It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenan2

Did any of you all watch the entire video? Or did you stop as soon as you concluded it was balloons 30 seconds in?

If it is balloons what the hell is up with the section of video from 2:45 to 2:55? Clearly an object comes into screen and abruptly flies to the right stops then flies off to the upper right again. Explain this to me please if they are indeed balloons.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Hi, thanks for the video, it's good to let people know that such, pardon me, idiots exist who make a business out of creating fake UFOs...

I would like to ask you for an opinion on something, though... It doesn't make much sense to me that on that day along with all the various balloons that were released, there was someone who was intentionally trying to fake a UFO? I'm not saying it's impossible, all I'm saying that it's very improbable.. And what's your opinion on that part? Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking, I'm interested in the discussion

Cheers!

Well yes people who intentionally try to fake ufos are idiots.
Yes it is highly improbable in that sense but there are many people who have nothing better to do.
Like you said it is not impossible.
What seems more impossible for me to believe is that those were some kind of flying craft.
Its just what I see.
They were there for hours and no fighter jets appeared?
I thought that after 911 there would be more security in the US especially concerning flying things.
I take all of those factors into account.
The fact that it looks like balloons more than any other thing cannot be ignored.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
It looks like 3 balloons tied together the way they are moving around. Thats just me. Interesting though.

Well, here's a question...

If you say there three balloons tied up together, how is there more objects?

Look at 6:25 and on. Two more objects appear. But of course, it has to be balloons...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The opinions are divided. Check the three objects in discussion with more
closeup & slowmotion, what do you think?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by DisturbedToo

And you really have no doubt about it? They're just balloons in the wind?

I really try to see the balloons, but my good/common sense dont let me.

But thanks for posting.

I find myself in exactly the opposite position.

They look like balloons tied together. They look and act just like a set of balloons tied together that we saw released from a neighbour's garden last week. The problem with movement is that there is no actual method of measuring it. At the wide shot, which includes buildings, the distance means that even a movement of several meters could not be properly observed and so could appear stationary. At the close up, there is no background reference to measure movement or indicate camera movement.

Sorry. All I can see is balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Balloons. I'ms a believer and these are just too easy to spot. My family and I did an experiment a few months back with 3 balloons tied together and then 3 balloons in a garbage bag...both looked like a lot of sightings...and the ones in the video resemble the former. Sorry. 100% balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I see what you mean there, one of the trios just shoots in from the right out of nowhere. Even if they were balloons, there's no way the air currents could have pushed them at that speed and then have them stop abruptly out of mere coincidence. Especially in the formation they're in.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am a balloon expert and I can safely say that those are tethered balloons. The explanation as to why their behaviour changes is that at the start they are buffetting with eachother but later when their tether breaks each balloon can drift evenly on its own in the same air current, so to the observer they appear to be in unison.

In science its called the 'balloonation floation theory' and was discovered in the 16th century by French balloonist Hugo LeTemps.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If they are balloons tied together how the heck do they end up spreading so far apart while keeping a steady triangular formation? I don't know what they are but I have a hard time believing that they are merely balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm going to jump in without reading all the pages. I thought at first it was probable that these were indeed balloons tied together but at the 5 min mark they separate. So, for those of you calling balloons either:

A) didn't watch the whole thing
or
B) aren't using constructive reasoning

Classic ufo IMO. Flagged

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1oneIf it is balloons what the hell is up with the section of video from 2:45 to 2:55? Clearly an object comes into screen and abruptly flies to the right stops then flies off to the upper right again. Explain this to me please if they are indeed balloons.
You're seeing the camera move and zoom in on the trio of balloons, thus making the one in the upper right appear to move out of frame. It's tough to notice with such a uniform background.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
I am a balloon expert and I can safely say that those are tethered balloons. The explanation as to why their behaviour changes is that at the start they are buffetting with eachother but later when their tether breaks each balloon can drift evenly on its own in the same air current, so to the observer they appear to be in unison.

In science its called the 'balloonation floation theory' and was discovered in the 16th century by French balloonist Hugo LeTemps.

