It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronaut Theory: The New, Oldest, and Only TRUE Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"New" - In the sense that it has gained mainstream acceptance (or, exposure), only recently.

"Oldest" - when you consider the basic principle, it is the logical conclusion that AAT is the foundation for all other religions.

"Only" - Now, AS the basis for all other religions AND as the only theory that continually produces new evidence to support its claims while at the same time providing scientific explanations for many of the fantastical claims of events and entities of religious txts, it can be the only belief system (with any backing).

"Mythology is the study of whatever religious or heroic legends are so foreign to a student’s experience that he cannot believe them to be true; hence the English adjective ‘mythical’ meaning ‘incredible’; hence the omission from standard European mythologies of all Biblical narrative even when closely paralleled by myths from Persia, Babylonia, Egypt and Greece."

- Robert Graves (1968)

Like most open-minded historians/archaeologists/UFOlogists, I believe that ALL of the supernatural events and entities depicted in ancient txts are merely misinterpretations of actual, physical events / entities that were explained away as 'acts of God'/'God' simply because people were unable to describe in terminology (and technology) of the day, what they were seeing.

"But, SquirrelNuts, if the aliens created us, then who created the aliens?"
[Boy, never heard that one before]

Ultimately, I believe in ‘Evolution’ pretty much the way Darwin laid it out - but incorrectly/prematurely for humanity, on this planet - being the reason for intelligent/all life across the Universe. There is no evidence for MACRO-Evolution on this planet in relation to the creation of man: Our fossil records simply do not support this theory. Nevermind trying to explain away the Cambrian Explosion.

No. As far as life on planet Earth is concerned...

- Our Megalithic (and many other) structures all over the world indicate it

- Our oldest and most sacred religions record and preach it

- 'Legends’ and ancient scripts are passed down verbally and transcribed about it

and

- Current observations and recent onslaught of high level ‘confessions’ all but prove it...

An advanced civilization has visited the Earth in our ancient past, is still possibly in our presence, and - more to the point - responsible for our existence on this planet to begin with!

But that doesn't mean, there aren't still some questions that need answering. Specifically:

- Where did they go? And Why?
- DID they go, at all?
- If they DIDN'T Go, then why are they not out in the open (or ARE they?)
- Obviously, many expect 'them' to return (or, make themselves known again... Globally, and undeniably), but when? And, what will be the trigger?

And to drive the final nail in the coffin of my own thread ("Stop using the Ant/Alien Anology"), it makes PERFECT SENSE why they would not destroy us if they came upon us...

WE ARE ALIENS! ALIENS. ARE. US.
(They have a vested interested in us, we are their lineage, or at the very least, their slave race)

Our accelerated knowledge of ourseleves and our place in this universe [elaboration, here] is forcing us to reclassify much of ancient ‘mythology’ as historical record.

edit on 11/30/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: Format fixes

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
[What you see above is a collection of thoughts that I started on Notepad, over 5 weeks ago, in its original form; bullet points w/a few notes. From there, I started elaborating on points, citing articles and other discussions on ATS, as well as supporting video evidence when possible. What ended up happening was the article blew up to over 300 lines of just txt, and got SO drawn out and convoluted, that I would probably lose even the most interested of parties. SO... back to the basics - I would rather incite discussion, than 'lay it all out' and have nothing to talk about]

Now, I think this thread is where I want it to be: either 1) elaborating on (or, explaining) the points/posits at the top, or 2) trying to answer the questions at the bottom.

Thoughts?

edit on 11/30/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: can't spell for sh!t

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

You know it's possible, at some point in the ancient past we may have been, all life may have seeded by entities from other planets.

These may have been ancient astronauts, these may have been the planets themselves, having developed their own life forms into a collective concious using that power to manifest others and seed other planets with those life forms.

I suspect and theorize that the ancient gods were actually survivors of a highly advanced pre-flood world, with exceptionally long lives from medical technology and godlike powers from advanced electronic technology that they no longer had a way to replicate in a post flood world. That eventually in time they died out, but not before ordering human life to some degree on the planet.

It's so hard to tell honestly moving that far back in time, with almost nothing to substantiate or shed light on these things today.

It's an interesting post though and theory, well worth a star and flag.

It will be interesting to see what others think.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Though I used to believe "ancient alien" theories were likely, a closer look at your claims (megaliths indicate it, legends allegedly record it) fall short of convincing evidence. "Ancient alien" theory relies heavily on shoehorning evidence to match the hypothesis rather than developing a hypothesis based on the evidence.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

'Fall short of convincing evidence'...?! Lol
- I settled on this 'theory' because it is the ONLY one that continues to uncover (convincing) evidence supporting its claims.

I've been an evolutionist my whole life, until I started studying it more. Life on this planet shows abrupt transformations overnight, not slow transitions over time.

I certainly believe that *some* is 'shoehorned'. But, much is not. I would like to discuss some of your exceptions, if you feel like sharing (which megalithic structures and or scriptures would you like to discuss?)

