It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What time of day do you feel expresses yourself?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If you are wondering what I mean by the title allow me to elaborate. There are several time periods in a single twenty-four hour period. You have midnight, pre-sunrise, sunrise, morning, noon, sunset, and post-sunset.

We each have our own special time of the day that we have the most energy and maybe that time corresponds with your time of self-expression. This is not always the case though. The meaning of ‘what time of day do you feel expresses yourself?’ is that we each have a time of day that we have a deep psychological, emotional, spiritual, or philosophical attachment to.

The time of day that I feel expresses myself is midnight as exemplified within my avatar here on ATS. The beautiful glow of the midnight moon upon the trees and open fields with the gentle breeze of calmness and silence that fills the air with a harmonious blend of tranquility and philosophy, that is my interpretation and personal affection towards midnight.

"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day." ~Vincent Van Gogh

Please post your thoughts.
edit on 12/1/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I agree with you. Midnight for sure as opposed to the daytime. It makes you think deeper having thousands of stars above your head rather than just one.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm a night person. I'm used to working at night. Mornings are rough for me. Afternoons are okay. I like it better when the sun starts sinking, though.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hours of 1am till 5am most definitely...

But I ruin them these days with attempts of getting to sleep.. mefiaction < I have no idea what I mean there.. golly., grog, or ..well thats it really.. Im still awake at those hours, bursting with brain 'doitdoitnowdoitdotioslese' stuff.. just usually incapacitated..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
All of use three posters so far agree that our best self-expressing time of day is midnight. I believe this could have some correlation to the time we posted. All after midnight.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I wonder if our " peak" time of day ..... corresponds to where our ancestors are from ??

For instance, perhaps our biological clocks are set to the place we are originaly from, or where our ancestors evolved ??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would have to say after midnight myself too. Very strange... maybe this is where the vampire myth started. people who for whatever reason worked best at night. Interesting thread i will have to sleep on it. As for me personally I always have loved the night shift. I don't care to work the day shift at work no matter what if I can get a night shift, I will.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The meaning of ‘what time of day do you feel expresses yourself?’ is that we each have a time of day that we have a deep psychological, emotional, spiritual, or philosophical attachment to.
Please post your thoughts.

I guess I'd say 1am, 10am and sunrise though why I don't know.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There was a thread on this a few months ago where everyone decided they were pretty much nocturnal. Personally I think it has as much to do with the fact that everyone else, along with all their annoying interference and general day time life BS is not there/asleep.

I do agree though, night time is pretty awesome. But so is a nice sunny summers day if you can find anywhere peaceful!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Definitely the early morning between 5 and 6am. It's such a pretty blue color and I like it because it almost looks like twilight. If you were to one day wake up somewhere randomly, and it was 5:30, you might not know if it was in the AM or PM because the sky is that same color, 12 hours apart. I love it!
Here's a pretty "before the morning" picture

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I've always felt most alert and like my mind was the clearest in the pre-dawn hours and during sunrise, but then once it becomes daytime I get fuzzy, until at sunset when I "wake up" a little again. The only bad thing about this is that since getting married my sleep schedule has drastically changed and I'm no longer awake during my favorite hours, for the most part.

I still wake early occasionally and will go sit out on my swing with my coffee, of course, and a smoke, during the sunrise. I usually have all of my little revelations during this time. I miss that clarity. I actually think I'm going to make a point of picking one day out of the week where I rise early and catch the sunrise. I think these things are important to our overall wellbeing. Nice topic for a post, got me thinking.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wonder if a person's "peak time" has anything to do with the time of day they were born. Like for example, if somebody was born around noon, would that be their peak time, or would it be later?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I cannot speak for anyone else besides myself but I was born at 2:57 a.m. and it is around that time that is my most ‘alive’ part of the day.

I think you would need a real study to confirm anything such as this since currently it is mere speculation.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I wonder if anyone's ever studied that. It's something that I've often wondered about.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was born at 3 in the afternoon and I am a nighthawk. So I do not think that has anything to do with it.

I do not wake up until nighttime, doesn't matter what time I get up, I could get up at 6am, be tired all day and at around midnight I am fully awake.

I think as a previous poster said, it might be because everyone else is sleeping so it is like your by yourself.

Most beautiful time of day is past midnight to me.

Interesting thread.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Thank you for your contribution.

I too tried to readjust my sleep time so as to be awake throughout the day as I interpreted it as the ‘normal’ sleep patterns to rest at night. However when I began this trial once again for the umpteenth time I found myself sleeping during mid afternoon even after I slept a healthy 8 hours that night. Within just a few days I was back to sleeping from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.

I just have a sense of being alive during the night time that I just do not feel during the day. Add to that I love the stars, moonlight, and the cold, pretty much everything that is attributed to the night time.

I am quite pleased that I am not alone in this time expression.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by predator0187

Thank you for your contribution.

I too tried to readjust my sleep time so as to be awake throughout the day as I interpreted it as the ‘normal’ sleep patterns to rest at night. However when I began this trial once again for the umpteenth time I found myself sleeping during mid afternoon even after I slept a healthy 8 hours that night. Within just a few days I was back to sleeping from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.

I just have a sense of being alive during the night time that I just do not feel during the day. Add to that I love the stars, moonlight, and the cold, pretty much everything that is attributed to the night time.

I am quite pleased that I am not alone in this time expression.

I could have written that whole post.

That's why I hate work, I have to go to bed earlier (around 2ish) and I miss the best time of the night.

I also find if I go to bed early it doesn't matter how much sleep I get I'm always tired, but, on the weekends when I'm in bed by 5ish, I can get up at noon and feel well rested. It's funny.

I'm always called lazy because I can sleep past noon but I don't go to bed before 5 if it is up to me.

Thanks.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh and I love the cold too, there is nothing worse than a summer night where it is unbelievably hot and you cannot get comfortable.

I have to be cuddled in my blankets to sleep properly, with my feet out.

Pred...

P.S. I had to make a new post because I'm on an iPad and it's hard to edit posts.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Happy Hour!!

5:00 til 7:00

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Me... I personally like the sun rise, it brings a feeling of rejuvinaction,a new day with new oppertunities, My mother on the other hand comes to life at about 6 when the sun is setting, she is a very groggy day time person, she loves the different colors of the sky when the sun is setting, and my brother is DEFFINETLY a night owl his time of night is midnight... Always has since we were small children, I wonder why that is?? I dont like the afternoon to much because I am at work and have a million other things that I could be doing so I get frustrated around 2 in the afternoon, knowing that Im stuck for another 3 more hours in my dungeon! LOL By the time I get off its 5 all the things I need to get done are closed by five and when I get home its time to start dinner, do the dishes, give the baby a bath and in bed by 11 to do it all over again... LOL FUnny how most people are not crawlers... hmmmm good thread though!

<<   2 >>

join