It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wikileaks 'hacked ahead of secret US document release'

page: 2
10
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
US gov. isnt going to stop &^%*.

Though they sure are trying like hell.

Funny they are resorting to a Dos attack.
lol

"Can't do anything else, let's try this"

incompetent idiots.

Don't be shady ass&*^$ and you won't have these problems.

Karma can be a bitch eh?




posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
El Pais seems to be ehad of german Spiegel newspaper, scheduled to release documents
22.00 GMT+1.

www.elpais.com...



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I went to Wikileaks IRC channel and there was all of 4 people in there, and I'm pretty sure the other 3 were bots...

There mirror site was also down, "for maintenance".

Granted a lot of people are trying to get to their site, some overload could be expected, guess we'll have to wait for traditional media to get up to speed on this. Even Wikileaks twitter account has been silent.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


No their Twitter account is spitting out information as we speak.
twitter.com...

You can also use Wikileaks Facebook wall
www.facebook.com...

Just now "US cables leak sparks global diplomatic crisis": www.guardian.co.uk...
Wow, that site is nice, you can browser the whole dataset in the guardin, they made
a really nice flash animation. Just move your mouse over any country you want to know
more about.
edit on 28-11-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just a few thoughts/questions.

It seems that the majority of ATS users wants the release of the documents. Here's a few things to consider:

1) What if, as the US government alleges, lives will be put in jeapordy? There's little doubt in my mind that peoples livelihoods will be lost (whether they end up as the cause of inappropriate/Illegal activites or merely a scapegoat for such activites).

2) If lives are lost as a result, should the US goverment view the leaks as a terrorist act?

3) Depending upon how dramatic these documents are, what will happen to the world markets in the following weeks?

4) What will be accomplished by these leaks? Do you think that the governments involved will change their ways or change their security?

What's the old saying - be careful what you wish for....



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

WikiLeaks says that, contrary to the state department's fears, it also initially intends to post only limited cable extracts, and to redact identities.


guardian

Limited? Does that mean everything is not going to be released?
*censorship agreement?*

Also i wonder if the NK and SK tension was planned to redirect news from this?
Hopefully these documents bring change and i mean real change. All to often wikileaks have released infromation and nothing has come from it, yes our eyes have opened but has things "really" changed.

Update

guardian updates



6.24pm: In contrast to the Foreign Office's measured tone, Italy's foreign minister, Franco Frattini, has rather colourfully described the embassy cables as "the September 11th of world diplomacy". Speaking on a visit to Qatar, he was quoted as saying that the information would "blow up the relationship of trust between states".


"the September 11th of world diplomacy" - crazy comparison
edit on 28-11-2010 by StealthKix because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if some of these 'docs' clearly ascertain that Baraq is really a Kenyan, and about the coverups going on in the last election? That would shock the country, for sure. Naw, on second thought, Michelle is on video telling school children that Baraq is from Africa, his own grandma says she was at his birth in Africa, and noone really cares.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
Wouldn't it be interesting if some of these 'docs' clearly ascertain that Baraq is really a Kenyan, and about the coverups going on in the last election? That would shock the country, for sure. Naw, on second thought, Michelle is on video telling school children that Baraq is from Africa, his own grandma says she was at his birth in Africa, and noone really cares.


Nor would people in other countries care, so that's obviously not it.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
Just a few thoughts/questions.

It seems that the majority of ATS users wants the release of the documents. Here's a few things to consider:

1) What if, as the US government alleges, lives will be put in jeapordy? There's little doubt in my mind that peoples livelihoods will be lost (whether they end up as the cause of inappropriate/Illegal activites or merely a scapegoat for such activites).

2) If lives are lost as a result, should the US goverment view the leaks as a terrorist act?

3) Depending upon how dramatic these documents are, what will happen to the world markets in the following weeks?

4) What will be accomplished by these leaks? Do you think that the governments involved will change their ways or change their security?

What's the old saying - be careful what you wish for....


if lives are lost as a result of us government actions it's "collateral damage".
if lives are lost because of US corporation actions it's "dead peasants"
if lives are lost by anyone elses actions it's terrorism
how msm brainwashed do you have to be to actually think like this



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Despite opinions of how the so called illuminate’ control everything. Despite calls of TPTB are in the driving seat this does highlight the power of the mob. Something the Roman emperors were fully aware of.