More to the point, I guess, what is *your* belief, and could the same things not be said about that?! (I'll guess yes).

P.s. Percussionist, as well

edit on 11/30/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
S+F

I interpret the Ancient Alien Theory the exact same way you do according to the basis you laid out in the OP. While I do believe in evolution as it can clearly be seen throughout history of even thought, art, and math. I do believe it is still possible for there to be some sort of supernatural presence.

As most of us believe there are ghosts/spirits that many have seen, heard, and have felt. Most of these spirits are those of lost loved ones. I personally believe in spirits which means there either must be something supernatural or spirits somehow have been engineered.

Either way with all the theories proposed we are still left with more questions than answers. AAT is definitely my ‘religion’ in the sense of the word.

My favorite part of the AAT was elaborated upon in one of the Ancient Aliens, History Channel episodes.

edit on 11/30/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Interesting but all this does is replace one unverifiable origin for another. So does this mean that aliens were prolific throughout the ancient world? They would have to have been to explain the spirit from the sky tales from a single source instead of part of the human conditions need to give rhyme and reason to the forces of nature and the wonder of the night sky (or divine origin). And if so why aren't there more consistencies within descriptions as well as much greater physical evidence? My thoughts being if they were here, and presumably everywhere considering the wide spread nature of spirituality and religion throughout the world, then why are there no steel buildings or ray guns and so on. Why help build or teach ancients to build large stone structures that can be built with simple machines and not say grav lifts, trains, planes, ect.

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade, I just would need to see something highly substantial before I could seriously consider this, but I do like this concept a lot better than the major monotheistic concepts.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The AAT seems pretty good so far, especially after watching Ancient Aliens, a lot makes sense, and seems to fill in some holes especially regarding Megolythic Structures around the world and their possible uses, but it's not a religion... religions are a load of balls, they're one of the tools that keep us separated as a species, and should never have grown beyond the genuine moral values they apparently still stand for
Well... very vaguely anyway ha! There's a lot more to it as you all know, but even though foundational religious views stand for good moral values (community, caring, sharing etc), it's all preached with other people telling you what to do/believe with the supposed authority of 'God' and ultimately requires worship!?? lol, like a force of true creation would require worship
That's always baffled me, and I always ask the common close viewed religious people "Why do you worship the hierarchical perceptional view of 'God' as a master who seemingly DEMANDS worship for your soul to be judged? What makes any of us humans better or more 'worthy' than another?" (Mostly in a simpler way, but more along those lines to real confident religious people who think they know everything about 'creation' through their church teachings), and as always, when they can't answer these questions, instead of intelligently questioning back and debating they just verbally (sometimes physically) attack, or say that I'm going to hell etc.. to which I usually just say "Listen, I'm not preaching, just think about the questions I've asked, because if you yourself can't make sense of something that you believe in, then there's definitely a compatibility issue with your logic and reasoning, we are all equal, we come into the world the same and no-one view is any greater than anyone else's"

Religion is man made.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

Interesting but all this does is replace one unverifiable origin for another.

Not quite. Actually, it is the only one that is somewhat verifiable, with more evidence surfacing all the time validating its claims, asserting its credibility, while at the same time nullifying (or, at least explaning) the others.

edit on 11/30/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VirtualParadise

Religion is man made.

:
:

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.

-Voltaire

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I've been an evolutionist my whole life, until I started studying it more. Life on this planet shows abrupt transformations overnight, not slow transitions over time.

And the modern evolution synthesis is acknowledges and is able to explain these abrupt changes. You claim to have been an "evolutionist" yet seem to be completely oblivious to Stephen Jay Gould's and Niles Eldredge's theory of punctuated equilibrium, which has much more empirical evidence supporting it than saying, "Aliens did it."

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

That's a pretty broad assumption, there - 'completely oblivious'. I am familiar with SJG's (and Dr. Eldredge's) work. But, to say it "has much more empirical evidence supporting it" is laughable. (emphasis mine)

You act as if I'm saying there is no god, there is no evolution, therefor my fallback position is "Aliens did it" - don't be so obtuse. There's much more evidence supporting the claim that ancient advanced civilization(s) visited us in their past, than anything else.

Bottom Line: Even IF SJG is correct (and, I think much of what he says, IS), that has absolutely NO bearing on my original post, and the mountain of evidence corroberating AAT. You dig? (both ideas are not mutually exclusive) - but, as far as Origins, I think he's off.

(Nevermind, the fact that this was an aside comment to the OP, and it only deals with genetic development of species, and not any of the other myriad of topics that point to AAT)

edit on 11/30/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I totally believe in AAT.

I do think of one thing that blows my mind...

What if lets say, the aliens, had a soul, or something like that. Which enabled them, once they died, to live on, like a heaven or hell, a collective body, able to reincarnate, anything, an afterlife.

