It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronaut Theory: The New, Oldest, and Only TRUE Religion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I believe the reason why most marriages fail, men (and women) cheat, politicians have scandals, and prostitution continues to be the world's oldest profession is because no matter the amazing emotional and psycholigical attributes that humans have developed over time, we still remain part of the animal kingdom when it is all said and done.

We have all these different 'ritualistic dances' to convince ourselves that it is something more than mating, with gestures and pagentry that are really only meant to seduce the other. When the simple truth remains is that 1) males are designed (mentally and anatomically) to spread their seed (aka build the numbers), and 2) females are designed (mentally and anatomically) to bare and nurture (aka protect and develop) the young of the species.

We are nothing more than a highly evolved form of bacteria.
edit on 12/24/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Is this your opinion as a biologist ?
I'm think'in you may be suffering from a highly evolved form of bacteria.

edit on 24-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hi there I am currently reading a book by Phillip Coppens called The Ancient Alien Question and in it was a picture of Lord Pacals sarcophagus lid the one where he is "riding a rocket powered device" I have seen the picture many times before on the internet but what caught my interest was the lower left hand corner of the glyphs running around the edge of the lid to me one of them looks like a standard dress diving helmet or similar to the cave paintings of helmeted aliens in Australia/France and other sites here is a cropped and enlarged pic of them...

let me know what ya think

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sighler
Great thread

I agree with the OP on this one. I am also a subscriber of the Ancient Astronaut theory as well as evolution. Is it just me? I don't see why people tend to choose a side, either god or evolution, why not meet in the middle?

God is "all mighty, creator of the universe... made man in his own image". Is that what god is? My parents were raised Buddhist and ever since I was a child, I saw 'God' as a benevolent God, a universal energy that flows through everything. Fallen angels that fell from the skies and mated with human women? Those gods sound more like promiscuous beings that visited our planet, not gods.

Hate to repeat what the OP has said, but the Ancient Astronaut theory is an actual theory with real physical evidence that is scattered all over the globe. It is unlike any of the mainstream conspiracy theories that hide their sources due to 'anonymity'. We can literally do our own research on the web, or go to the library and pick up a book and read about ancient civilisations, linguistics, mythology, religion, etc. The clues are there, there's nothing top-secret or supernatural about it.

People should really give it a chance before laughing at the title 'Ancient Astronaut' or 'Ancient Alien' hahaha, but I can see how people cannot possibly take it seriously *cough* Giorgio's hair *cough*

Attempts at debunking the AAT are done by three groups of people:

1. The deeply religious

They are not ready to add logic, history, and science into their religious dogma because it makes their 'gods' and 'angels' tangible, physical beings that are not magical and are not in control. This makes them know that there is no 'god' in the sky that has there best interest at heart, granting 'prayers'. It leaves them responsible for their own fates.

2. Hardcore atheists

They are not ready to pick the bible back up, plain and simple. They don't want to acknowledge hidden history among ancient civilizations that spoke about 'the ones that came from heaven', even though there was no way for these civilizations to be on the same accord with stories about the gods. In fact, they detest acknowledging any affirmation of a 'god' period. To them, we simply evolved from primates, untouched and without interference overnight 'somehow' over a long, long time.

3. Arrogant scientists

They are not ready to acknowledge ANY entity that surpasses their intelligence level. They do not want admit that they just may NOT be the 'know-all supreme beings' of the universe; in fact, they really don't like the mention of the word 'extraterrestrial' all that much as it is. Any notion that another race of beings, whether 'gods' or aliens knocks them out of their fantasized position as the highest and most advanced beings.

NEITHER group is ready to face the truth, which is the fact that there were indeed gods who visited Earth, but they were just a more advanced race of beings, sent out on a mission.

Too much evidence supports that our DNA was genetically manipulated (96% primate & 4% "missing link")

WE did not have the mathematical ability nor the advanced machinery to build pyramids in the era that they were built.

We are not the only forms of life, or intelligent life in the universe.

The Ancient Alien Theory is the most logical, most evidential , and most accurate theory to explain mankind's overnight emergence on planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am not an atheist, nor am I deeply religious, nor am I a scientist, and this still makes no sense to me...

How is Heaven supposed to be Space if it's described as a paradise with all of the best things? As far as I know, Space is complete darkness with the light of the stars and the planets, not a paradise, just other worlds...

Religion says that there is body and spirit. How are aliens supposed to be angels, if aliens are body and angels are spirit? Does that make any sense at all?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am not an atheist, nor am I deeply religious, nor am I a scientist, and this still makes no sense to me...

