It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS Threads are getting hard to follow !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How about we have a seperate folder/forum for all the wikileaks threads they are getting hard to follow and go waaaay off topic..

BAHUMBAG

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If you start doing all the folders everybody wants then I want a WIKILEAKS forums/folder sooo alllll the wikileaks threads can be all in one place... Hell I want a THECINIC forum/folder and only i can decide who posts in it... quit whining

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yeah.. I agree with you on this. Also adjusting the search function to list results by the date created newest to oldest might help eliminate duplicate posts.
edit on 26-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I completely agree that we really need a Wikileak forum.

If any topic needs one, its Wikileaks.

When and if the key is released I will be posting them, or some of them on the forum and there will be thousands. That is. Even with upcoming leaks we will need them to be all in one spot.

The threads are all over the place as it is.

Search shows 100 results for threads with Wikileaks in the title currently on ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well maybe just use the T&C and close threads where one already exists..
Same for the Korean threads..
I don't understand why so many threads are allowed to stay open on the same subjects..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No they're very easy to follow. I notice them everyday, popping up in the same manner every other thread does and I do chose to go into them as this is a subject I support enormously.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Just because a subject line has wikileaks in it, or North Korea etc. and there are multiple threads with different content and discussions does not mean that they should all be closed and directed to one massive thread.

That should only happen if each discussion is an exact duplicate of another.

If ATS followed your logic here there would be only 50 or so super-massive threads on everything where everything else is closed and directed to.

Personally I really like having multiple threads on related subjects, trying to navigate a massive thread with thousands of replies to find updates and new info is much more hard to follow than multiple threads.

Leave it just the way it is please. and thanks.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I know what you mean but most do end up talking about the same things..
Wish they could merge and share flags

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wish I would have read your thread all the way through pre having wrote my thread...

I do completely agree...

my thread

well... let me see what I can start....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yah this is a mess, mods need to step in and clean things up. All I see is posts by wanna be mods telling me the thread is elsewhere, its a race to stupid quite frankly. Cmon ATS the breaking events has 4/5 top articles with basically the same thing and it makes it tough to follow.

brill
edit on 28-11-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well I'm not having any problems following all this tomfoolery but I can see it getting out of control real quick like.

What I'm having trouble with ATM is getting server error pages on only the Wikileaks threads??? And it just started happening a few minutes ago, hmmmmm.

Could ATS be being silenced by DHS? IDK, but it just started when I saw a thread about the Leaked Doc's online.

Curious anybody else notice this?

Well everything is working fine again, might've been some server hiccup here on the West Coast...sorry but it just raised my alarms a little bit

edit on 28-11-2010 by Springheel Jack because: update

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Compartment Department

While I am not (and cannot be) speaking officially (since it's not my call), I suspect a WikiLeaks Forum might have to get in line behind the California Missile Sighting Forum and Yeonpyeong Island Shelling Forum.

On a slightly less flippant note, people call for new forums a lot around here, but they're not always the best idea. In fact, isolating topics in a separate forum more often than not is the "kiss of death" for a subject, because a surprisingly large percentage of members don't follow specialty forums, even those who have a special interest in such forums. Heck, more than a few times I've even seen people who passionately lobbied for such forums in the past abandon them over the years.

The decision to create new forums is up to the administrative staff, and they're usually rather reserved about creating them, because let's face it: dozens of extra forums aren't necessarily going to make information easier to find.

Mind you, I personally used to advocate for new forums and subforums all the time, much to the annoyance of the ownership, I'm sure (they have the patience of Job). But over time I've come to see the wisdom of the "sink or swim" approach to the various subjects of interest that make headlines on ATS.

Granted, it's not up to me. Maybe WikiLeaks will indeed prove to be a significant and persistent enough subject to warrant its own forum, and the ATS brass may create such a forum.

But if they don't, I wouldn't take it the wrong way.

As for massive numbers of threads, they are virtually guaranteed whenever big news hits. Forum mods will, at their discretion, close obvious duplicates, but what constitutes a duplicate is often a matter of opinion.

