It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Press Conference December 2 To Reveal "Astrobiology" Finding!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

In reference to

NASA went to fuel consuming rockets instead of the available advanced propulsion as if we were not going to the moon or planets anyway.

A more effective Navy was proposed long ago by Tesla. (March 20, 1907 To New York Times)

Tapping into his world wide remote control armies might have been a wikileaks disaster but do you think Tesla would ever give out the password. Laser is pulsed naturally coming from voltage jumps in atoms would have little effect compared to the focused voltage of Tesla as we know propels his ship and might beat out the destructive power of any laser gun. Unfortunately neither the Navy or anyone else beating a path to the Tesla library will be let in.

you say

What's the Tesla-NASA-NAVY-Wikileaks connection?

Say there is a lot of background to fill in and thought about it but lets go with whats there.
Tesla built a propulsion system superior to the rocket. (Tesla - NASA)

Zorgon mentioned the superior work of the US Navy.
And perhaps Tesla did at one time including the US Navy in such plans as lighting up
the skies at night and in using his superior torpedoes and for remote control ships
carrying remote control armies to safe guard the world. Ever see Star Wars cause
Tesla had already set to work on that project. Well Tesla did propose these and other
programs to the US Government. (Tesla-US Navy)
(The lighting up the sky thing Tesla said he could do might have been tested at
the Tunguska event cause Tesla always tested his systems. Now HAARP is too
wimpy to do anything liker lighting up the skys for the US Navy.)

With a remote control Army Navy Air Force and Power and Communication System
envisioned by Tesla , which many consider to possibly work, there would be secure
encoding and passwords as Tesla invented logic circuits early on before radio.
(Tesla-Navy-Wikileaks) Cause a password gets you into the secure data network
to capture files and send them to Wikileaks.

The movie The Hoax involved Howard Hugues and might have been a coinciding event
with the Pentagon Papers and Watergate. The Pentagon Papers were copied by one
of the writers and holders and leaked on himself practically. He was exonerated by the
Supreme Court if correct as exposing history. The Nam war ended under Nixon so
the papers must have hit early on in the first Nixon administration. The Hugues Hoax
and Watergate were in the second Nixon administration. (No connection just leak
history)
Blanks fill in?

edit on 12/2/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

link   
got a friend who works for nasa and he has told me that they have found a robotic alien creature that can turn from a yellow vw beetle with black racing stripes to a kind of human shaped robot that hangs around with a guy called spike.

link   
It is possible, that our DNA, did not originate on this Earth.

Another rumour from the leak....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There is nothing but poison out in space.
So much radiation that life is impossible.
Where has NASA been, to the Moon.
Disney and von Braun knew the sham they were doing so
lets find these new ET life scamsters.
If ABC TV puts them on something is up like a new
type of programming for writers of mind control.
ED: And if you think you want to go there, space that is,
perhaps something has been poisoned.
Unless you wish to go in a Tesla ship that is, as near space
seems possible as shown in the NASA tether event.

edit on 12/2/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I too got realy excited when I read this on cnn.com for the firs time. But then on careful inspection, I realized they said "A discovery that will impact the search for ET life"

What they're going to tell us is basically stuff that most of us have believed all along:

Life can exist just about anywhere under just about any conditions.

That, all of this time, scientists SHOULD HAVE BEEN saying "life as we know it, can't exist without ____" instead of simply "Life cannot exist without ______"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
There is nothing but poison out in space.
So much radiation that life is impossible.
Where has NASA been, to the Moon.

Where have you been? Beyond the Moon?

Don't be so quick to judge where and how life can exist. And never say "impossible" because we humans have such an infantile grasp on the universe and how things really are.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

You think man knows about life creation.
Well man does not know about life creation.
All man knows about creation is in the book God gave us.
Where has everyone been, just inside a Frankenstein movie.
And who supplied all the sparks of life equipment, Tesla.
Don't think so, people should try Earth and see how life is created.
No one has figured that out.
ET life is too far away and no one will ever see it.
Writer's cramps won't set in for these scamsters but
one should be aware not to follow Illuminati scams.
There is only one life, ours, and there is no room for ET life,
its a movie by someone clued in long ago into whats happening.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just thinking about how a form of life could exist in the absence of phosphorus, using arsenic as a substitute. I make no claim to be very well up on biology or chemistry, but a little of this sinks in. The phosphate ester which joins the genetic bases in DNA and RNA, and molecular chain linkages in ATP is reasonably simple. It's normally diagrammed as a phosphorus molecule at the center, linked to four oxygen molecules around it. Arsenic is chemically similar to phosphorus. Perhaps it can form a similar ester with oxygen. Can anyone more conversant in these areas speculate on how the detrimental effects arsenic has on proteins can be overcome in arsenic-based life? Ross

