It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story to start,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS!
For a long time now (2 years maybe?) I have enjoyed reading this website whenever I am looking for something different. Most of the time it is late and I am tired but I'll check here to make sure the world did not stop spinning before I go to sleep (often delaying my sleep for hours). I do not like watching the news on TV for my information because I do not like the way it is presented.

Even with all of the threads that are completely useless or full of speculation or misinformation (which I still read for fun) you still can find many thought provoking threads here on ATS. Just about every forum has a lot of muck to filter through and ATS is no exception.

The number one reason I come back to this site is with out a doubt the threads that show absolute evidence of research. These threads carry links to sources and intelligent complete thoughts. I really appreciate the work these people do to make us really see where they are coming from and question what we think we know. The best part is these posts often have well written replies that can hold the same importance as the original post.
Please keep up the great work.

I figured I would introduce myself with a story. This story is about a moment in my life that set off a long line of questions about the reality we all share.
I was about 10 years old (22 now) on a camping trip with my mother and cousin and her boyfriend Charlie (they were all between 35-40 years old). Charlie is one of those free spirits you meet rarely. He came up with an idea to keep me entertained. He told me about dousing and how people used to douse for water. He handed me a stick that was in the traditional Y shape. I was shown a silver dollar that he had and was told that he was going to bury it in the sand and wanted me to try and find it with my dousing rod. I held the dousing rod in both hands as he showed me and went off to find the silver dollar. Charlie had told me the stick would tell me where it's at as long as my mind is focused on it. He told me that I would feel the stick pull down when I'm above it. Here is where it got weird for me. I walked right over to the very spot he buried the coin immediately. The stick pulled down and I could feel it when I was above it. To my surprise I brushed my food over the sand in one motion and uncovered the coin completely from the sand. It is important to note that I did not see him bury the silver dollar and it was not possible to see a difference in the sand where it was at.

Some time has gone by since that day. About 5 years ago my cousin passed away from pneumonia that was not taken care of in time. I have not seen Charlie more than maybe once since then. My mother sees him about 2 times a year. She told me that even to this day he tells everyone that story with a great "Story Teller" style that gives it a mystic feel. The thing that really blows me away is he tells people that he actually SAW the stick move. That let me know that the stick did move for sure.

Ever since then I have held an open mind to things that are unknown to me. I have no idea what forces were involved when I found that coin. I know that whatever it was it is not supposed to be possible aside from the extremely rare coincidences that could happen.

Probably a rather lengthy thread for an introduction but I figure it's a good story and someone may actually read the entire thing. Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors that may exist.

Thanks for a long time of entertainment and I am happy to get involved.

-(i)Grut

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iGrut

Hi iGrut, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hello, welcome to ATS, and thanks for that great story! What an experience!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iGrut

Hello iGrut, cool story. I hope you find what you are looking for here on ATS. Good luck to you! Did you keep that silver dollar?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iGrut

Hey there iGrut,

I love that story ... and the fact that it has helped to shape the way you and he think about such things in your own ways ... brilliant.

I think you will get a lot from becoming a member of ATS ... I agree it is a fantastic source of news and trivia alike. See you on the boards and enjoy the time you spend here.

Woody

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thank you all for the great welcome. I appreciate the time taken to read my story and the comments. SayonaraJupiter I did not keep the coin but I did keep the dousing rod. Since then I have moved a few times and it was lost. Though if the time comes that I need to douse I'm sure I'll find the right stick again haha.

top topics

join