Meanwhile, small numbers of very long threads have their own problems, mainly people not reading them and chiming in again and again with the same comments, which leads to even more of the same.

Ultimately, forums and threads rise or fall based on their popularity with the membership, a phenomenon that is closer to pure democracy than probably anything else on ATS or the world at large. Hardly perfect, but better than some centralized Ministry Of Truth deciding what you should see.

My tuppence, YMMV.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

On a slightly less flippant note, people call for new forums a lot around here ...

I like where you're going with this ... a "New Forum" forum.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I like where you're going with this ... a "New Forum" forum.

Now THAT'S an idea I can get behind.

Petition time! Let us march on ATS Headquarters, brothers and sisters.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

True they do ask for them a lot BUT wikileaks is like a second world of information and isn't one event, but something that stands to continue making news (hopefully).

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reposted from all the other freaking wikileaks threads:

I also wonder how does one person, or one 'site' or one 'group' come up with all of these classified documents? The answer is they don't.

Once again, we are being manipulated by TPTB. What do they expect to gain from this release of documents? Answer...more instability, and there is already plenty of that going around. Riots in the street are nothing new, and the immediate reason for those riots vary. But one thing is certain. When the people rise up, TPTB will crack down.

As far as what could cause global anarchy? The answer is...not one thing. Hot buttons vary, by region, religion, technology...etc. I guess you would need to have a lot of chaos going on all over if your ultimate goal was order.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Hey I'm not saying it wouldn't work, just that it's not necessarily a slam-dunk success.

Having extensive, firsthand experience with the now-defunct PTS (a separate political board for ATS), which seemed like a good idea at the time, I can attest that sequestering information doesn't always work out as planned.

Politics is a broad category that has always been popular with ATS members. Indeed, we can't seem to keep politics out of non-political forums, despite many well-meaning efforts to do so.

It just turned out most people don't like jumping through extra hoops to get information. Admittedly, a separate forum doesn't seem like much of a hoop, but ATS has accumulated years of data that suggests even a single extra mouseclick can be A Bridge Too Far when it comes to reader interest on the Internet.

I'm also not suggesting members shouldn't ask for new forums, in case I came across wrong about that. :shk:

I'm just recommending not getting too upset if the ATS Powers That Be don't create them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Well, as you have seen it first hand, you probably know better than me. I can see how it could have the opposite of the intended result. I generally just go to recent posts and get everything together anyway. I honestly don't see a big problem with leaving it as it is, if it adds a step to getting to the info, I agree, I personally am probably happier with how it is now.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
At first I was suggesting this as per the out cry for a korea forum/folder.

My thinking would be why a korea forum/folder when a wikileaks one would be WAAAAY more important to most over the korea issue...

I personally don't like wikileaks or assange but it would make more sense to have a wikileaks folder then a korea one.

The people have spoken though.....

I can't believe the thread got the attention it did, power to the people......

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
As for massive numbers of threads, they are virtually guaranteed whenever big news hits. Forum mods will, at their discretion, close obvious duplicates, but what constitutes a duplicate is often a matter of opinion.

Millions of documents (past and future) on the brew, and probably hundreds of threads regarding each one, or at least 40% of them. I hope Wikileaks gets its own forum to keep everything in one spot.

A thread of mine got deleted, the thread was about the actual release (not pre release) of the documents. I was in the Wikileaks chatroom when the news broke, I immediately posted a thread about it linking the site, and also a screenshot to prove that its up. The screenshot was needed as many people across the world (and more than half in the Wikileaks chatroom) were getting a 404 error.

My thread got deleted, I was told that it was a duplicate, when it was not as it would have been impossible as I got the news from the mouth of Wikileaks staff themselves (LIVE), before the Tweets went out. Personally I was very annoyed at this, water off a ducks back I suppose, but I was very annoyed. I searched the forum to find that there was not a thread about it at all. Not even a post within the time frame that I had posted the thread. It's not nice when you spend a week without having any good sleep in a Wikileak chatroom to get the news so you can be the first one on ATS to post it, then have it removed.

If only there was a forum for Wikileaks, then the MOD would not have assumed it was a duplicate thread
edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join