It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks 'hacked ahead of secret US document release'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
looks like the us goverment

is going to stop this one way or the other

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
looks like the us goverment

is going to stop this one way or the other

www.bbc.co.uk...

They can't stop it. It's out there, it's even on people's PC's in encrypted form.

second

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here is my question: Will more information about the US government make people react? 9/11, banks, unwarranted occupation, stolen elections, CIA, Facebook, etc?

The country is 'read-only'. Wiki leaks is housewives of conspiracy for the cyberworld.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Even if Wikileaks goes down the info will be released via other sources. They can't stop it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
my thought is....If these supposed documents will "harm relationships with US allies" why aren't US allies asking WTF is in those documents?

the US has already admitted that they are doing bad bad things

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Its not being hacked. Its getting attacked by a group utilizing a DDoS or Denial of Service attack.

Its probably you know who, but these documents are going to get out one way or another.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This one will be interesting. Got all the ingredients for good drama.
I just hope the media won't throw too much soap in it. But once the files are out, in about 4 hours, I will see for myself what should be in history books.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If DDoS is stopping the reveleation, then the people are going to get a nice code to open the files what they already have. The Governments are just delaying, but can't stop the release.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i have tried getting on there site

hear in the uk and it just keeps timing out

so i cant get on it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Good stuff, this what ATS was made for.

I'm curious now, wondering like everyone else just what's in those files. Also any news on the insurance code yet?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

they (the mightyUS of A) are starting to shi*e themselves i for one downloaded the file and await the key!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I for one am absolutely delighted that these documents are on the way out and like other people have said in previous posts, they can't stop it. The internet is a well oiled machine and they can try all they want but the information will be out and anybody who wants it will have access to it via the web.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They should activate Reston 5 IMHO.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
my thought is....If these supposed documents will "harm relationships with US allies" why aren't US allies asking WTF is in those documents?

the US has already admitted that they are doing bad bad things

They are asking, and they are reading them.

I forget which nation has a copy, but they've had a look.

Of course, it's also possible that several governments are quite aware of the communications going in and out of US embassies

You can also guarantee that agents in each country have intercepted or been given what their press has. Anyone can be bought, and a government would probably be on the phone to publications who have these documents offering financial incentives for a copy prior to release, if they haven't intercepted them by some other means already.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I thought these documents also had embarrasing info from other countries too. Why is everyone drooling over the release of embarrasing things our government may have said or done when every other country asseses allies and enemies in the same manner? Will the country with no skeletons in their closet please stand up? I'm almost willing to bet that Wikileaks asks for "donations" to beef up its security right before they announce more documents releases in the future.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The US would not be sorely disappointed if anything happened to distract from this release. Like fireworks in the Yellow Sea, perhaps?

This is purely speculation with a dash of cynicism, but Sunday is a good day to insert a news story into the cycle. It's guaranteed to be picked up and ran with all week. Any politician can tell you that, politics 101.

You beat the release the same way you do any mob scene. First you stall, then you distract. If this didn't have global impact, would there have been as much posturing by the US leading up to today? "Lookie over here, it's the George Washington!"

Now they're stalling. Tonight comes the big distraction?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Latest tweet from Wikileaks twitter:

El Pais, Le Monde, Speigel, Guardian & NYT will publish many US embassy cables tonight, even if WikiLeaks goes down.

Looks like the cables will surface anyhow. Might start a chain of events wich could give Wikileaks the incentive needed to give the password for their insurance file though. Lets see what happens...

edit on 28/11/2010 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
A few links :
Twitter/wikileaks
Live coverage at OWNI

Thank you SO MUCH for this second link. It is a wonderful place to go catch up on what is happening, or to keep refreshing as things occur. Sources are provided for each claim. I highly recommend anyone reading this thread to check it out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

So wikileaks is hosting their web services in the Amazon cloud (EC2) now ?
Or maybe one if their partner newspapers are running their online papers
in the amazon cloud ? Wikileaks partners for this release are The New York Time,
the Guardian, Le Monde, El Pais and Der Spiegel. Search Tiwtter for #StateLogs.

host __._
__._ has address 46.51.186.222

whois 46.51.186.222
inetnum: 46.51.128.0 - 46.51.191.255
netname: AMAZON-EU-AWS
descr: Amazon Web Services, Elastic Compute Cloud, EC2, EU
remarks: The activity you have detected originates from a
dynamic hosting environment.
For fastest response, please submit abuse reports at
aws-portal.amazon.com...
For more information regarding EC2 see:
ec2.amazonaws.com...
All reports MUST include:
* src IP
* dest IP (your IP)
* dest port
* Accurate date/timestamp and timezone of activity
* Intensity/frequency (short log extracts)
* Your contact details (phone and email)
Without these we will be unable to identify
the correct owner of the IP address at that
point in time.
admin-c: ADSI2-RIPE
tech-c: AEA61-RIPE
tech-c: AENO1-RIPE
mnt-by: MNT-ADSI
mnt-domains: MNT-ADSI
source: RIPE # Filtered

edit on 28-11-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join