It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam threatens global war if attacked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would think Saddam has the capability to hit Isreal with chemical weapons.He could also hit other neighboring countries.I hope I'am wrong,but I think this time he will use them.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If Saddam's really going global, it could also be a chance. Perhaps he'll rid us of some war supporters.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Perhaps he'll rid us of some war supporters

What an unjustified comment!

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius
If Saddam's really going global, it could also be a chance. Perhaps he'll rid us of some war supporters.

That's just a stupid thing to say! Just like your post in "second resolution" where you call Americans losers. There's no room for these kind of posts here.

dom

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just to add my voice to this, Karl Molarius, you need to learn to keep things civil. Any point you're trying to make is totally lost by the rude way in which you present it.

I'm glad you're on the same side of the argument as me, but please present your views in a more acceptable format.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ok, ill keep things civil.

But please nobody says Saddam isnt disarming anymore also, because its simply not true.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

I wish Turkey would give in, that would give us a much stronger threat from the north.

Don't wish that ! Turkey is now an islamic country. This country should be banned from NATO and never allowed to join the EU ! Turkey is becomming a new Iran. Almost all the turkish are hating the USA and the western world.

I don't understand why the USA are standing with them. For me, that's unbelievable.

Again UP I am at a lack of understanding for your Turkish hatred. They said they did not want us there. So what? They ARE a democracy right? This is one of the things we are fighting for in Iraq.. Right? Your open hostility towards Islam is discouraging and alarming as it is pervasive among the "super-hawks" (and I am a liberal hawk, just not of the super variety) and will lead us to a global catastrophy beofer all is said and done.

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by observer]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Turkey also opposes the war because they fear a kurdish uprising after Saddam Hussein, since the United States have no clear Idea of what will happen after Bagdad falls.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius
Turkey also opposes the war because they fear a kurdish uprising after Saddam Hussein, since the United States have no clear Idea of what will happen after Bagdad falls.

I think this is correct. Therefore I am glad Turkey is not "with us" so we can make sure Turkish troops don't sweep into Northern Iraq and randomly slaughter Kurds.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I wasn't looking for Turkish support in the form of troops or any type of military help, just the use of their air space and access to their land where we could enter Iraq from the north.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We'd help Turkey if we could, but I just don't see that in the scope of possibility.

Karl...I'm sorry but I have to bring this up...how is Saddam disarming? I've heard nothing about it, and with our anti-war media here, news against the war spreads fast. I just don't see how saying 'Saddam is not disarming' is a lie. Sure he destroyed a few WMD, but that was most likely a ploy to get us to argue with ourselves about how he's starting to cooperate.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or start an uncivil argument, I just want to know what proof you have.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
PA, I think one of the stipulations with US use of Turkish bases and whatnot was that the Turks COULD NOT send troops into Northern Iraq. I think this might be one of the major sticking points with them not allowing us in. Also the cashola. Turkey is STILL reeling from the first war (I recently learned they lost 99 Billion dollars over the last 12 years because of the war). I think they are truly and legitimatley concerned with financial and therefore political instability in the country due to this impending war.

dom

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The inspectors reckon they destroyed 90-95% of his weapons in the last inspections. The remaining 5-10% are not thought to be terribly nasty weapons, but nobody really knows what they are, or if they even exist.

How about this as a possibility... Saddam *has* mostly disarmed already. And now we're asking him to destroy things he no longer has. Is this beyond the realms of possibility?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He says he is going global. If he isn't just venting off steam, maybe he has made an alliance with other countries?.?. With help from North Korea and others (Maybe even France, Germany and Russia, Even though I would hope not) he could easily go global.

Just an idea

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why then, dom, would he take the war 'global'? Could he do it without WMD? No, we'd waste him like we did in Desert Storm. He's got somthing up his sleeve...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"How about this as a possibility... Saddam *has* mostly disarmed already. And now we're asking him to destroy things he no longer has. Is this beyond the realms of possibility?"

Possible...but not likely. Had this been the case, it would have been much smarter to simply provide accounting for them (even false accounting), instead of shrugging when asked where materials (that were catalogued last time) now are... While not impossible, I'd put the odds similar to that of me winning Lotto...

As for taking the war "global", it sounds more to me like a cut and dry call for terrorism around the world. Then again, I would expect such from Saddam. Funny though, that even in light of this, and from the horse's mouth, many will still claim he doesn't sponsor terrorists....

dom

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe he's just venting off and trying to improve the morale of his troops? Maybe?

Who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Observer, I heard reports that the US is offering 25 to 30 billion dollars for the use of their bases and air space. If thats true, it might be in their best interest to accept the offer and maybe that could help their slumping economy that is a result of the past 12 years. I dont really agree with "buying" out a country simply for "borrowing" their air and land, but it would help out both sides. Do you know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
20-30 billion for airspace and runways? Sounds like a crock to me. Why should we pay Turkey such a big sum of money? I'd love to see their economy fixed, but I don't think lady liberty carries around that kind of money in her pocket.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree with you joe, that is an awfully high price. Supposedly they're asking for$90 billion.

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join