It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A compelling read into the holographic reality theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi all.

I found this article whilst stumbling our glorious web.

I have read into the holographic universe theory before, but never so well has it been put forward.

Please take the time to read and dedicate some thought as to what you agree, or disagree, upon.

Personally I believe there could be some truth in the theory, it would explain a lot.

Linky to the article

Here are some snippets:

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing

If a hologram of a rose is cut in half and then illuminated by a laser, each half will still be found to contain the entire image of the rose. Indeed, even if the halves are divided again, each snippet of film will always be found to contain a smaller but intact version of the original image. Unlike normal photographs, every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole

Bohm believes the reason subatomic particles are able to remain in contact with one another regardless of the distance separating them is not because they are sending some sort of mysterious signal back and forth, but because their separateness is an illusion. He argues that at some deeper level of reality such particles are not individual entities, but are actually extensions of the same fundamental something.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm going to read the whole article later but this bit has made me wonder....

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing

How would it be possible to measure that these particles could know what another is doing 10 billion miles away unless we had instruments that can measure at faster than the speed of light? (which is currently impossible...yes?)

Puzzling, but I'll read on.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There is no such thing as distance.

There is only observation. Time/space is an illusion of separation. You are observing the mind. The observer is god, you are the observer. The universe isn't holographic, it just is, the reflection of the universal mind which is in a developmental stage. Call it the adolescence of god if you will.

To be truly awake is to realize that you can never be "awake".
edit on 28-11-2010 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I like the article, I also like to mention that Brian Whitworth presents a great series of papers on the Physical World as a Virtual Reality.

You should check out all his material on his website at: brianwhitworth.com...

This is a facade. It is Maya and Illusion, the "Black Iron Prison" of the Demigurge, or the Matrix. Reality is a virtual reality simulation, a simulated Universe... the quicker we realize that the quicker we can get to understanding the true mechanics of "Reality" and the Big Picture.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have a question for you....

Does the act of observation changing a particle mean that the observer exist apart from the observer? Or does it mean that the observer is the particle looking at itself from an alternative perspective(experience) changing itself from the inside out? If you are the particle looking at yourself, are you telling yourself to change by method of observation, or are you outside of the mind of the particle telling itself to change through some obscure method of communication/observation?

Does a particle have a mind, and how does the particle recognize its being observed? If you are able to communicate with a particle does that mean it is connected consciously to us, or that we are actually the particle itself?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I think you are wrong. My own theorizing as evidence.

Its not that reality is an illusion, its that reality is based on perspective. You are looking at yourself from different perspectives based on what you are choosing to experience about your SELF. When i look down at my feet, i am choosing to experience my feet through a method of observation known as site.

Think about this.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

We are living in a "Designer Universe" where an intelligence set up all the programming and rules by which this "game like system" is governed. We opted in to play a character in this game. This is where we are right now.

Playing the game. Active as a character within it. But there is another reality beyond the game that we come from; only most of us have forgotten.

Reality is a simulated virtual game. A dream within a dream if you will. All of it thought-out, planned, engineered and designed by an underlying intelligence.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I tend to think that it is less of a game and more of a method of experience.

The "game" isn't for fun, it is used to experience the inner, and outer self. The mind is the creator of the game but the game is created within the self. There is no reality illusion where its all a dream.

Self discovery. It is like as if "god" is using this world as a way to discover his inner self or mind.

I didn't say that right. Let me revise the above statement and put it how i really meant it...

ok...

It is not a dream.

It is a centralized point of experience.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A great article, thanks for sharing.

Now my holographic mind hurts.

I think I'll have to read more about this subject and try some personal experiments and observations.

Big innit?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
It is not a dream.

Are you sure? It's more a dream than it is physical in nature. Even though people will argue Occam's Razor disproves reality is a dream; that itself is just an argument, not proof.

You are right that it is experience based, but the underlying mechanics of all "Reality" stem from organized-thought which in turn is a "Dream" or dreamed of experience.

Look at the precognitive dream link in my thread and notice how many people dream of a future event before it happens. This is a self-evident bridge between the nature of dreams, and how reality flows from this process.

Dreams are the forge of reality.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Definitions of dream on the Web: * a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep; "I had a dream about you last night"

Source

So you are saying that our experience is based inside the universal mind?

When i here people talk about holographic universe theory i think this.

Information is contained within itSELF. Or one singular bit of information has all information stored within it. Which in turn means to me that each individual bit of information is actually the entire WHOLE expressing itself in a manner based on the current experience of the observer.

Which in turn is not a dream, it is a method of experience. The mind is not a dream, a dream is an illusion. The mind is real. The images conjured by the mind are an illusion?

Definitions of illusion on the Web: * an erroneous mental representation

Source

Our experience is not erroneous.

Definitions of erroneous on the Web: * containing or characterized by error; "erroneous conclusions"

Source

The only thing that makes our experience erroneous is how we decide upon, or view. What i mean is this,

It is only an illusion depending on your point of view.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
So you are saying that our experience is based inside the universal mind?

That is one way to describe it; what I argue is that true "Reality" is founded on consciousness and awareness centralized around the "self" where the "Self" is what is real.

I expand on this greatly in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's been interesting to hear what you all think so far.

I've always been a firmer believer that whatever you envision in your mind will eventually come to manifest in your life.

Look at some of the greatest scientists and what they have come to achieve.

They achieved it all by first envisioning it in their mind and then bringing it forth into our perceived reality.

Everything you see around you in your daily life was first conceived by a thought.

What bugs me though is that if everything is by concious design, then what designed concious ?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

have you read bohn's book-the holighraphic universe? it is an extension of the article--yet a very very good read...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

the particles are the instruments.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

I haven't no.

I will be making sure I get a copy though.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I think all of this is subjective, and neither one of you really knows the truth, just speculation on it.

hows that for some philosophy?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

for a majority of time that intelligent life has been on this planet, many scientists believe the earth to be flat and the center of this universe, however, this never manifested into truth?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Maybe so, but the universe and the earth existed before any scientist so your argument is moot

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Its the experience of the dream, or the lesson of the dream that remains after the dream.

The lesson is real, and so is the experience of it. To say that you will live in the NOW, but the NOW is a dream or an illusion is contradictory. How can i live in something that doesn't exist? How can i be in the NOW of something that is an illusion?

Its not an illusion, its not holographic. It is mind. The mind is the creation of everything. Just because the mind can take away the so called illusion anytime it wants doesn't make the illusion an actual illusion.

The experience of the illusion is real, the lesson is real, that makes the dream real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join