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Can anyone more conversant in these areas speculate on how the detrimental effects arsenic has on proteins can be overcome in arsenic-based life? Ross

Read this article. It may be a bit difficult to follow, but it may help explain, to a degree, what you are asking. To show how complex this discovery is, here is a quote from the article:

We have 30 years of work ahead to figure out what's going on,"

www.nature.com...

arstechnica.com...
edit on 2-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

On the whole "space is full of poison" thing... you do know that Oxygen, first pumped (Well, it's lipid soluble, so probably "diffused really fast" is more accurate than pumped) into the atmosphere by ancient cyanobacteria, wiped out almost everything that came into contact with it? It wipes us out, too, but we can get by and reproduce before it kills us because we are better at repairing our cells than our single-celled ancestors were, and are playing host to a little oxygen-loving bacteria currently known as mitochondria? Almost verything we depend upon is toxic to other (Earthly) organisms who are for whatever reason not dependent upon it (although I can't off the top of my head think of any earthly organism to which water is toxic), it's just that by being in contact with things HERE we can deal with what is HERE.

For a long time, people thought that life could not exist on the bottom of the ocean - because the pressure was far too high, the light was all wrong, blah, blah blah. Then we actually got there and LOOKED, and pressure and darkness had done nothing to stop life from colonising even under 11km of water, under which sort of pressure all the air in your lungs would diffuse into your bloodstream and your chest would implode (the rest of you, containing largely water, which is quite hard to compress, would probably not suffer too greatly from the pressure. Seeing as your splintering ribs would probably do your heart considerable damage, I doubt this would be much consolation).

We thought that life could not survive in the extremely acid conditions presented by the human stomach, but now we know that Helicobacter pylori thrives in the pH of 2 (or is it less? I can't recall) presented, which is why stomach ulcers are no longer a death sentence.

We thought that life could not survive in a vacuum, but dry out a tardigrade, put it in a vacuuum for a hundred years, take it out and rehydrate it and you have a complex, living, multicellular organism. Admittedly one that you need a microscope to see, but I'd say that it's impressive nonetheless

And then there's the Archaea, of course, the third domain of life (Eukarya = plants, fungi, animals, and protists such as amoebae and algae; Prokarya = most bacteria) which in their current form are found almost exclusively in conditions that were previously considered prohibitive to life.

Point is, individual life-forms may seem delicate, and most large ones are very delicate, but life as a concept is tough as old boots except a good sight tougher, and I'd be very, VERY surprised if there's not a lot more out there. I'd be almost as surprised if what else was out there looked as humanoid as aliens tend to, and I'd be quite surprised if NASA - or anybody, for that matter, ever found any life elsewhere, but I find it very unlikely that we (earth's plethora of organic life-forms, not the human race) are alone in the universe.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Nice reading

Problem is we humans tend to think we are the center of the universe and relate everything to us.
I believe every planet has it's own life and we don't see it.Our visual spectrum is limited.
I think this is a huge discovery for science and scientists,not for "outside the box" thinkers though!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

Who the hell am I suppose to believe?

Nasa[with super trained engineers, scientist, and geographers]
Or a Faceless, above top secret poster like you?
I'll go with a NASA employee any day.
and this is big.

These idiots are like "it isn't a big discovery"
You guys just wanna jump on nasa's ship if they find something as a whole other alien on a distant planet.
I'm watching these little conferences as they go by, step by step, so when it finally does happen[if it does] it's going to be like a great book unfolding for me, and you're going to miss out on all the tough work because you've been watching too many alien movies...and expect us to find aliens over night.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
its about the discovery in and the arsenic.....darn
no aliens here...darn darn darn....
good discovery I suppose, but no life so far on other solar bodies....
but then again....bit by bit.... i suppopse
edit on 2-12-2010 by GerhardSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

A microbe that is able to drop sulpher and use Arscenic is huge. It pretty much opens the doors to life being everywhere in the Universe.