What if because we were made by aliens, having our DNA altered, disabled our ability for an afterlife?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

'Fall short of convincing evidence'...?! Lol
- I settled on this 'theory' because it is the ONLY one that continues to uncover (convincing) evidence supporting its claims.

What convincing evidence?
There are aliens? Where?
There are alien artifacts? Where?
These aliens came here to stack up rocks? Splice their genes with apes perhaps? Okay, prove it.

Also, what exactly is the issue with evolution? That there is widespread evidence of relatively quick transformations? And this makes humans unique how? This confirms alien interference and presence how?

I'm all about the evidence. If you have it, let's see some please.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It sure is amazing how much we have forgotten about our past. Do we really know where we came from, as "humans"? No one can answer it for sure, everything's been forgotten, but the ancient alien theory really seems to be the only theory directly connecting some very important dots.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You don't want them to come back, it will not be a positive thing, that kind of thinking is perpetrated by hippies and gullibles, what really will happen no one is going to like....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oh and to answer you're dilemma:
Youl never know of the artifacts unless you work in the system that will allow it

Evolution is an interesting idea but unprovable in humans, the DNA testing on chimps and apes correlating the data to our genome proving that we are related was last done in the 80s, since we completely decoded our DNA in the 90s things have changed. I am a PHD in anthropology and genetics, I have not only seen the data but I worked for the DOD program in 04 that was taking a look back at the GS, homo sapien sapianus (thats us) is about 63% genetically related to chimps based on the new GS info in 04, february 09 my department was the one that synthed the neanderthal man's DNA, his was only 65% related.... oh on a side note a common house dog like a german shepherd has about 86% genetic allele matching to humans.

Oh yeah one last bit of information, Mitochondria, the life source for everything on the planet, well our Mitochondria has only 2% allele matching MAX comparing ours to every other animal on the planet, also every other animal on the planet shares about a 99.56 allele matching the Mito with everything but us.

Sorry no links, I live this stuff, never found it online.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Aziroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I settled on this 'theory' because it is the ONLY one that continues to uncover (convincing) evidence supporting its claims.

That's because ancient astronaut theory co-opts things that are not evidence of ancient astronauts AS evidence of ancient astronauts. They take artwork, monuments, myth, megaliths and all sorts of archeological evidence out of context in order to support a preconceived conclusion. That's not how science works. You look at the evidence AND THEN come to a conclusion.

Take the Baghdad Battery as an example. An ancient astronaut theorist looks at this and goes "aliens must have given them some insight into chemistry or left this technology behind" while anyone who isn't prepared to leap to absurd conclusions thinks "hey look the ancients were pretty smart for their time."

All of the things touted as evidence of aliens are merely evidence that the human race is resourceful creative and imaginative and has always been - particularly after the advent of written language. The Pyramids, Macchu Picchu, the Nazca lines - all of them point toward human origins and show no evidence that aliens were involved at all. If any of these things were actually scientific evidence for aliens than it would be a matter of public record, science would have born out just that but no scientific research has ever suggested such a thing.

Also, myths about gods cannot be construed as evidence of aliens, no more than stories about little red riding hood and Gandalf the Gray count as evidence. Interpreting them that way robs of them of their historical and cultural context and further insults the ancients by claiming they couldn't have possibly come up with these stories on their own. I think it far more likely that Ezekiel imagined his wheel within a wheel in the same way the Greeks imagined Zeus throwing lightning bolts in the same way George Lucas imagined Yoda lifting the X-Wing.

I'm really quite tired of seeing people insult the abilities of ancient people, I think they could handle building a Pyramid or carving some lines in the desert.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
STAR AND FLAG

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never doubted the Ancient Alien Theory, once I totally understood it and never will...

When one looks at the bible, it shouldn't be refuted; too many nations world-wide speak of these events and beings 'from the heavens.' I did a thread last year called :Heaven is Space, Angels are Aliens. When you examine where heaven really is, it is space. Beings from space are aliens.

The word God is just an ancient term to represent a ruler, just like Sergeant or president. There were many, and not only does 'mythology' speak of them, but the bible does too.

I also believe that life seeds other life throughout the universe.

Mankind is 97% primate and 3% "missing link". Our missing link were the gods (aliens who looked like us).

Mankind did not come about from evolution alone; we were quantum leaped.

edit on 30-11-2010 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Cool thread, my kind of thing. I agree for the most part. I think we as a species were genetically engineered using a combination of alien and primate DNA. The question that keeps bouncing around my noggin is why? Here are a couple of ideas I have:
1) we are a science experiment - they created us and now observe to see what happens, how we develop etc.
2) we are being made to fulfil a purpose. I don't think its slavery though, earlier humans (especially neanderthal) were stronger than us - if the aliens wanted work horses that would be the time to get them. Maybe they want us to evolve spiritually to see if they can create a god. Maybe they have bets running as to how soon before we destroy ourselves and the planet.
3) we are them, but they have not come from another planet, but from the future and have discovered time travel (yeah, thats a bit weak I admit)
Thoughts anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join