It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot breaks out in South Korea! Brand new CNN article!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- Diplomats worked to ease tensions in the Koreas on Saturday after North Korea warned of unpredictable "consequences" if the United States fulfills its vow of deploying an aircraft carrier to the Yellow Sea for joint military maneuvers with South Korea.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

the pot is bubbling over

The violence has sparked anger and political turmoil in South Korea. The country's defense minister, Kim Tae-young resigned after the exchange of fire, and veterans of the South Korean military protested Saturday on the streets of Seoul, stating they were angry that their country's government had not done enough to respond to the North's shelling.

It's a time bomb, thats all it is!

your thoughts?

www.cnn.com...

edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add link

edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

One group of protesters gathered near the defense ministry building Saturday, clashing with police officers with some charging and kicking officers.

Everyone is fed up with North Korea.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on Saturday slammed South Korea and the United States for provoking the crisis.

but wait North korea said South korea was responsible!

Both sides are pissed!

This is NOT gonna be good!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Could you please post a link .

Would like to get the full story before i respond.

Nevermind. i see it. Get back to ya.
edit on 27-11-2010 by russ1969 because: added content

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Usa could cool down all these things if they wanted too.

Who is creating the unrest if this is true?

link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Why doesnt everyone in the world and including the USA stay on their own patch of dirt and mind their own business. If i was an alien in space i would say No Way we're visiting ! Earthlings are just uncivilized Tribal feuding barbarians. We're all screwed you know !! Live in peace !!

link   
reply to post by russ1969

Ya I went back and did sorry about that

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

mark my words, war by the 6th Dec 2010, no getting by it this time Seoul wants revenge, and KJU needs to prove him self, China wants Taiwan, the drums of war are beating, and swords are drawn.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just feel like when I wake up in the morning tomorrow, something, someone, or somewhere near the Koreas will be bombed and burning. I hope not but things seem to be getting worse and the US is not going to stop their exercises, no way. Everyone is just waiting for someone to make the next move, and they all probably secretly want the move to be made.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't believe this will just go away. The united states is broke and cannot pay NK bribe like last time.

When I used to go to Korea for work I realizedbthe Koreans are a very emotional people, the hillbillies of Asia. And now there's another blood feud coming.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

South Korea said Thursday that it will strengthen its rules of engagement in the Yellow Sea. South Korean marine forces based in five islands near North Korea and the disputed Northern Limit Line also will be reinforced, a government spokesman said.

lets see North Korea said one more incident and it's all out war, and now we have war games which they've warned about, and now South Korea is gonna be more strict about it's borders which are disputed! Things aren't gonna be good!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
I just feel like when I wake up in the morning tomorrow, something, someone, or somewhere near the Koreas will be bombed and burning. I hope not but things seem to be getting worse and the US is not going to stop their exercises, no way. Everyone is just waiting for someone to make the next move, and they all probably secretly want the move to be made.

Agreed. Every morning for the past week I woken up and checked CNN to see if World War 3 has started yet. Things are really looking grim over there. Once the carrier arrives we will see if North Korea will truly follow through with their threats or not.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Who is creating the unrest if this is true?

who created this mess????

The US did, they pulled a false flag
over on South Korea just like they did
Americans on 9/11. Same players,
just different bad guys incriminated.
This time it's not a man in a cave,
It's mad man with nukes.

The reason why the SK Chenoen sank
was not due to a normal torpedo.
There was no hole in the side of the SK
ship yet it ripped apart. This is due to a
new torpedo that may have come from a Virginia Class US
Submarine. This type torpedo does not
hit the side of the ship but rather detonates
directly underneath the ship to rip it open.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2fc061f40a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f62e7996b5b4.jpg[/atsimg]

this type torpedo was shown in the National Geographic
Documentary on the Virginia Class Submarine in
the youtube clip below at the 5:45 mark

To my knowledge, North Korea does not
have this type torpedo in it's arsenal which
means that it was either a US torpedo
or one of it's allies. But it was still blamed
on North Korea.

When there are no more boogie men
in the world

one has to be created to stroke
the US Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think the real problem here is that the South Korean Foreign Minister Kim Sung-hwan resigned after the exchange of fire. The people are upset because their government hasn't done anything about it. It is North Korean Government, That is Trying to Bring the United States Into this.

We Really have no choice. If south Korea needs our help, Then we as their allies will help them. If China has a problem with it they can get help from Russia. But does anyone really think that China Wants a war On that scale?

North Korea is considered one of the biggest threats to global piece and is a long-time adversary of the United States. We have been down this road before, But be assured, This time around will be different. Someones about to get squeezed. China will have to deal with this issue without causing war. If they want to be a super power, Then they better not give it up now,A major war would knock them back to the stone ages. We would take it to them And hard.Then we will all appreciate the black projects that our government spends billions on.

If the government would just give more to it's people, Then we wouldnt put up so much fuss about what they do.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The protestors and rioters are communist activists who have been working to get South Korea and North Korea united under communism forever. They are a tiny minority of South Korea's population who do not want to be ruled, oppressed and starved to death, under Nor Korea's government .

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Would knock China back into the stone ages? huh? We wouldln't invade China even if they backed North Korea. They MAY send troops etc. over to help but it wouldn't blast them back into the stone ages

Plus your acting like even if we did invade China which won't happen for a number of reasons, number one because they have nukes, two because there the most populated country in the world, etc. No they wouldn't be in the stone ages.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is going to get ugly, and fast. I too have woke up everyday since the shelling to see if all out war has broken out. KJI is on his way out, which makes him even more dangerous. He has nothing to lose and everything to prove. With the South Koreans now rioting I feel that the government may very well be backed into a corner and forced to retaliate, and no way in hell does the US back down and not send the USS George Washington to the Yellow Sea. Time to get your game face on.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

looks like fun...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

exactly, both sides are tense, both sides are fed up with each other, and both sides are out for blood, this is going to get ugle fast!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

damn..... thats intense..... why was this video not shown on CNN I wonder?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join