It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expats recalled as North Korea prepares for war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by Aim64C

really you support South korea?? why/?

Because I've been there a few times and been to the DMZ - have some pictures of the room used for talks between North and South Korea. No, you'll never get to see it on your DMZ tour.

Because I see how South Korea lives in peace with the rest of the world, as well as provides excellent goods and services from a business standpoint.

do you live under a bridge?

Why do you ask? Are you offering a more suitable residence?

or just drink the US propagandhi cool-aide?

Here's the question you need to ask yourself: "Why do I not support South Korea?"

Is it because the U.S. supports South Korea? If that's the case, then it's not a matter of who is drinking the kool-ade, but what flavor you're drinking.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
c'mon...north korea has killed south koreans before, with no counterattack...so nothing is going to happen now. everybody knows that north korea is the bad ass, and south korea has too much money to lose to strike back. they'll be some type of wimpy settlement and the NK will have gotten away with another attack. china isn't going to do crap, because they don't want to lose money either. besides, they are too busy with their plan to economically bust the U.S., so they'll let america spend all the money they want to, trying to "calm both sides down"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Meanwhile on CNN

Can't see full out war breaking war although technically that never ended at the end of the Korean War. The US will put their toys in plain sight to further aggravate a situation and Kim Jong-il will reitre for the weekend with bourbon and crappy american television.

brill

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I fear for North Korea getting bad marks for not conforming to the world economy
and making toaster ovens instead of potentially becoming an atomic wasteland.

To late to knock out the offending North Korean gun positions bad defense policy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I didn't think NK was doing anything but having a tantrum in preparation for demanding money,food and technology like he did with Clinton.

The fact that NK is pulling back the slave labor he's farmed out around the world is really a bad sign.

He might be serious this time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by Aim64C

really you support South korea?? why/?

Because I've been there a few times and been to the DMZ - have some pictures of the room used for talks between North and South Korea. No, you'll never get to see it on your DMZ tour.

Because I see how South Korea lives in peace with the rest of the world, as well as provides excellent goods and services from a business standpoint.

do you live under a bridge?

Why do you ask? Are you offering a more suitable residence?

or just drink the US propagandhi cool-aide?

Here's the question you need to ask yourself: "Why do I not support South Korea?"

Is it because the U.S. supports South Korea? If that's the case, then it's not a matter of who is drinking the kool-ade, but what flavor you're drinking.

oh ok so they make goods and services, sure wonderfull.
how are they peaceful sinking their own ships blaming someone else? and running war games near borders they are warned to stay away from? I dont see that as peaceful, anyway the only reason that I can see you support them is they make good so well I guess you must support most everyone then?

and to your last ? why do you not support S korea?
I dont really care I asked Y u supported them.
you rhetoric is laughable and typical.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon...north korea has killed south koreans before, with no counterattack...so nothing is going to happen now. everybody knows that north korea is the bad ass, and south korea has too much money to lose to strike back. they'll be some type of wimpy settlement and the NK will have gotten away with another attack. china isn't going to do crap, because they don't want to lose money either. besides, they are too busy with their plan to economically bust the U.S., so they'll let america spend all the money they want to, trying to "calm both sides down"

thats one good post..

unless this citizen recall of N Korea was not planned, the N Korean's seem to be getting very ready. the same with S Korea their defense minister must have quit for a reason.
edit on 11/27/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
North Korea recalling its overseas workers is not a good sign, at all.

Still, it is only just a "sign"; and could be significant of nothing more than part of NK's plan.

As to the future?

I can almost see China, after "intense" talks with NK, and a number of "secret" talks with Russia, Japan, and the US, essentially washing its hands of NK; although China will present its decision to the NK government as what will be perceived as carte blanche to attack/invade SK.

What the North won't realize, until too late, is that China will have sold them out.

NK will be quickly defeated, the Stalinist regime will end, North and South will be reunited under the South Korean government (a la East and West Germany); and China will be rid of a drain on its economy and thorn in its political side.

In exchange, the West quietly concedes Tiawan to eventual re-absorbtion into the Chinese mainland (likely with assurances of some form of automomy, a la Hong Kong. Thus, China gains an additional "cylinder" for its economic engine, and redresses an old wound to its national pride.

And the World still turns.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

They didn't sink their own ship. Why would they do that?
Here is where you say "false flag"and I say "for what?" What came of it?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Wrong.
They can never reunite. North Korea is (still) there for a reason, they are a buffer between the U.S. and China.
50 years at odds, I'm not sure what will happen bit it won't be a fairy tale ending.
Also I'm not sure, China might wash their hands of them, but probably not. They are probably hoping they will back down and continue on as always.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stimmy

Originally posted by zcflint05
This is disconcerting to say the least--we do not need a full-scale conflict with NK right now but we are legally and morally obligated to protect SK due to our agreement at the end of the Korean War. Maybe "Baba Vanga" had it right about Nov 2010 being the start of WW 3--if this starts to get more serious, I'm pulling my family out of the large city we're in, head about 2 hours north into the rural part of the state.