If life as we know it exists, and now life as we dont know exists, I'd say we just got the begining confirmation we are not alone in the Universe.

baby steps...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Some more info coming out of the news conference.. There are suggestions now that this type of find could occur on Mars as well as Titan. Since we have a spacecraft in the vicinity of Titan this is something that can be checked fairly quickly.

Apparently there was another Nasa release from yesterday that was lost in the news cycle. Nasa has located a planet like Earth that has what appears to be a "steamy" atmosphere.

This is coming from the news sight monitoring the Nasa conference so as soon as I find some links Ill post em.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It uses Arsenic instead of sulphur? Definitely not instead of phosphorous?Because if it's sulphur, then the only real difference is that cysteine are not a necessary ingredient for a thermo-stable protein.

I hope someone replied to confirm that it's phosphorous. Sulphur would be an enormous let-down.
edit on 2/12/2010 by TheWill because: misleading describing words

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
reply to post by Xcathdra

It uses Arsenic instead of sulphur? Definitely not instead of phosphorous?Because if it's sulphur, then the only real difference is that cysteine are not the only necessary ingredient for a thermo-stable protein.

I hope someone replied to confirm that it's phosphorous. Sulphur would be an enormous let-down.

My bad.. you are correct.. Phosphorus. It drops the phosphorus and uses the arsenic that is present.

Fox News

Research conducted by biochemist Dr. Felisa Wolfe-Simon from the U.S. Geological Survey has turned the quest for alien life on its ear, suggesting that phosphorous, carbon, and the other fundamental elements found in every living thing on Earth aren't the only signs of life. Wolfe-Simon will explain the findings at a hotly anticipated NASA press conference today at 2 p.m.

After a two-year study at California's Mono Lake, near Yosemite National Park, Wolfe-Simon found that a bug will grow in the presence of the toxic chemical arsenic when only slight traces of phosphorous are present. It's a radical finding, says molecular biologist Steven Benner, who is part of NASA's "Team Titan" and an expert on astrobiology -- forcing the space agency to redefine the quest for other life in the universe.

"When we're searching for alien life, if it's not a Ferengi from Star Trek, what would it be?" Benner asked FoxNews.com. In his estimation, we've always defined life as something that has the exact same chemistry as a life-form on Earth. The new discovery will likely change that equation, because it means the basic building blocks of DNA are not quite what we thought.

Benner, said the arsenic-loving organism at Mono Lake grew without high levels of the nutrient phosphate (although some phosphates were still present). Just as important, it could change how we look for alien life on other planets, especially on Saturn and the moons of Jupiter.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm not getting why people are blowing this off as a worthless announcement. This is more than an extremophile. This means that DNA can exist without Phosphorous.
What else can it exist without?
What other substitutions can take place and have DNA still function?
Maybe DNA isn't a uniquely Earthy phenomenon.
If this bacteria can replace phosphorous with arsenic when necessary, maybe that gives more credence to the theory of non-carbon based life forms.
it goes on and on...

We always talk about finding life 'as we know it.' The significance of this discovery is that 'as we know it' has been redefined in a brand new way, and in a way that implies that there may well be life existing in environments we never thought possible.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Croda

Hopefully this discovery will open some eyes. Its entirely possible we have already found ET life in space and jsut do not know it yet because it doesnt have what we have. To those of the conspiracy mindset, maybe it takes a discovery like this to change humankinds thinking.

If we can accept that life is possible outside of what we know, we have grown as a species. Maybe its this type of growth that could get first contact with the ET's who are watching us, looking for any glimmer that we have expanded our understanding, allowing and accepting different possibilities.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
having googled it, all press articles found thus far (not watching live stream as download limit could be fatal) disappoint me. It leaves room for phosphorous to still be a major component (traces were still present) of biochemistry, just allowing the bacteria (or are they archaea? That would be more normal for extremophiles) to survive despite the usual high competition twixt arsenate and phosphate. Hope Wolfe-Simon's findings are more conclusive.

If not, follow up study (w/out arsenic) should be. Or if they would explicitly state that its DNA is deoxyribose-arsenate-deoxyribose, I'd be happy.

edit on 2/12/2010 by TheWill because: removed s, added qualification of doubt

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join