It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: WikiLeaks release highly dubious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The officials, who asked not to be identified

www.guardian.co.uk...

Doesn't look like they came out in open.

and

It looks like they want rift between N-Korea and China

If there was any trouble between N-Korea and China, China would have already condemned the North for attacking the south, instead of calling the South's actions provocative.

Reality speaks differently.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Then why haven't they denied it?

I'll give you a possible clue. I bet they are letting it run in the western press first to see which way global opinion rides. Then if it is favorable they will chime in if it is not then they'll officially deny it.

edit on 30-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As if we didn't live in a closed society in the US, with every foriegn policy a secret, now they are releasing this info to have an excuse to keep EVERYTHING from the general public. You will not be able to access ANY info you as a taxpayer helped to compile. Recently a news organization in my town asked for the internal affair documentation of an abusive police officer involved in many cases of police bruatlity. The city responded that it would cost the news station $4000 dollars to get it. Soon they will be able to just say "No you can't have it". It seems my own government has become my enemy. The whole thing will be a shadow government, not just the military industrial complex.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You can’t expect Iran to be jumping for joy following leaks like this:

Iranian officials withheld from international atomic energy inspectors the original design documents for a secret nuclear reactor suspected of being part of Tehran's plan to build an atomic bomb, a US embassy cable reveals.

The secretariat of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was denied the blueprints when in October 2009 its inspection team visited the part-built facility in a mountainside at Fordow near Qom. It was instead provided with designs that showed only what was already built.

Providing a picture of Iranian obstruction to the visit, Herman Nackaerts, the IAEA's deputy director general who led the inspection, revealed that Iranian officials were "steered by unseen observers who send notes to the Iranian interlocutors during meetings" and insisted on tape recording the meetings but refused to allow the IAEA to do the same.

According to the secret cable back to Washington the inspectors were "not impressed" by the Iranians' continued refusal to elaborate on their denials of evidence pointing to the nuclear programme's military intent.

The IAEA believed there was "a high-level decision not to co-operate" with the inspection, Nackaerts said, and Iran's denials had left the agency at "an absolute stalemate" with Tehran over the military application of its nuclear programme.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Of course Iran is going to say that the leaks are some US conspiracy, that being their response to pretty much everything, especially if it uncovers deception on their part. Have they said that everything within the cables is fabricated or just that they were purposefully leaked?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The nutjob Ahmed with his bunch of rubber stamping supposed 'govt' , along his master, will certainly downplay the leak documents, for it will only hinder the presumed 'muslim' unity he seek to help his master dominate the world.

Now that the world's muslim realized how angry and troubled Iran's muslim neighbours are over its aquisition of nukes are, the presumed ' unity' of muslims is over. Moderate and far away muslim will have to wake up and share those closest to Iran concerns and fears as well, or they are only not muslims practicing the same faith.

Iran is isolated. No wonder the loudmouth braggart is braying and crying loudly now.

Thanks to Julian. He may had single handedly made more muslims wake up than anyone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Would you have still been so skeptic had these leaks been anti Israeli instead of anti Irani?

If any anti Israeli leaks suddenly surface, would you still feel the leaks are unreliable?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by oozyism

Would you have still been so skeptic had these leaks been anti Israeli instead of anti Irani?

Of course not, as is the case with all the other usual suspects.

What I find most amusing is that some people are actually surprised that there would be animosity among neigboring muslim nations. Are you freaking kidding me? Research the history of conflict in the region in the last century, specifically between Iraq and Iran. The only time there has been any sense of unity whatsoever among the Islamic nations of the middle east is when Israel is used as a scapegoat.

If the US and Israel decide to destroy Iran's nuclear facility, most Arab nations in the region will be quietly rejoicing...
edit on 30-11-2010 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

No, I'm not trying to "put him on the spot" or anything, I really would like to know if any anti Israeli leak that might come would still be considered false in his eyes.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Something weird I found about the cable leaks, is all of them re-assured the Iranian nuclear threat. It is as if the cables that were leaked, were intentionally and specifically chosen. Just a day after the leak dropped, I had my doubts.

I cannot see how 'every Arab country' wants a non-nuclear Iran OVER a nuclear Israel.

Something smells real fishy with wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

my guess is that Saudi Arabia sees Iran as more of a threat,as do the other nations. Israel will sit still in their little strip of sand while Iran's posturing and combative approach is likely to create military action and a nuclear Iran could very well result in the region being obliterated.

Israel has yet to threaten to wipe anyone off the map and, even when they have done precision strikes, that's all they did . move in, destroy a target, move out. Iran is more likely to seek mass destruction.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I suspect that there's truth's mixed in with lies, half truths and exaggerations, circles within circles.
That there is an agenda being played out here I have no doubt; but who is manipulating who and to what end is not very clear.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There has been a ton of military air traffic in east Tennessee the past few nights and someone is definitely going to get bombed in the near future. There has been a lot of refueling planes, so I guess our military will be refueling a lot of Israeli planes during their flights.

While I don't disagree that the Saudi leadership would like to see Iran bombed, I think these Wikileaks are to deflect as much blood off the hands of Israel, the ringleader of the bombing of Iran, as possible.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

Then why haven't they denied it?

I'll give you a possible clue. I bet they are letting it run in the western press first to see which way global opinion rides. Then if it is favorable they will chime in if it is not then they'll officially deny it.

edit on 30-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)
Because they don't have to.

If they deny it, they would do it under cover with N-Korea, not with the rest of the world, giving Wikileaks more attention.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by oozyism

If any anti Israeli leaks suddenly surface, would you still feel the leaks are unreliable?

Yes.

Israel has nothing to do with this.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by BiGGz

my guess is that Saudi Arabia sees Iran as more of a threat,as do the other nations. Israel will sit still in their little strip of sand while Iran's posturing and combative approach is likely to create military action and a nuclear Iran could very well result in the region being obliterated.

Israel has yet to threaten to wipe anyone off the map and, even when they have done precision strikes, that's all they did . move in, destroy a target, move out. Iran is more likely to seek mass destruction.

Israel has threatened to wipe Iran off the map many times, and Iran has never threatened to wipe Israel off the map.

Iran predicts that Israel will vanish in to thin air, just like coming to existence out of thin air.

It sees the Zionist regime as an illegitimate government which won't survive with its policies. I don't think there are many people with wisdom out there who would disagree to that.

Just because I predict the US will collapse by 2015 doesn't mean I want to wipe US off the map

Simple logic really.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Yes.

Israel has nothing to do with this.

No
Israel has everything with everyone in this world

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Yes, but even if Israel was in these leaks, I would still question its credibility, because where do these leaks come from?

It is not from Wikileaks, those who think Wikileaks is the source is making a huge mistake.

Wikileaks is the medium, the supposed leaks come from American government employees and Western Intelligence agencies.

The above being said, how do we know if the leaks are not intentional and a dis-info propaganda?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think it's dis-info myself. I think this particular cable will help the US get more sanctions against Iran in the UN. The US has always said it could not live with a nuclear Iran. This just helps them make the case.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Wait wait, are you telling me that the documents are embarrassing Saudi Arabia which the U.S. was protecting during 9/11 when many of its citizens were leaving the country to avoid being lynched or suspicious while other flights are canceled? Holy Cow! No doubt these leaks are fake because the U.S. govt. would never mention something like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The timing of the leaks was impeccable to cover the shake up at Holders DOJ. Barely showed up in the MSM.

Another thing, the Newsflavor 'Insider series' predicted a big shake up in or close to this time, if I recall. If this is part of that scandal....how did 'insider' predict the date. Just a thought.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join