Why are you assuming their tether was broken? Or even that there is a tether? Because it fits into your views?
We can't see a tether so why must we assume there is one?

Even so, how much force do you think it would take to break a string between three balloons floating in the air?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jo Jo
If they are balloons tied together how the heck do they end up spreading so far apart while keeping a steady triangular formation? I don't know what they are but I have a hard time believing that they are merely balloons.

Basic geometry. Three balloons can form two shapes: a triangle or a line. The line only happens in one special case: when the balloons are, well, lined up. In all other situations, the three balloons will form a triangle shape.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Originally posted by SKinLaB
It looks like 3 balloons tied together the way they are moving around. Thats just me. Interesting though.

Well, here's a question...

If you say there three balloons tied up together, how is there more objects?

Look at 6:25 and on. Two more objects appear. But of course, it has to be balloons...

Once again i said "it looks" like balloons to me. I cannot provide concrete evidence that it is not the same way you cannot provide concrete evidence it is UFO's. Can i have my opinion? Like i said, until there is proof or evidence on both sides, it is nothing but opinions. I still say "it looks like" balloons to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

I don't know, if you look closely at the "objects" when they pass in close proximity to each other, there appears to be some sort of exchange (for a lack of a better word) between them. I don't know if it some compression artifact from youtube but watch closely. I can see a light color of white that seems to pull off the one object onto the other. Tether if you will, but not of the string kind.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The Balloon Fest that never ends and 60 flags too!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cb9d6fb9336.jpg[/atsimg]

There were also photo's that day that can be identified and we even know where the balloons were released from. If you enhance the color of that video you will see a slight yellow tinge. They only appear white because of the bright sunlight off the shiny balloon surface.

When will you guys give up already? I'm a UFO believer but I'm able to move beyond something like this where the whole thing is so well known. Search for one of the original threads and you will find photo's of the balloons being released.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

At the 26 second mark ballo.....ugh....object #1 goes behind objects #2 and 3. Giving off the illusion that object #1 blinked. When in fact, object #2 and 3 blocked the sun from hitting object #1. The sun reflecting off of the object is what gave it the glow. I stand by my original statement that this cluster is nothing more than balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ohhh Isan't that shape familiar

Anybody care to dig out said pictures?

Balloon's my ass

Balloons only go mental like that when they "ALL THREE OF THEM" are tied together AND SOMEONE IS HOLDING THE BLOODY ROPE on the ground... if you let them go they will move as one all being pushed equally by the wind, they move erratically when wind is rushing past them very fast, Now the only way you will be able to act like they was on the ground again "being held on a tether" would be to grab that tether which ties them together again and pull it rather fast throw the sky, and like i said its going to take some serious forces to rip them apart maybe hurricane force, and they look like there travelling pretty slowly to me

Balloons holding formations? its hard enough for fighters to hold formation even hot air ballloon, balloons don't hold formations under the influence of the winds that very massively up high,

5:20 onwards the two single orbs are moving IN & OUT towards each other and then away quickly aswel, would you like to explain how that's possible if said objects are balloons under the influences of the winds because that is impossible im afraid,

People need to start to get used to the idea we are not alone because the other 90% is waiting for you to catch up, its almost as painful as waiting for the Mrs 20 paces behind while out shopping looking at stuff you have already looked at... i suggest a little homework & less ignorance most importantly stop listening to other people telling you things and go look for your self if you fail to find the truth chances are you have learning difficulties or blindness, at the end of the day its only going to hurt you more when disclosure comes, and your going to look & feel very dumb & silly... all the best

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

i was thinking the same thing but if you look at around the 1:51 mark
it looks like the three "orbs" are mounted on a triangle backing of some sort
the second set of three "orbs" seem to be able to keep the formation they are
flying in
however i am still inclined to say they are ballons
edit on 1/12/10 by moonpie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Its balloons are you blind
3 balloons tied together watch 720p fullscreen thanks for clearing it up another NONE UFO

edit on 1-12-2010 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join