How is Heaven supposed to be Space if it's described as a paradise with all of the best things? As far as I know, Space is complete darkness with the light of the stars and the planets, not a paradise, just other worlds...

Religion says that there is body and spirit. How are aliens supposed to be angels, if aliens are body and angels are spirit? Does that make any sense at all?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi there I am currently reading a book by Phillip Coppens called The Ancient Alien Question and in it was a picture of Lord Pacals sarcophagus lid the one where he is "riding a rocket powered device" I have seen the picture many times before on the internet but what caught my interest was the lower left hand corner of the glyphs running around the edge of the lid to me one of them looks like a standard dress diving helmet or similar to the cave paintings of helmeted aliens in Australia/France and other sites here is a cropped and enlarged pic of them...

let me know what ya think
sorry about the repost I forgot to include a pic of a standard dress diving helmet

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Wow your thoughts could be my own! Not often I see someones thinking mirror my own so closely.

I have had concerns that although the possible ancient astronauts seem to have been missed and every part of the earth humans were (are) waiting for their return, thus they must be pleasant..but then again they did ask for burnt offerings it seems and what of the writings about blood? The blood is ours pour it out as an offering...

I am thinking they left "watchers" and maybe some who are actively planning our future when the time is right for things to change, for information to be released..I wait hopefully!

Another thought I have, it has been a long long time since they left (if they left) will they have changed for the better also, grown and learned and have interest in helping us do the same...but what about the cattle mutilations, and I saw a human who had been subject to anus removal tongue and eye removal just like the animals...no blood anywhere. Could this be caused by an unknown other species that lives here or another alien type.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
i say, enough chat with this guy....he has no idea what he's talking about - conspiracy of scientists covering the truth, science is a lie etc. Anyone whose been mildly educated knows better.

Go back to school!

Really?! You wanna take that approach with me? You just f u cked with the wrong bull.

Let's break my education down, shall we?

Mathematician & Scientist by Education (and degree):
- Bachelors in Mathematics from the University of Texas @ Austin - ["Hookem" m/.]
- Graduate with Honors from The Science Academy of Austin @ L.B.J.** ["Sic'em!"]

Engineer, Project Manager, Technical Trainer, and Financial Analyst by Profession:
- Immediately, after graduation, jumped in the Manufacturing Technologist Program at a local Fortune 500 Company, where I've worked for over 15+ years, serving a variety of roles.

Cosmologist & Historian [& Card Player] by Passion:
- These are my favorite topics, that I wish I had gotten an earlier jump on. As with everything, the more you learn the more you realize you don't know. And, the more you want to know. But, there is so much to catch up on, and, I had a later jump on these.
(And these can be extremely thought-provoking, absolutely fascinating/revealing, profitable (not, necessarily applying to each, respectively, but to all, equally))

Yet, I'm the one who's 'out there', right?

Let's hear your background, tough guy!

(I'm sure I'll receive some reply about how structured education is overrated and does not imply intelligence - save it. Varying IQ tests (official) have me between 154 & 160 - care to share yours?)

edit to add: know what you're thinkin' - Nerd, right? Sorry, I'm a multisport athlete that does alright with the ladies. [Suck it, nerds and jocks, I'm both of you!] Musician: percussionist/drummer, pianist (self taught), World Traveler, and have had a job ever since I was 15 (from roller skating sandwich board ad-wearer, to dishwasher, to bus boy, to video store worker, to pizza maker, to maintenance kid, to electrician, to graphics technician, to everything else, above (this all pre-graduate, naturally)) - pretty "well-rounded" I think they call it

**College level courses taught on HS campus: Math [thru Eng. and Bus. Calculus, plus Diff Eq + Algebreic Structures], Computer Sciences, Physics, Chemistry [organic and inorganic], Biology, Astronomy, plus the advanced sciences, or 'electives' [inc. Circuitry - building circuit boards (all components of), this is back in '87-'88]
edit on 7/3/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A few last random musings on this subject...

I've always maintained, you have to acknowledge at least ONE of the following:

Either…

1) That we have been visited by an advanced civilization in our past,

OR

2) Another advanced civilization has existed in our planet's history. Our 'ancestors' - as civilizations rise and fall on this planet (either thru self-annihilation or other Extinction Level Event) - or other iteration of human, if you prefer, that existed in our mysterious and unknown past - became more advanced in certain areas of the sciences.

