It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks US Diplomacy Leak: Partial, incomplete, imbalanced and therefore plain WRONG!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

When it fits your own little world everything is great right? Wait untill the day comes when your emails with your mistress get published on a website for the world (and your spouse) to see.
Bet you'll all cry foul then.

Hypocrites.

Becker

Yes, that is the point.

What is it that you call it when you use one particular side only to make a point?

Guinea pig?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
With regards to the element of 'balance" in the leaks. Let's remember where they came from. They came from one source: the US Military. Not the UN, not NATO, and not the world leader annual secret picnic.

Obviously, they will be slanted to involve the US. We currently do not have access to a similar trove from other nations around the world. If we did and all we heard were the US cables, then "YES" it would be unbalanced. As it is, we only have a sliver.

With regards to "completeness", I will assume you mean the completeness of the context of each cable. Again, that would seem impossible. To know the back story on each communique would require a long, very long, period of research on each bit of information. However, what does it matter? Some of the information is quite enlightening on mere face value.

Is it "partial"? Of course, they are the US's. They are partial to the US.

Perhaps the intent of these leaks was not to score a KO, but deliver a much needed jab to the face of those who feel you and I do not count.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
From another thread, someone put up the idea that WL was a government propoganda machine. Seems that way after the cables were released. The Iraqi War Diaries weren't too bad. But what's been 'leaked' so far seems to set up the US and Israel as White Knights and shows the world begging us to take down Iran's nuclear program.

Either WL is a USGov mouthpiece, or they're ramping up our positivity only to feed us the darkest of their stuff and really piss us all off.

It isn't over yet, folks. Assange has proven himself to be, at least, semi-intelligent. I think these cables were released in this format at this time for a very specific reason.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

Stop being scared.. The truth is good, hopefully were able to charge those responsible for their crimes and start over... Only way to rebuild is to demolish what's in the way... Advancement through Destruction

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I agree with you, but it appears that I am in the minority which doesn't surprise me on this site. Wikileaks is NOT the devine answer, people. They are a collection of people with an agenda to convonce people. They do this by releasing select information at certain times and witholding other information that could balance the argument. I was not surprised to read some opinions on this thread that there does not need to be balance. That actually made me laugh. Those folks who think that are being played big time by Wikileaks. Hook line and sinker.

By all means read what they have to say, agree with it but please remember that there are more sides to this and yes, there are secrets in government and there has to be. That is the real world we live in, we don't live in a Utopia where every citizen is intelligent and reasoned and can understand decisions and conflicts rationally.

Wikileaks wants to manipulate opinion, like all media. To think differently is naive.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reposted from all the other freaking wikileaks threads:

I also wonder how does one person, or one 'site' or one 'group' come up with all of these classified documents? The answer is they don't.

Once again, we are being manipulated by TPTB. What do they expect to gain from this release of documents? Answer...more instability, and there is already plenty of that going around. Riots in the street are nothing new, and the immediate reason for those riots vary. But one thing is certain. When the people rise up, TPTB will crack down.

As far as what could cause global anarchy? The answer is...not one thing. Hot buttons vary, by region, religion, technology...etc. I guess you would need to have a lot of chaos going on all over if your ultimate goal was order.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

well I happen to think this thread is
partial, incomplete, imbalanced and therefore plain WRONG!

u r not talking about someone who had a choice
in what info was given to them. They cannot print
the other side if they don't have it.

And if u think these cables only defame the US,
then u are sadly mistaken.

Russia and Italy were linked to mafia
Turkey was linked to terrorism through Hamas
Saudi Arabia was linked to terrorism as they fund groups through charities
Israel was linked to be a biggot and war monger
Pakistan was linked to Al Queda and Taliban
Yemen was proved to be a liar and a regime u can't trust

the list goes on and on.

Your point of view sounds like it comes
from someone who either did not read
the cables at all and relied on what others
told you were in them

OR

you have an agenda for criticizing the release

so like I said your thread is
partial, incomplete, imbalanced and therefore plain WRONG!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
America goes around humilating people they target, by means you just wrote about.

And name me one country in this world that does not also do this. America is easy to point the finger at but the reality is every other country has in the past or is presently doing the same things.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Wikileaks is a dis-info propaganda.

All the leaks are managed by US.

Anyone who believes such leaks should ask themselves the most obvious two questions.

How hard is it for US government to spread dis-info propaganda wrapped around leaks?
How hard is it for a US governmental employee to leak secret files?

The answer is so obvious./

After answer the above two questions, you have to ask another question.

Who has most to gain from these leaks, and who has most to lose.

The BS that US is humiliated, or has apologized in advance etc is all to give Wikileaks more attention, and give them more credibility.

US has gained the most from these leaks [full stop]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

How exactly have they benefited from the leak? Some of that stuff really is quite embarrassing and definitely won't improve foreign relations...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by oozyism

How exactly have they benefited from the leak? Some of that stuff really is quite embarrassing and definitely won't improve foreign relations...

Embarrassing? When did the US care about embarrassment?

