubt did after our developments).

(and we accomplished that decades ago, so I really have to wonder what we've got in the air now...)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yet again people get fooled by the Russians trying to make it seem like they invented it lol. When in reality it was invented by German scientist from project paper clip as a way to get past the radar systems during WW2 lol the Germans wanted to make it out of wood we used carbon fiber because its lighter and more stable. Dont believe the hype scientist are always trying to take credit for things which they didn't invent my guess is after ww2 this scientist got his hands on the document during the Nuremberg trials and rewrote it bang Russians invented it first lol. but For some reason we built it first hummmm i wonder why lol maybe because we had the scientist who actually came up with the concept.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by neformore

Despite what it's called though, there is definitely some kind of black, triangular, hovering craft that's been seen in a lot of places.

As for stealth, I was surprised to learn (fairly recently), that we developed the tech off of a Russian scientist's paper, for the most part. Makes me wonder how much the Russians actually did with it (as they didn't seem to utilize it at the time, but no doubt did after our developments).

(and we accomplished that decades ago, so I really have to wonder what we've got in the air now...)

Most certainly. Two of my friends had an extremely close encounter with what most refer to as a TR3B, a black triangle. They were at friend 2's lake house, and sitting at the end of their little pier playing guitar. I cannot remember what state this in, but it doesn't really matter. They were chillin when they saw a football field long (might have been two football fields? cannot remember which, staying conservative) black triangle (roughly equilateral) with lights at each corner and one huge light in the center, like a spotlight (using friend 1's description here). It flew silently and very slowly over the lake, and my friends saw the middle spotlight illuminating the water, heading straight for them.

They huddled under the bench they were sitting on, doing the whole "If we die, I love you bro" thing, as the light passed over them. It was bright enough that it looked light daytime, he said, when the light passed over. Then the craft zoomed off at incredible acceleration and velocity.

My friends did get in contact with Mufon and reported the sighting, as well as spoke with that dude Bill Birnes. Is that his name? The guy from UFO Hunters, the short troll-ish guy. He apparently said that black triangles are one of the most commonly reported sightings in his experience.

I have seen one (it was quite a bit further away than the one my friends saw) that hovered in the sky, but rotated slowly around. It was like a leaf floating quite leisurely on a quiet lake. After a while it stopped "floating" and was totally still. The three lights defining the craft were like lower brightness stars. After it stopped moving, we stared at it for at least 30 minutes waiting for it to do something, but we realized that after that much time, we couldn't even tell where the thing was or if it was even still there. So we gave up.

Anyways, the blimp sounds quite likely for many sightings, but what of the incredible acceleration and velocities commonly associated with sightings of "black triangle" craft?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is some Edgar Couch’e’s trap invented but I won’t participate in it.
Why you guys don’t tell directly what is the matter about.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Great Tier-3 picture

edit on 1-12-2010 by anubisone because: the right image link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I cannot stop it. What the Ukrainian teenagers think about TR-3B:

translate.google.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

yet again people get fooled by the Russians trying to make it seem like they invented it lol. When in reality it was invented by German scientist from project paper clip as a way to get past the radar systems during WW2 lol the Germans wanted to make it out of wood we used carbon fiber because its lighter and more stable. Dont believe the hype scientist are always trying to take credit for things which they didn't invent my guess is after ww2 this scientist got his hands on the document during the Nuremberg trials and rewrote it bang Russians invented it first lol. but For some reason we built it first hummmm i wonder why lol maybe because we had the scientist who actually came up with the concept.

If you can point me to this supposed paper, or a source, fine...but otherwise, it's just speculation. And, as radar was still fairly new in WW2, it would be even more surprising, as the simplest way to thwart it then, was to simply fly around it in places not protected by it!

Look, I'm all for crediting the Germans with some amazing advances, but in this instance, there doesn't seem to be too much in the way of substance to back the claim of German scientists developing the theories of stealth. Even the Russian scientist who published it only laid the theory groundwork, it was the Skunk Works team that actually applied the thinking to working aircraft.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i hate to post off Wikipedia as it is not a reliable new source but this has been thought of for some time. The first true "stealth" aircraft may have been the Horten Ho 229 flying wing fighter-bomber, developed in Germany during the last years of WWII. In addition to the aircraft's shape, which may not have been a deliberate attempt to affect radar deflection, the majority of the Ho 229's wooden skin was bonded together using carbon-impregnated plywood resins designed with the purported intention of absorbing radar waves. look it up you think the germans who could have built jets at that time would have made a plane out of wood for nothing lol. heres your link en.wikipedia.org... . lol it even used carbon impregnated wood lol how much of a clue do you need. I woulds say they had been on the right track don't you? as the stealth is made out of carbon fiber.
edit on 5-12-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Stealth Blimps eh...I was considering there was a technology "mash up" going on but no where did I ever see blimps on the radar (pun intended) until BAE said they were making one for civilian use which I like the idea but dunno how you would get around morons shooting at them.

I was thinkng about the 10 year gaps...

F117 first flight 1981 retired 2008 originally under Hopeless Diamond in 1975
B2 Spirit 1989 in service 1997 originally started under Advanced Technology Bomber in 1979.
F22 first flight 1990 in service 2005 originally started under Advanced Tactical Fighter in 1981
F35 first flight 2006 in service 2016 technology demostrator signe 1996

So there are roughly 10 years between technologies (although suppose this isnt a fair comparison as they lean on each others advances and also the step between no Stealth and Stealth seems much larger than between Stealth and improving Stealth)

Now UAVs are making their way forwards:

U2
Amber – 1984 first flight 1988
Predator – 1994 first flight 1995
Reaper – first flight 2001
Global Hawk – around 2001

Next step is where they mash together and its about time a new black project came forwards, I know there is the RQ-170 Sentinel but I dont think this is going to be anything exciting, there is talk to turn an A-10 into a UAV.

But I recon the next advance and the missing piece is an all out Air to Air fighter which will be a mix of the F22 and F35 and UAV and this will currently be in testing somewhere but if there is no pilot, will it need lights?

edit on 30-12-2010 by MisterBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

join