It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only .1% has been released. How can people pass judgment on WikiLeak's CableGate so quickly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Several months ago i had mentioned to three particular people who reside within this site regarding a time frame, that has been confirmed. So when someone refers to wl as a point of reference i fail to see how it has cemented itself in your or anyone's frame of thought as a viable and distinguishable reference point of true nature. Fast forwarding through time, lets stay tuned to the first quarter of 11 and lets see how well everyone is doing, until then, keep an open mind and do not believe everything you hear,read or view, you must research it and join the dots.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Was what you just posted supposed to make sense to me?

Or was it designed to be cryptic and chock full of no useful info? I'm confused.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
CableGate proves that Georgia invaded Ossetia, NOT RUSSIA

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What say you, now? Why would CIA want this info leaked?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

I was replying to your post regarding that wl is in some way fighting for freedom of information.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I agree with the OP's general premise. Whether or not truly damning material will appear in these leaks is still to be determined, but in the meantime, even without scandal calibre content, the cables do make very interesting reading.

I just read a page summing up the situation in Venezuela and I must say that it is refreshing to read an unvarnished assessment by US diplomats of the situation there, particularly of the developing relationship between Venezuela and Iran. The issue of unranium deposits in Venzuela, the expropriation of land currently mined for other things, but suspected to contain uranium deposits and speculation about the relationship of Venuzelan nuclear ambitions and those of Iran is fascinating. Just their overall assessment of the way the Venezuelans operate is interesting. It's nice to read this sort of thing without the hype that usually accompanies official "press releases".

As far as I'm concerned, even if we don't get the "down and dirty" on poison pen shipments into Cuba, the leaks are a very worthwhile source of information for forming judgements about the personality and overall aims of the superpower doing so much of the singing and dancing on the world's stage these days.

edit on 3-12-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

I think they are releasing it slow because they have learned that releasing it all at once is overwhelming and you can't take it back and release it again. It's out and over and easier to suppress and ignore. They are gonna keep this in the news for a long time. Release it slow so every person can feasibly read all the docs and have a start place without feeling overwhelming.

They are doing it right this time. It will be in the news everyday with every new release.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join