It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Sly1oneIf it is balloons what the hell is up with the section of video from 2:45 to 2:55? Clearly an object comes into screen and abruptly flies to the right stops then flies off to the upper right again. Explain this to me please if they are indeed balloons.
You're seeing the camera move and zoom in on the trio of balloons, thus making the one in the upper right appear to move out of frame. It's tough to notice with such a uniform background.

Lol absolutely not, no way. I watched this several times to make sure I didn't make those elementary mistake in observation before posting my opinion.

If you watch that particular part of the video again and again you will notice the camera STOPS zooming in on the center trio of balloons before the top right object zooms off to the upper right corner of the screen. Then the object stops again the camera focuses on the trio of balloons not zooming in on them, and the top right object again continues to move to the upper right of the screen.

The space between the object changes its not an illusion from zooming in on the center object. I made absolutely sure of that before I posted.

So again, can anyone else explain to me the portion of video from 2:45 to 2:55 where the object in the top right portion of the screen is displaying non-balloon type characteristics.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I usually don't comment on these because they can be explained away by the obvious and this one is no different. Those are obviously balloons and yes, I watched the whole thing. The question I have, is how on Earth anyone could possibly think they are any thing other than balloons? No matter how hard I try, I don't see anything other than several groups of balloons. These "UFO's" aren't doing anything other than what you would expect balloons to do. Why? Because they are balloons.

This is one of the most obvious cases of balloons out of all the apparent UFO balloon cases. In fact, it is videos like this, that make me question the whole ufology subject. If people are swearing this to be intelligently controlled space-craft, then you have to question the accuracy of all other apparent UFO sightings. It has become clear that people see whatever they want to see, even if it is clear that balloons are what they are seeing. Now I understand that this is an extreme case, though a microcosm it is.

This isn't a simple case of your eyes deceiving you. Rather, it's a case of your mind deceiving you, as our eyes can clearly see that they are balloons, thus it's your mind creating them into something they aren't.

--airspoon
edit on 1-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jo Jo
If they are balloons tied together how the heck do they end up spreading so far apart while keeping a steady triangular formation? I don't know what they are but I have a hard time believing that they are merely balloons.

3 POINTS WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A TRIANGLE DOH!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-12-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Jo Jo
If they are balloons tied together how the heck do they end up spreading so far apart while keeping a steady triangular formation? I don't know what they are but I have a hard time believing that they are merely balloons.

3 POINTS WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A TRIANGLE DOH!!!!

Hey how about 3 points in a strait line? Wakey Wakey

Are you completely missing his point on purpose?

answer his question

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
LOL (and i didnt even read the comments yet)
I already watched a TV show that debunked this as skydivers. I believe there was another incident at nighttime.

Epic UFO fail!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sorry people, these

balloons

were DEBUNKED long ago.

The OP's video is already discussed on other topics too... WHY repost this?? It's done... they are balloons. Many witnesses from NY already confirmed it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ZOMG LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A frigging balloon out pacing & out manoeuvring a concord @1000mph brilliant

Balloon ? sureeeeeeeeeeee

www.youtube.com...

Not all things that are shaped like balloon & look similar to balloons are in fact balloons i'm afraid, these are facts you need to get use to its about time some people started considering other possibilities, i know that its kinda hard when you have a closed mind & a stubborn personality but you must try

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
...also, on 10/13 there were MULTIPLE balloon sightings. Here is the other set of balloons that were spotted while everyone was looking in the sky.

I also noticed people talking about the lights at night on that day from EarthCam... THOSE WERE JETS:

October 13th was a BUST. A mass infection of stupidity.

link   
Hasn't this been debunked enough on here? They're balloons. Let's find the next video that contains balloons in the sky and call them aliens.

link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by Kenan2

Did any of you all watch the entire video? Or did you stop as soon as you concluded it was balloons 30 seconds in?

If it is balloons what the hell is up with the section of video from 2:45 to 2:55? Clearly an object comes into screen and abruptly flies to the right stops then flies off to the upper right again. Explain this to me please if they are indeed balloons.