[And, 3) Religions of the world are merely different cultures trying to make sense of the activities they have witnessed by an afore-mentioned advanced civilization, thereby describing the amazing things that they have seen in terms they understand based on their limited understanding of science and technology]

There's 2 cool things about this:

1) It doesn't necessarily negate the theory of evolution, in any way (if that's your thing) - that portion could've still happened exactly as put forth by Darwinian advocates.

AND

2) Any one of the [suggested] previous, more advanced flavor of human might have had the capability of developing flight apparatusses (it would only have to be slightly more advanced than our own current technology - think how far we've come so quickly (more below))

Either way... something in our past certainly knew how to fly/hover/exist in the air at some point - maybe there never were any 'aliens' - it was just an 'older us' all along... but... should that lost/forgotten version of us happened to have existed, and continued to develop (elsewhere) and then come back to visit our 'newer' self at a different time... wouldn't that seem just as 'alien'?!

Think of the following 3 completely different and unrelated points to ponder:

PtP A: the possibility of imminent annihilation – and, therefor DE-volution and re-evolution of our species – thru either a) mutual self-destruction through technology, or b) Extinction Level Event, from any number of causes (pandemic, asteroid/meteor, ice age, CME, etc), AND c) the likelihood that either a) or b) has occurred, perhaps many times, in our planet’s past.

PtP B: Suppose, you are on one of the world's most expensive yachts, with the most technologically advanced gadgets, machinery and tools, and with a crew and passenger list of extremely intelligent and capable individuals. But, for whatever reason become stranded on a desert island thru some malfunction that cannot be fixed with materials and knowledge aboard (sound unrealistic? Have we already forgotten the Carnival Triumph?) - AND, go unrescued for any number of reasons, but for argument’s sake, let’s say that PtP A [above]occurs simultaneously with your unfortunate boating incident, but, you remain a safe distance from any immediate danger – bottom line: there is no rescue coming, no outside help, and you are stuck on an island with a lot of fancy gadgets and smart people. How many generations does it take before machinery stops working, knowledge is lost, and all the fantastic – but, now dilapidated - machinery, gadgets and capabilities are simply legend and folklore? (not long)

PtP C: No matter which side of the religious coin you are on (and, Christian/Catholic, in particular) we have only had manned, airborn flight at the very MOST of 2% of our civilization's existence (probably more like 1/10th of 1%!!!). And in that short time, we have gone from flying the first manned object 120 feet, to improving that feat to halfway around the world, to putting man on the surface a celestial object that is 420,000 miles away, to putting intelligently controlled objects on the surface of another celestial object that has never, in recorded history, been closer 143x that distance (or 24.5M miles) [how much further advanced would a civilization now be (in front of us) that was capable of ANY type of flight in our ancient past?! – and, what else would/could they be capable of? Surely, we cannot even comprehend: ftl travel? Manipulate space-stime? Exist in a different medium/dimension?]

Now... combine all of the scenarios together.... Ancient Astronaut Theory.

Call them what you want, 'aliens' or 'advanced ancestors'... SOMEthing of a higher evolution than our current, human, 'age of aquariaus', 4.54 × 109 years ± 1% years old at this exact time, civilization-selves has existed on this planet... at some point in our ancient past.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yep another false religion for sure that has nothing on the Creator of the universe.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe an 'ultimate creator' does exist.

Fine, I'll grant you that.

That being said... the current form of human on this planet is not the first (won't be the last), and certainly wasn't 'created' as purported by the 'God' of the KJ Bible.

Period.
edit on 2/21/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

As a biologist (M.Sci in the midst of a PhD) I have to say that this is incorrect. For one, we're closer to archaea than bacteria, but that's not the whole story either since we're in fact chimera of bacteria and archaea. Also, we're no more evolved than any other living thing on this planet. I don't even know what more evolved would mean in this context.
edit on 21-2-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by randyvs

As a biologist (M.Sci in the midst of a PhD) I have to say that this is incorrect. For one, we're closer to archaea than bacteria, but that's not the whole story either since we're in fact chimera of bacteria and archaea. Also, we're no more evolved than any other living thing on this planet. I don't even know what more evolved would mean in this context.
edit on 21-2-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Really? Wouldn't even know... in this context? Comparing bacteria to humans?

