It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only .1% has been released. How can people pass judgment on WikiLeak's CableGate so quickly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I see a lot of threads here passing judgement on the Wikileaks release already, saying things like "They didn't nail Israel, so it was engineered by Mossad.".

Um. You people realize that about 300 documents have been released so far? Out of almost 250,000?? That's like .1%.

If you watched .1% of Avatar, you might be convinced that it was government propaganda, too. But by the end you see that it was an anti-warmongering message.

Don't judge a book by its cover. And the cover of CableGate is ALL YOU HAVE SEEN at this point.

Deny ignorance.... Skepticism is good, but prejudging and closing your mind off is literally the definition of ignorance.

Peace.
edit on 1-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

I couldn't agree more.. I've been noticing a trend along these lines lately.Anyone making any head way about the world today is first praised,then accused of being cia,mossad,fbi,illuminati,reptilian..my guess..to much info not enough process power..if you get my drift.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

edited because the same reply posted twice.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Nebulous73 because: double posted

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Its actually 0.1% that has been release so far.

I just dont understand why they are releasing it so slowly... in the last day they only release about 40 cables.... meaning it would most likely take over a decade to post all the cables, surely they would not have the same impact in 10-20 years as they would have if they were released now.

Browsing over most of the news websites, this is no longer head lines and seems to be fading very fast, in fact on most news websites its not even on the main page anymore... This should be an explosion of information, but instead it looks like some stupid game that got the public all worked up for nothing....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Where does this information come from?

Surely not from Wikileaks if I'm right, surely Wikileaks is not the source if I'm right.

Am I right?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

the 1% club ,interesting considering that there is enough info to begin to open the peoples minds up to the simple facts that our governments have been shafting us all for years .lying cheating deceiving and breaking everything that they are supposedly forbidden to do by their own rules and laws. it seems some things never change ,do they.
and they all want to shut wiki leaks down for what -giving us the truth behind their masks of lies .
whats next shooting us for saying their wrong again ,Kent state .mean anything .
the man is an insane little tyrant who thinks that they and their minions can continue to do whatever without any repercussions what so ever . oh that's right they can as they all passed laws that say that they can do no wrong while in office and that they have DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY- for being the greatest liars and thieves off all time and we the people gave this power to them all because you dared to vote for them ,they even tried to pass a law up here in the great white north that all have to turn out to vote for them ,or go to jail.
funny thing up here the liberals voted themselves into office in Ontario even though 52 % did not vote -it`s called non confidence ,but they won`t put it on the ballot or they would all be out of a job.
last mayor election 27% turned out and the winner still elected himself only on those who dared to turn out.
Canada eh . god help you the government up here is as broke as they are in all other nations in this world they are all running on borrowed time -CREDIT - AS NONE OF THEM HAVE 2 PENNIES TO RUB TOGETHER.
and yet they are all spending IMAGINARY money in our names as they are all broke and the banks will continue to lend to them and rape us all over and over as they have been doing for centuries ,so where is our salvation coming for this madness and insanity .
ask the inmates as it seems that they are all running this asylum .

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think people are so quick to jump on Wikileaks because they expected something other than an echo chamber of stupidity in diplomatic cables at secret level.

Little did they know the people working behind the scenes would be as insipid and boring as they were in public. And say many of the same things.

Many were looking for more, or something new. But what we got instead was some confirmation of things that were already known.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Where does this information come from?

Surely not from Wikileaks if I'm right, surely Wikileaks is not the source if I'm right.

Am I right?

So by your logic, the Pentagon Papers were released by the US government also?

By your logic, it is ever possible for a leak in the government not to be actually from the goverment, if I'm right?

Am I right?

By your logic, that dude who attacked Fort Hood (Hassan) was ordered to attack from his superiors?

You do realize that just because someone is employed by the military that they might not always be following orders?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am not judging wikileaks at all, but if i were to, it would be because they only release ".1%" of the documents they have.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Im just going to take a shot in the dark here, but just maybe, is Wikileaks only releasing a small amount of "leaks" to gauge public respone? Just my theory.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Last time someone legitimately leaked something got caught not long after, and now is locked up.

That was the first video that came out.

That just shows how easy it is for US to catch those who want to leak files, and me having a Network Administrator back ground can tell you it wouldn't be that hard.

These leaks are not credible, because they all come from the same source, and that is not Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Uh.

You realize that the "first video that came out" was GIVEN FROM THE SAME SOURCE???!

Your logic is flawed. You say that the first leak that came out was real, but this one is false, but in reality IT WAS GIVEN TO WIKILEAKS FROM THE SAME PERSON AT THE SAME TIME.

