It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam threatens global war if attacked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Turkey justifies its high price by the fact the economic consequences of a month-long war would be so high. The humanitarian costs of the war are supposed to be even much higher

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Turkey justifies its high price by the fact the economic consequences of a month-long war would be so high. The humanitarian costs of the war are supposed to be even much higher

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Saddams threats are just a scare tactic. B.S. in my opinion.
Saddam is " A Dead Man Walking!"

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Observer, I heard reports that the US is offering 25 to 30 billion dollars for the use of their bases and air space. If thats true, it might be in their best interest to accept the offer and maybe that could help their slumping economy that is a result of the past 12 years. I dont really agree with "buying" out a country simply for "borrowing" their air and land, but it would help out both sides. Do you know what I mean?

Absolutely, I think given a day or two they will climb on board but they are in an awfully precarious position since they have such a high muslim population that might turn on them. They are just making sure they can hold onto control if they do decide to join us. I just fear what they might do to the Kurds if given a chance.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Deepwaters its real

Tyler you really have no idea what you are talking about

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
it cud turn global if he attacks other nations like israel and then if egypt decides to attack israel and n. korea decides to join in the fesitivities and nuke s. korea and so forth

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
it cud turn global if he attacks other nations like israel and then if egypt decides to attack israel and n. korea decides to join in the fesitivities and nuke s. korea and so forth

Good night I hope your wrong on that one. That is armegeddon.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well , his threats to bring war worldwide. Is a possible sing that he may have secret allies worldwide. Wether if their terrorists or other U.S. hating world leaders I do not know. But we'll have to wait and see .

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
RS, do you think he could possibly launch or send anything this way without it getting intercepted or are you suggesting that maybe he already has some people scattered throughout the world just waiting for his word. Scary thought , huh?

That *is* scary PA!! When you think what one person can do, when they *want* to be martyrs, I guess anything is possible? What delivery system do you need afterall? One person holding a bottle that looks like beer but in reality contains a nerve agent seems quite a likely scenario? Sure, the person carrying the stuff will most likely die when s/he releases the agent, but would that deter them? I doubt that very much - people have *always* been prepared to die for a cause - look at the Palestinian bombers, for example.

And if one person can carry such, then why not more? How would any of us know - that person over there *could* be such a suicide bomber. The only way we would know is when we hear about the attack(s) on the news - or when we succumb to the lethal toxins, if we're unlucky enough to be in the area at the time.

I think it's a *very* scary thing, certainly - removing Saddam (evil as he undoubtedly is) - wouldn't solve this ongoing threat, IMHO. When might the terrorists strike in retaliation? Any time they like...

Please don't think I'm anti-war: I worked (as a civilian designing AFV's) for the MOD for over 15 years here in UK. It's just that the stakes are very high and one person carrying a flask/ bottle/ whatever who is *already* resident in USA/ UK/ Spain/ Australia/ somewhere could strike any time...

We can only hope and pray that the troops and support staff over in the Gulf all survive in what will happen in around 24 hours time. Let's hope for a speedy/ swift end to this war with minimal damage and harm to the Iraqi people themselves. But it won't do much to remove the threat of a maverick, armed terrorist, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That idiotic President really said "We've done nothing to invite the threat" ???

I cant believe it

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Does helping Isreal mean that we should all die? Should we all be killed by Jetliners? Does every American really deserve to be killed because we support the Jews instead of the Muslims?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Does helping Isreal mean that we should all die? Should we all be killed by Jetliners? Does every American really deserve to be killed because we support the Jews instead of the Muslims?

The question is difficult, but needs to be adressed. The President is doing the opposite, he's negating the question. And negating a question of survival can sometimes be lethal.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have a feeling that saddam is going to attack Isreal. Bring them into the conflict. He tried to do this in the fiirst gulf war but the U.S convinced Isreal not to retalliate. I'm not so sure Isreal will listen this time especally if saddam uses chemicals

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join