Thanks

At the 11 second mark you can see that other object before the camera moves it out of view. I think that what you're seeing at the 2:50 mark is one of the other objects and possibly that same object from the 11 second mark.

This is why I think they're ballons that have been torn apart by wind and updraft.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm on Team Balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I was going to say, i really want to believe but.... baloons. However after watching all of the video i cant say im 100% about them being baloons but i think they probably are, moving lights in the sky just arent enough, unfortunatly im like the other poster i wanna see Alf waving to me from the window as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

EXCELLENT find sir~!!! S&F.. I'm researching something that hopefully MIGHT shed some light on what this is NOT.. something to think about pertaining to this very phenomenon which I've noticed over the last year or so.in which a question came to mind was ..

How can a 'balloon' reflect such great intensity at such a great distance.. like a star.. which is millions of light years away .. so far .. I've come to understand it's all about energy..

Lumens

I've added a couple of vids to help us get an idea what to compare these 'light objects' against..

First up..
Massive release 10,000+ Classic Chinese Lantern

2nd..
Multicolored balloons daylight release

edit on 1-12-2010 by Komodo because: added vids

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by Kenan2

Did any of you all watch the entire video? Or did you stop as soon as you concluded it was balloons 30 seconds in?

If it is balloons what the hell is up with the section of video from 2:45 to 2:55? Clearly an object comes into screen and abruptly flies to the right stops then flies off to the upper right again. Explain this to me please if they are indeed balloons.

Thanks

At the 11 second mark you can see that other object before the camera moves it out of view. I think that what you're seeing at the 2:50 mark is one of the other objects and possibly that same object from the 11 second mark.

This is why I think they're ballons that have been torn apart by wind and updraft.

Actually thanks I didn't notice the 11 second anomaly either. That is a very interesting illusion caused by both the abrupt panning of the camera up to the 3 objects and simultaneously zooming in at the same time. Its hard to catch but that instance is indeed an illusion caused by camera operator.

However I am still not convinced the anomaly from 2:45 to 2:55 is a balloon object.
1)The behavior of the object doesn't exhibit balloon behavior.
2) The camera is not producing an illusion of movement like :11 seconds into the video

I still lean towards balloons because the rest of the entirety of the footage displays balloon behavior and hell the even look like balloons honestly. However I am specifically questioning 2:45 to 2:55 into the video and that specific object exhibiting non balloon type behavior.

If that object is not a balloon I have to leave room for doubt that the rest are balloons at all.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
Sorry people, these

balloons

were DEBUNKED long ago.

[yvid]PnQ3nhYAHbg[yvid]

The OP's video is already discussed on other topics too... WHY repost this?? It's done... they are balloons. Many witnesses from NY already confirmed it.

...also, on 10/13 there were MULTIPLE balloon sightings. Here is the other set of balloons that were spotted while everyone was looking in the sky.

[yvid]DoXixkEGiNg[yvid]

I also noticed people talking about the lights at night on that day from EarthCam... THOSE WERE JETS:

[yvid]jKWy2_wRgck[yvid]

October 13th was a BUST. A mass infection of stupidity.

Hi gift0fpr0phecy, correct me if I am wrong here, but the balloons in both the video you posted here where released and did crossing the sky of New York on October 13, 2010, do you think that it is really possible that some of them where still crossing the sky of New York even on October 15, 2010 1:35 PM when if I am right the OPs video was shot?

edit on 1/12/10 by spacevisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

The OP's video wasn't shot on October 15th, it was shot on October 13th. The OP's article was only written on the 15th.

edit on 1-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
These looked like balloons tied together at first, but the more I watched it, the harder it became to identify them as such. In my case, they are unidentified. Did I just say they contain aliens? Far from it. Am I ruling out the possibility? No.
edit on 1-12-2010 by blackhatchet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that balloons could only be released on the 13th, and could not have also been released on the 15th?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The OP's video wasn't shot on October 15th, it was shot on October 13th. The OP's article was only written on the 15th.

edit on 1-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Is that correct, because on the site of cbsnews.com of which the OP posted the site-link I read the following.

Exclusive New York City "UFO" Footage
October 15, 2010 1:35 PM

Read more: www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join