Just make sure you move out before everyone else, dont wait around! Im 16 and live my parents in a small village in the English countryside, anyone know what sort of blast/fallout radious nukes tend to have these days? Im in the countryside like i said but only a 20min drive from the nearest large town/city
edit on 27/11/2010 by stimmy because: (no reason given)

Hi, which village are you in, we might be neighbours lol?

Remember, a prime target for nukes here in the UK would be RAF Croughton then places like Oxford, Reading etc. If we're talking megaton nukes, then get at least 30+ miles away from these areas!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just a gut felling but maybe the TBTB have authorized a single nuke strike to achieve certain goals.

Thing aren't looking good here.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Just a gut felling but maybe the TBTB have authorized a single nuke strike to achieve certain goals.

Thing aren't looking good here.

Silly question, what does TBTB stand for lol?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

c'mon...north korea has killed south koreans before, with no counterattack...so nothing is going to happen now.

North Korea has never actually struck South Korea before. In fact, it has only been recently that casualties have been seen in any real amount. The two Koreas really hate the idea of killing their own family. I am searching for a source, but I have been told of a clash between North and South Korean vessels where the two ships actually got within grappling range and the resulting conflict resulted in the replacement of everything in the ships' inventory spare for weapons and ammunition - as I have been told in various briefings while in Korea, dealing with their history. I've yet to come across a viable link, if anyone can google-master one up, that'd be nice.

There is no precedent for this type of attack since the Armistice was signed.

everybody knows that north korea is the bad ass, and south korea has too much money to lose to strike back.

A lot of South Korea's money keeps going into preparing for a war that could happen tomorrow or a hundred years from now, if at all. It would not at all be an unwise business choice to take this opportunity to remove North Korea as a practical military threat.

reply to post by -W1LL

how are they peaceful sinking their own ships blaming someone else?

Well, in all honesty, I can't argue with this line of logic. It's like trying to hold a discussion about Martin Luther King Jr. and insinuating he couldn't have been all that good of a person because he hired someone to assassinate him and thereby make him a martyr.

That's not what the evidence suggests happened. However, I cannot argue with faith in an alternative explanation - supported by evidence or not.

I'm here to tell you, there is no evidence out there that suggests South Korea sank their own ship via intention or accident. I have heard the theory that it was a german-made torpedo, but I never saw any evidence to support it.

and running war games near borders they are warned to stay away from?

The war games have been going on for over half a century - over twice as long as I've been alive. I have participated in these exercises annually for the past three years - and am quite literally inheriting a war fought by my grandfather.

The country is also very small - this is hard for most Americans to understand. We think of a country and we think of ourselves - an entire friggin' continent (or, a significant portion of it - Canada will argue this point, and Mexico is too busy dealing with drug trafficking to care). This country has the landmass of Indiana - one of our lighter-weight states (in terms of land mass). You can't hold war games in South Korea and not be "close" to some border or another.

The war games are nothing new. They are just being used in an attempt to justify their unreasonable behavior.

I dont see that as peaceful, anyway the only reason that I can see you support them is they make good so well I guess you must support most everyone then?

Take a look at your cellular phone. The one you probably fear "TPTB" track you with. Statistically, it's rather likely to be an LG or Samsung. That's Korean, my friend. Take a look behind your refrigerator on the compressor - again, LG or Samsung are both likely (even GE subcontracts to LG and Samsung).

They are participants in the global community. Every time I go there, it's always nice to be out and around with the locals. They generally enjoy interacting with foreigners and are wonderful hosts. There are some differences in culture you have to watch out for (such as - once you hand a Korean your money, the transaction is complete; you are happy and they are happy, buyer beware is the rule of the land) - but it's a great place. The only detractors would be their -developing- waste treatment capabilities, kimchi-breath, and the mass transit systems are a little overwhelming, at first.

If you ever get a chance to go there - I highly recommend it. It's about the safest place you can visit as an American, honestly - you would have to try really hard to get yourself into trouble.

There's also the fellowship shared between our Navy and theirs - we'll order each other drinks in bars, sing karaoke drunk (it's all about participation, there - get up and sing the ABCs - they just want everyone to have a good time), etc. They are like our little brothers - and I'd be up in arms if we did not support them (yes, this is an adequate analogy - mostly because the vast majority of their Navy is comprised of 18-24 year olds fulfilling their mandatory two-years of service, never making it past E-3; many of us have twice the service length in and much of our Navy is comprised of E-4s and 5s - especially the Reserves).