Our betters talk of globalisation and the global market. They ignored the global mob that is the internet. All empires fall eventually. This one is no different.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is odd, indeed. As of yesterday, they were hosted at a french host with a totally differant IP address. I wonder if this was their strategy for release... Set up a totally new site with the data and just switch the DNS entry over to launch it.

Problem is that since ICAAN is in the pocket of the DHS, it almost seems moot.


Originally posted by abaddon6
reply to post by digby888
 


So wikileaks is hosting their web services in the Amazon cloud (EC2) now ?
Or maybe one if their partner newspapers are running their online papers
in the amazon cloud ? Wikileaks partners for this release are The New York Time,
the Guardian, Le Monde, El Pais and Der Spiegel. Search Tiwtter for #StateLogs.


host __._
__._ has address 46.51.186.222

whois 46.51.186.222
inetnum: 46.51.128.0 - 46.51.191.255
netname: AMAZON-EU-AWS
descr: Amazon Web Services, Elastic Compute Cloud, EC2, EU
remarks: The activity you have detected originates from a
dynamic hosting environment.
For fastest response, please submit abuse reports at
aws-portal.amazon.com...
For more information regarding EC2 see:
ec2.amazonaws.com...
All reports MUST include:
* src IP
* dest IP (your IP)
* dest port
* Accurate date/timestamp and timezone of activity
* Intensity/frequency (short log extracts)
* Your contact details (phone and email)
Without these we will be unable to identify
the correct owner of the IP address at that
point in time.
country: IE
admin-c: ADSI2-RIPE
tech-c: AEA61-RIPE
tech-c: AENO1-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: MNT-ADSI
mnt-domains: MNT-ADSI
source: RIPE # Filtered

edit on 28-11-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well we know a few points leaked so far:

1) Iran is fortifying its arsenal with the aid of North Korea.

2) Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran to stop nuclear program.

3) Saudi donors remain chief financiers of militant groups like al-Qaida.

4) Israel regarded 2010 as a "critical year" for tackling Iran's alleged quest for nuclear weapons and has warned the United States that time is running out to stop Iran from acquiring a nuclear bomb.

One of the results so far:

LONDON: The British government has warned that its citizens in Pakistan, Iraq,
Iran and other parts of the Muslim world could be targeted in a violent backlash over
"anti-Islamic" views expressed in diplomatic documents being leaked this week, media
reports said on Sunday.

I'm sure all of this, and what's still to come, will just blow over. I mean, it's not like this could start a war or anything.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abaddon6
reply to post by digby888
 


So wikileaks is hosting their web services in the Amazon cloud (EC2) now ?
Or maybe one if their partner newspapers are running their online papers
in the amazon cloud ? Wikileaks partners for this release are The New York Time,
the Guardian, Le Monde, El Pais and Der Spiegel. Search Tiwtter for #StateLogs.


host __._
__._ has address 46.51.186.222

whois 46.51.186.222
inetnum: 46.51.128.0 - 46.51.191.255
netname: AMAZON-EU-AWS
descr: Amazon Web Services, Elastic Compute Cloud, EC2, EU
remarks: The activity you have detected originates from a
dynamic hosting environment.
For fastest response, please submit abuse reports at
aws-portal.amazon.com...
For more information regarding EC2 see:
ec2.amazonaws.com...
All reports MUST include:
* src IP
* dest IP (your IP)
* dest port
* Accurate date/timestamp and timezone of activity
* Intensity/frequency (short log extracts)
* Your contact details (phone and email)
Without these we will be unable to identify
the correct owner of the IP address at that
point in time.
country: IE
admin-c: ADSI2-RIPE
tech-c: AEA61-RIPE
tech-c: AENO1-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: MNT-ADSI
mnt-domains: MNT-ADSI
source: RIPE # Filtered

edit on 28-11-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)


Interesting, it looks like Wikileaks has probably been compromised. I don't know I think this is all part of the plan. If there is a globalist agenda, the quickest way to further it would be to get rid of the US. This would leave a power vacuum open for something like a one world government.

I think the US government is finished. I hope the American people will be ok though. People need to start figuring out how to provide basic needs without corporations. The only reason for this is because money is being used as the means of control. If we don't use the money, the control is gone.



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1   >>

log in

join