You're a bright guy. Figure out the correlation / analogy / metaphor. (and, try not to be so literal)

Clearly in the correct classification of Kingdom-Phylum-Class... I do not think that Humans are actual bacteria - use your head. In terms of how we operate: our propensity to propogate, procreate, take over, consume, etc... we are just more sophisticated organisms that know how to do a bunch of other cool stuff in between - Joe Rogan - not by any means a Rhodes Scholar - explains it better...

Make more sense?
edit on 2/21/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I've always maintained, you have to acknowledge at least ONE of the following:

Either…

1) That we have been visited by an advanced civilization in our past,

OR

2) Another advanced civilization has existed in our planet's history. Our 'ancestors' - as civilizations rise and fall on this planet (either thru self-annihilation or other Extinction Level Event) - or other iteration of human, if you prefer, that existed in our mysterious and unknown past - became more advanced in certain areas of the sciences.

But where is the "evidence" that they were advanced? If anything, the cultural remains point to the worship of men and women as sky gods, not to extraterrestrials worshipped as gods. In which case, considering the widespread and growing belief in "latent human psychic powers" and the insidiuous spread of "going within" meditation techniques today to discover said "godlike powers" and equally the growing belief in visualisation, are we not confronted with evidence today of what happened in our past? The Hebrew word used for 'imagination' - YETSER - describes more than just a mental picture. It means to fashion or form, and is used of God's creation of man (Genesis 2:7) and of the earth (Psalm 95:5). When God condemned the imagination of pre-flood mankind, and of the builders of Babel, His condemnation was not solely of their minds, but possibly their creative visualisation. If you haven't noticed the incessant preaching of "oneness" going on in the world, this spirit whereby millions are being mind controlled to form the last Babel, and if you are not aware of what they preach, you will not connect the dots. We are all living in the days when men and women the world over are receiving this spirit which tells them they are the "cosmos", the "universe" and a creator. Please, think long and hard about this, because it trumps what evidence that you think supports ancient alien theory. The same spirit willingly being welcomed by the deluded is the very same spirit which has infested mankind repeatedly, and was responsible for those depictions of men and women as sky gods. They too believed that they were the cosmos, the universe, a creator and creative. Just like today - look at the new age and occult artwork - and you'll see men and women portrayed as heavenly beings, sky chariots, moons, stars...worship of man as god.

What we are experiencing today is merely a repeat of yesteryear, as prophecied. It's why the world is rejecting Our Creator and His Saviour in favour of every form of religion, including AAT, that exalts man as anything but the created creation of the Creator. .

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

The AAT is the false "true" religion of Satan, designed to explain God's truth without the presence of the Eternal.

"you will be as gods"....if you disobey God's commands and determine good and evil for yourselves - first lie ever told to mankind

God Bless,

edit on 21-2-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
We are an exploritory species, by nature.

Eventually... we will come across some other type of intelligence, that we are superior to (we have seen microcosims of this already here on earth ('Cargo Cults') - when that happens, if that culture is technologically primative, we will be Ancient Astronauts to them.

edit on 3/1/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

The beings that they worshipped 'looked' like men and women...because we look like them. They just were not human (earthlings).

Sky gods because all gods/goddesses in any mythology story state that they came 'from the sky'. An extraterrestrial being visiting another planet would also be described as coming from the sky.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some rather flimsy claims being posted here.

Has AAT gained mainstream acceptance? No. At best some people have heard of it and others are making money off of it.

Is it the foundation of all other religions? No. Probably not the foundation of any religion.

Does AAT produce new evidence? No. It produces lots of speculation.

Does AAT produce scientific explanations?
That mademe laugh pretty hard. Good thing I had put down my coffee and saved the keyboard and monitor a bath.

Does AAT depend on myths are history? Yes in an odd way. Instead of prosaic explanations the answer is always aliens.

Are myths history? No. No global floods. No resin floods. Animals talking to humans? No.

Are we now going to claim that a nonexistent global flood was made by existing aliens which managed to do it without leaving a trace of the event?

Are we now going to claim that aliens had us talking to animals?

The idea that evolution covers everything but humans is a fail. There are many fossils of hominids and each year more information makes it clear that evolution covers us as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

This thread (and, idea in general) has evolved quite a bit since that first post... over two years ago, which appears to be the only one you are addressing, here.

For starters, AAT doesn't necessarily mean 'Aliens did it' (at least in my opinion... anymore) - rather, acknowledging evidence that a superior intelligence (even one that is merely ancestral) has existed in the past on this planet and has left its mark - and, subsequently become the basis for many religious txts.

Thanks for the baby bump and ttt, tho.

edit on 3/15/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join