It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wikileaks the ministry of truth from 1984?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Simple question.

If you have read 1984 you will know there is a ministry of truth, that rewrites history, and gives it to the public as fact.

Is wikileaks disclosure, like the ministry of truth from 1984. Are we being played?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

In short, no.
2nd

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
reply to post by andy1033

In short, no.
2nd

How can you know?

People need to ask some serious questions about these leaks before listening to them.

The most obvious. Why did they build up wikileaks so much, and why is the mainstream media allowed to handle this story, when normally thay cannot talk about anything with regards to conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I have to say, the worldview that is put forth by wikileaks is a clean and innocent one. I know it is only fleshed out as much as the leaks themselves, but really...it is mild compared to what we know of history and the evils of men.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Always remember winners write history.

All i am saying is that we have to be careful we just do not accept what looks genuine as documents as fact.

We have documents claiming conspiracies all over the place, while us people where laughed at for talking about conspiracies happening.

Still think wikileaks is some sort of ministry of truth.

edit on 11/28/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If anyone wanted to re write history this would be the perfect way to do it. Everyone can deny it, and at the same time everyone can accept it as truth. Which goes on to written words. Should total trust be vested in any written word? Is it theoretically possible this was all a fabrication to hide the real truth behind whats going on?
Or are governments and corporations not smart enough to pull it off.

" . " there is a grain of salt for everyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
in my opinion wikileaks is a cia/nsa front.think about it his sources are anonymous, what better way to discredit the current govt admin. release there secrets not all of them just enough to plant the seed of doubt. thats why there is no ufo/alien stuff. cause that would implicate the entire govt structure and nasa etc....(how could you trust any govt knowing said govt has lied to the people for so long)
infact if Julian Assange has a mysterious accident that kills him and shuts down the site, my point will be proven.
edit on 28-11-2010 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
All they are doing is releasing raw information. There is no real claim to what is truth or what is lies. That is left up to the reader and or the media outlets that report it. If wikileaks is more that it claims to be, I would think it's job would be to confuse the situation, not compel the public to follow some new narrative. If you want to manipulate the public perception of the truth like that of Orwell's 1984,then I think you would want to release a very simple story. A story that is easy to understand and emotionally charged. Wikileaks tends to expose a more realistic story. One that is complicated, as reality and human interaction tends to be.

I must admit however, that in the few files I have read my self this evening. Much of the narrative does back up what we tend to hear in the mainstream media. That of the US involved in nation building and supporting relatively democratic governments, and concern for a nuclear Iran. That does make me wonder who this information is intended for, but again I have only seen about 5 or 6 documents.

May we live in interesting times....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That would be pretty interesting if they were OP.

If I was writing the wikileaks movie, it would be a CIA organization. I would have it leak not so important information, such as opinions of other world leaders or war crimes the people already assumed were going on. Then, after I've gained the public's trust and and was now viewed by the majority as a credible place for information I would leak "the big one". This would be "disclosure" of other life in the universe. Having gained credibility I would then be able to steer "disclosure" the way I want, causing the biggest bait and switch ever.

And then I would have accomplished my goal. I would now be the WORLDS biggest news "source", seeing as how wikileaks has been shown in all countries. In the process I would have also nabbed the majority of those pesky conspiracy "nuts", seeing as how I give them the info they "knew" the whole time.

Ah yes, that's how I would do it if I was writing this movie....
edit on 28-11-2010 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I really like the Ministry of Truth comparison and the other poster's point about it having "truthy-ness", the perfect misinformation vehicle.

It seems that this must be the vehicle for 9-11 truth (but only at the proper time!- mid 2012 would be my guess). The "inside job" story disgruntles the populace towards the current government and constitution and makes people run to the arms of the NWO agents (Ron Paul).

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

In short, no.

In short, yes.

If anyone thinks wikileaks is a pillar of truth and justice, then you'd better watch out for people trying to sell you bridges in brooklyn. Wikileaks is a useful idiot tool of the NWO. The people involved in the 'leaks' (plants), have $$$ in their eyes. But when the NWO is through using wikileaks in their latest worldwide chess move (and that's what this is), they'll probably 'off' wikileaks in grand style and use the hit as another chess move.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

In short, no.

In short, yes.

If anyone thinks wikileaks is a pillar of truth and justice, then you'd better watch out for people trying to sell you bridges in brooklyn. Wikileaks is a useful idiot tool of the NWO. The people involved in the 'leaks' (plants), have $$$ in their eyes. But when the NWO is through using wikileaks in their latest worldwide chess move (and that's what this is), they'll probably 'off' wikileaks in grand style and use the hit as another chess move.

Who really knows what is going on behind the scenes?

Especially if Wikileaks chooses to continue to censor that information.

One or two years ago, shortly after its creation, I faxed Wikileaks the Prophecy of August, 1979. I have the fax confirmation sheet somewhere in my files.

But, obviously, Wikileaks has NO interest or INTENTION whatsoever of embarrassing the Jewish, Christian or Muslim religious 'authorities'.

But there is another aspect of this that is widely unknown with regards to the mainstream media.

Let's say that you have information which could seriously threaten the economic interests of a major corporation--and, certainly, Judaeo-Christianity-Islamism, Inc. is a mulit-billion dollar corporation--and you give that information to the media.

The media has two choices:

1) Publish that information; or, believe it or not,

2) Contact the corporation involved to see if that information is accurate...

And then extort MONEY ("advertising revenues") from that corporation to keep that information secret.

So, who knows where the money comes from to support Wikileaks?

But one thing IS certain:

They DON'T want to embarrass the religious 'authorities' of Judaism, Christianity and Islam...

Or they would have publicized the Prophecies that I sent them several months ago.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

What is the prophecy of august 1979?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper What is the prophecy of august 1979?

A Prophecy confirming the Prophecies of the Book of Daniel Chapters 11 & 12, the Book of Ezekiel, the Book of Zechariah and the Revelation of John...

Prophecies which are being completely ignored by the "dragon"-media and the "beast"-political establishment; while the "false prophet" mostly Christian and Jewish religious 'authorities' (see the Revelation of John 16:13) are interested in these Prophecies ONLY insofar as they can make MONEY on their interpretation, rather than attempting to motivate their followers to act in such a way as to diminish the horrors signified by such Prophecies.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Haha, you guys... I love how everything is suspect. You are wise to question reality. However, I think that the main action of the year is the Illuminati being taken over by Eastern Mystic cults like the White Dragon Society. The NWO agenda has basically already failed, as Russia and China quit the dollar. Then again, I'm a semi-follower of Benjamin Fulford, so why listen to what I have to say? Glad people here question authority/reality. I'm happy to speak with open-minded people about exo-politcal topics.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been thinking something along the same lines. The hype did say something about "history changing" after all.

What's blowing my mind is how many of the Awake have seemingly become Sheeple in the last 3 days
I didn't know you could reverse-osmosis that way, so to speak. Sheeple to Awake, yeah, but vice-versa?

Wikileaks and Julian are showing signs that they could very well have been compromised. And not just any ol' intel op, but super-sophisticated psyops. Sophisticated enough to change belief systems literally overnight.

Thinking we now know our government better, and that we'll have to "behave" more in our dealings on the global stage is fine. But consider the fact that we have, so far, almost zero information on what our alphabets & their black budget ops are doing internationally. And when we don't know that, we really don't know anything at all about our true foreign policy.

I truly do hope I'm wrong. I was pretty much a Julian Assange fanboy in the beginning. However, the anomalies in this event are worth questioning at the very least.
edit on 30-11-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join