Last I checked the US have been involved in toppling official governments, supporting coups, implementing assassinations, raping detainees, abducting civilians and sending them to secret prison camps for torture... bla bla bla.

Embarrassing? Are you kidding me.

This is more than that. Do you know what dis-info means?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Exactly, gw bush even laughs openly about organising torture.

America does not care about being embaressed.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wikileaks is a dis-info propaganda. All the leaks are managed by US. Anyone who believes such leaks should ask themselves the most obvious two questions.

How hard is it for US government to spread dis-info propaganda wrapped around leaks?

How hard is it for a US governmental employee to leak secret files?

The answer is so obvious./

As an answer to those who criticize, although there is not proof, this is one of the scenarios-dangers about this sort of action.

Leaving aside the possible deep agendas that Wikileaks could serve by publishing these documents, the too anti-US turn in all of this, simply leaves too much room for speculation, and for a myriad of conspiracy theories and the likes.

As Arrowmancer said before, it seems that this info has been released for a reason right at this time... Too many suspicions, that's the door WL have left open.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Embarrassing? When did the US care about embarrassment?

Last I checked the US have been involved in toppling official governments, supporting coups, implementing assassinations, raping detainees, abducting civilians and sending them to secret prison camps for torture... bla bla bla.

Embarrassing? Are you kidding me.

This is more than that. Do you know what dis-info means?

Though you may not think so, embarrassment is part of what seems to be behind the desired results behind this stunt.

To name just a couple that have aired in the past hours, the political consequences on the info about Italy's prime minister, and some of the private views the Italian foreign affairs ministers held on Turkey for example, are beginning to tilt a boat that was already rocking quite a bit,

The views that a few Arab leaders held on Iran, in spite of their we-area-all-Muslims postures, will also provide a few moments of dancing on the coals for them...

And as everybody has said, there is soo much more...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I don't think US has any shame, if it did, it wouldn't take this long to apologize for Vietnam. I think the US government is as arrogant as it was before, and they always have tricks to push to the left and right.

I think this is to complicate things amongst the new rising powers in the middle east.

US doesn't care about embarrassment, it runs on might makes right policy.

It is more concerned about its might, about its survival as a global super power, as an empire, rather than embarrassment.

If embarrassment is the small consequence to clinch to power, then it is 100% worth it.

Just examine the dirty tactics US used in the cold war, to clinch to power, do you think the US cares?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

u r not talking about someone who had a choice in what info was given to them. They cannot print the other side if they don't have it.

Thanks for, while you criticized this thread, you are making one of the points I have been trying to get across.

You don't have more info, then what to do?

And this is where motivations of the different choices begin to be considered.

No more info? You wait. Or.... we just go ahead with whatever we got and then whatever happens...

Not enough, and not right.

Either you are pro-truth, in which case the irresponsibility of this move is widely on view, or either pro-something else, and this, this is the sad conclusion...

Be it clear again, I am NOT pro-US, but there is a way in which to carry out certain actions to actually, or at least be close to be helping people at large, and help politics move in a more productive direction.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If embarrassment is the small consequence to clinch to power, then it is 100% worth it.

Just examine the dirty tactics US used in the cold war, to clinch to power, do you think the US cares?

Totally agree with most of your points, however, this "internal" info is about a vast array of politicians and governments all over the world, who may not even share or care about the US and their interests...

And yet today they see their names all over international news, quoted on saying or having sustained words that "were not supposed" to be for the general public.

So, there is creme-pie for all, but again, it all comes from US "intelligence", personnel, etc. This eventuality makes it possible that, since all came from that door, it can all be shoved back there and little harm done.

If there had been just ONE more source for some of these "Info" material, think about how much different the scoop would be...

Different angles make for a better view, and that is the lost opportunity.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc
reply to post by detachedindividual

However, there is no need to see another side of the story when you read objectives such as spying on the UN. The instructions issued do not require a response. They are instructions, not a conversation.

Question: do you seriously think that the US are the ONLY ones spying on the UN, or others for that matter?

Did you already read about China's attack on Google and the internet? Well that's a fact too...

That type of side thinking is naive and almost dangerous, because then we will vilify the parties we know about ONLY, with the LIMITED information we have access to...

Common... If China, Russia, and other countries are not spying in the UN, NATO, and all over the spectrum, then the world is not the world and people are not people.

Ahh, I see, using the old, "Do you think we''re the only one's?"

So, that automatically gives us the right to break international law...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
With the latest leaks from Wikileaks, I've grown to not care anymore. "We've got something that'll change the world!" Yeah sure. If the world was a middle school class room full of girls gossiping.

Wikileaks is a joke, they're over hyping while delivering very little.

From this day forth, I'll never get excited about anything Wikileaks says.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Wikileaks did indeed have plans to release documents they had obtained from other countries after they got this latest batch of U.S.-oriented stuff pushed out. I think you'll eventually get what you're looking for. Apparently,they're sitting on a whole bunch of other stuff that's just gotten backed up in the pipeline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join