Wikilieaks explicitly talked about these leaked cables (the 250,000 they are in the process of releasing now) WAY BACK before collateral murder was even released. Thats cause they received them all as one bundle and chose to release them after all 250,000 had undergone redactions after they received public backlash after releasing unredacted Iraq war logs.

Maybe you haven't read the news at all (it appears that you havent), but Private Manning (the one locked up for the "first leak" as you claim) is the one that is catching hell for these cables. Supposedly he smuggled it out on a Lady Gaga CD and lip synced while he was copying / burning the files.

I suggest you do to more research before you act like you know everything.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It is best practice to slow roast a pig for a complete cook through
A complete file dump to the public would have been counter-productive
They need to follow the review and redact method to 'pursue' a moral high ground
There are too many cats in the bag for a single 'dump'
And it remains to be seen whether the fire of transparency and justice can be kindled

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by oozyism

Uh.

You realize that the "first video that came out" was GIVEN FROM THE SAME SOURCE???!

Your logic is flawed. You say that the first leak that came out was real, but this one is false, but in reality IT WAS GIVEN TO WIKILEAKS FROM THE SAME PERSON AT THE SAME TIME.

Wikilieaks explicitly talked about these leaked cables (the 250,000 they are in the process of releasing now) WAY BACK before collateral murder was even released. Thats cause they received them all as one bundle and chose to release them after all 250,000 had undergone redactions after they received public backlash after releasing unredacted Iraq war logs.

Maybe you haven't read the news at all (it appears that you havent), but Private Manning (the one locked up for the "first leak" as you claim) is the one that is catching hell for these cables. Supposedly he smuggled it out on a Lady Gaga CD and lip synced while he was copying / burning the files.

I suggest you do to more research before you act like you know everything.

Post some sources to back your claim and I will take back every thing I said.

If all the data was leaked by the same person, at the same time, then the credibility increases.

Still leaves many questions open though, that is for another time.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

www.guardian.co.uk...

Manning faces a court martial and up to 52 years in prison for his alleged role in copying the diplomatic cables, as well as the leak of military logs about incidents in Afghanistan and Iraq and a classified military video which showed a crew of an American Apache helicopter gunning down a group of men who they thought had a rocket launcher. They turned out to include Reuters staff with a TV camera.

Have you really not looked at a single newspaper in the past week? Serious question.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been said, i'm skimming.

It is OBVIOUS with the whole panic and anger over the leaks that the 'agencies' are going to be out in FORCE layering on the propaganda thickly with a trowel.

That's why we are seeing so many posts about condemning WL...it's part of the divide and conquer propaganda tactics to demonize the only group of people on our planet with enough GUTS to take on the system and force them to be straight or else suffer the world knowing about their corruption and criminal deeds...fair enough for me.

If politicians and corporations don't want to be shown to be bent...don't be bent! Simple.

Like they are fond of telling us: If you have nothing to hide, why worry about being investigated or exposed?

Works both ways.

What you are seeing now, is the backlash phase..in the UK the BBC are already using language that downplays the serious impact of this round of leaks, and they lead every WL story, with Assange's being wanted by interpol for 'rape' (yeah, right)...just shows how worried they really are.

Serves the bent gits right.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
So far I've seen nothing shocking,nothing we didnt have a good idea was going on,nothing. I know for a fact that out of whats been released so far it certainly isnt worth doing time over,possible treason charges,possible death penalty for Manning.

If theres some real dirt in those 300k files Wiki better get to it because the minute hes declared a terrorist,anyone holding that insurance file will be chargable as well.

So far,epic fail,gossip,like a damp fire cracker,all hype no bang.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

You mean the New York Times will be charged as terrorists? Get real.

And how can you call it a damp firecracker when the fuse has just only been lit? When you had just only read the first paragraph of your favorite novel, would you be already be calling it your favorite? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I said "so far",you must have missed that part. If I were Assange I'd release something with some meat on it if I had it,so far nothing. If we had proof of something world changeing something we'd all go,
,then the public would get behind wiki more. Demand the US back down,support Manning,but releasing these little gossip files that we all suspected does nothing for me. I dare say they're idiots who hold no value on their own lives if this is all they got.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Perhaps the value in leaking the documents gradually is so that the information will be more widely published and disseminated this way. Leaking the whole lot at once would have caused a media scramble for a few days, then it would have disappeared. Also, it's more difficult to digest and take in that amount of info in one hit.

It's also keeping the Governments on the edge of their seats - roasting them slowly!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join