At the end of the day, when push comes to shove - I have that tie to the South Koreans that would be evil to not support and defend. In that regard - it matters little to me if South Korea instigated actions or not. I have shared meals with those people and participated in their culture that they were more than willing to share with others in a peaceful and honest manner. I care about those people as I would care about many of my own friends and family.

and to your last ? why do you not support S korea?
I dont really care I asked Y u supported them.
you rhetoric is laughable and typical.

It was a deeper question. Why participate in group discussion if you are not going to use the views of others to reflect on yourself?

Why do you not support South Korea?

It would seem to me that you simply wish to be different - to go against the grain and be an individual. It's the logical fallacy that "if I believe the opposite of what the majority believe, then I am thinking for myself." You're still using the views of the majority to justify your own rather than utilizing your own thoughts - you're just ensuring you arrive at the opposite conclusion.

A sheep that walks in the opposite direction of the sheep around it is not a shepherd or aware of anything other than what other sheep are doing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There may be another side to this.

The NK labourers I'm aware of in Russia are predominantly lumber camps in the Amur and Primorsky Krai Oblasts. Russia granted NK several parcels of forest to harvest in isolated areas, and they set up self contained residences - company towns, effectively, for anyone familiar with remote operations.

I can see two scenarios for withdrawing people from those areas now:

1) Russia has canceled the contracts. Given that their continued existance is a form of aid, that's not too unlikely.

or:

2) It's winter. Perhaps they always come home at this time of year? A lot of logging operations in remote areas cease during the winter months.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

What the North won't realize, until too late, is that China will have sold them out.

NK will be quickly defeated, the Stalinist regime will end, North and South will be reunited under the South Korean government (a la East and West Germany); and China will be rid of a drain on its economy and thorn in its political side.

In exchange, the West quietly concedes Tiawan to eventual re-absorbtion into the Chinese mainland (likely with assurances of some form of automomy, a la Hong Kong. Thus, China gains an additional "cylinder" for its economic engine, and redresses an old wound to its national pride.

Now this makes a lot of sense, China already has a lot of economic relations with South Korea, they spend a lot of money keeping North Korean illegal aliens out of China, NK is basically like a boorish in-law that won't move out, I think they have supported them for old times sake and to keep the US dominated SK away from their border. But now SK is dominated just as much by China economically, China is almost equal with the US economically and militarily, they don't need NK as a buffer zone, and they would coming out smiling like roses if they got Taiwan in the deal. I can see a re-united Korea that would be under China's sphere of influence more than the the US sphere, just think of all the trade that could be taking place between China and Seoul through the China/Korea border that isn't happening because the insane "dear leader" is in the way. Heck China might even invite this new NK kid President to visit and while he is out of NK the south attacks the NK command structure, the kid surrenders to the south, and it's a done deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Vice Chairman of the World George Soros has already stated China needs to take a bigger role on the world stage, I perceive that as a green light for the above plan, I wonder what Chairman of the World David Rockefeller has said about it?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stimmy

Originally posted by zcflint05
This is disconcerting to say the least--we do not need a full-scale conflict with NK right now but we are legally and morally obligated to protect SK due to our agreement at the end of the Korean War. Maybe "Baba Vanga" had it right about Nov 2010 being the start of WW 3--if this starts to get more serious, I'm pulling my family out of the large city we're in, head about 2 hours north into the rural part of the state.

Just make sure you move out before everyone else, dont wait around! Im 16 and live my parents in a small village in the English countryside, anyone know what sort of blast/fallout radious nukes tend to have these days? Im in the countryside like i said but only a 20min drive from the nearest large town/city
edit on 27/11/2010 by stimmy because: (no reason given)
A fifty mile radius and this does not count the wind that blows the fallout all over. 50 mile radius, your history. If the blast doesn't get you the radiation will. Take a look at nagasaki and hiroshima and those were nothing compared to todays standards. You better know where the wind is going when blowing all that fallout around. Be 80 miles away or farther from a blast and you will not be effected by the bomb. The only thing you have to worry about is which way the fallout is carried by the wind. The rule of thump for a nuke. If you see the blast, kiss your a## goodbye.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

I guess it is time to for the US to settle unfinished business with the little guy. It is not going to be pretty.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nothing big is going to happen over there. This stuff is only drills and all A.T.S fell for it, just because of the propaganda that is put on videos these days. I HAVE PROOF, HERE IT IS. The propaganda video. See it must be true.
We do these drills every year and KIMME throws a fit and everyone says. Oh, NO, a world war 3 will happen. Are you not tired of the same ole retoric every year from KIMME when we do these drills. I hear the same thing every year when we go over there and do drills. People on here always assume the worsed.
edit on 27-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join