It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do China/Russia want a war of attrition between US and NK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Our forces could be seen in two different lights.

A battle hardened force, trained on the battlefield of war. Equipment and tactics devoloped from combat experience.

Or a battle weary force, mentally pushed to the limit, epuipment maintenance taking a horrendous toll on man and machine. Spread thin, and with a little prod or push (ahem, simultaneeous operations against NK and Iran/Lebanon/Syria?), could they see a military pushed over the edge.

The Russians could take half of Europe, and we would have nothing to respond with.

The US has the advatage with Technology. But the technology is usless if it is parked on the tarmac, or maint. shed, waiting for maintenance.

I have no evidence for my theory, just wild speculation.

But a two year war now with NK and/or Iran, would leave Taiwan/Europe vulnerable.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

The US have allies, Russia would not be able to invade Europe because we have NATO and also the EU. I've read a few threads here on ATS on the NK/SK conflict and apparently quite a few posters would like to see a full blown conflict. The outcome would be horrible, NK would be like a cornered dog and we all know how they act and react. Hopefully China will put some restraint on NK and talk sense with them or use other means of persuasion. New toys for Kim maybe, something that goes blam-blam and boom mmm
edit on 26-11-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Admire the fact that your first instinct would be to help if someone tried to invade over here, but what makes you so sure Russia could just stroll in here and take half of our land without gettin a bloody nose for trying?

I totally get your point though, here in Britain our forces are stretched already and theres massive cuts on the way so fighting multiple wars all over the place and over-stretching the armed forces to critical point would be a real and scary possibility if multiple more wars were fought simultaneously. Assuming its the same for US but considering the massive size of your forces I wouldnt know how much it would take to stretch them too far.

Good point well raised though

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by abaddon6

Yes, the US has Allies. But their militaries are currenly under the prospect of HUGE cuts in defence spending.

MIght not seem like much of a crack in the armor, but we are looking from a Westerners perspective. Maybe from where they are standing, it looks like diamonds and gold.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I'm not so sure Russia would side against us with NK, China possibly but Russia is actually closer to the South these days than the North due to financial reasons and trade.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

But a two year war now with NK and/or Iran, would leave Taiwan/Europe vulnerable.

We have a winner! China is behind every move NK makes. When we are really distracted by North Korea, China will take Taiwan by force and Russia will move against Israel with Iran and its allies coming in from the North, east and south. Its the Gog-Magog war before Armageddon. Israel we know will win and China does too. So many die in these wars that the world will stop for a second while the Anti-Christ cools the world leaders down from the brink of Armageddon for 3.5 years.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I dont think so. Russia was furious with North Korea this week over it's temper tantrum. Dont forget this is Russia's back yard too. Any nuclear fallout from the conflict would hit them and also China. I dont think China wants a war with the US who after all is one of their biggest commerce investments. Not nice to bomb to smithereens a country who owes you money. I think China is getting annoyed themselves with North Korea. I can easily see China deciding enough is enough and send in troops to North Korea to overthrow Kimmy and his cronies and annex North Korea to their own. I also think Russia, US and other world countries wouls turn a blindb eye to this. A secret pact perhaps, China takes over North Korea but leaves Taiwan alone? I would say that was a fair deal, better than WW3 anyday!

new topics

top topics

join