It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in my house! (Updated Another Visit!!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
No pics, sorry guys.

Here's the story:

Late last night, around ten-forty-five-ish, I had to go out back to our shed, in the rain, to get a bolt for my dad. Our shed is small and is falling apart. It's kinda wierd that we have a shed, cause I live in the city. (anyone been to San Antonio? Alamo Heights for those who have) So I'm out there in the rain approaching the shed, when something inside moves. I pause. It didn't sound like a rat or a cat, bigger, like a dog. A big one. So I go inside, without a flashlight, hurriedly searching for the nut. (the shed has no lighting). I finally get the nut, and as I leave, I hear it again, louder, from behind(!!) the shed.

So I was throughly scared, but it didn't end there.

I'm lying in my bed, watching TV, around midnite, When something approaches my doorway. At first I took it to be my little sister, as I could not make out the gender or any features, just the size. Then I realized my sister was at my cousin's house. I reach for my light, and IT WON'T TURN ON! I'm staring at this....thing for a good fifteen seconds. It moves away silently, and then my light turns on. I run to my door and look in the hall, but nothing's there....

Freaked me out throughly.

[edit on 7-15-2004 by mig12]

[edit on 17-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It could have been a feral animal of some kind. Probably a dog, or possibly a bobcat or lynx. I've heard of people having such things as pets (even panthers etc) and when they realise how dangerous they are, just dump the creature in the wilds. Of course they will see a city as a source of food, and visit at night.

Of course it could even have been a chupacabra

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The two incidents could be unrelated. My first thought about the shed was racoon. Do you have racoons in MN? The other, I have had experience with. It sounds like some type of spirit, the ones I encountered when I was younger, were like shadows that could move things and people. Very scary. Was it like that?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think the "Nut" you were looking for is you for going into that shed with no light!... At least you should had a tire iron with ya!

Personally I think you get the "Big Balls" award for going in there!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The first one sounds like a skunk or racoon or other feral animal trying to get out of the rain via your shed.

The second one is pretty freaky though!

Does the light ever do the whole "Im not gonna turn on" thing regularly? Or is this the only time?

Ive had something KINDA like that happen, but not with the perfectly placed "Lightbulb of NOT-TURNING-ON-NESS"!

Ever had anything like this happen before?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
freaky could of been one of those shadow animals that are supposed to bring death... i heard about it from a big paranormal/legend freak...but i dont know

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If the light wouldn't turn on.... total E.T.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The second encounter sounds like something to worry about. How often does your light decide to not turn on? Also, did you check the rest of the house or just the hallway?

That would absolutely scare the **** out of me. I would definitely not be getting any sleep after something like that happened.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm familar with San Antonio and Alamo Heights. More than likely no wild animals... too city, probably a cat or dog. Or ghost!

Or worse yet.. a snake. All the recent rains have drove them out of their holes.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The only problem with the things in the shed, is that, there was nothing to my knowledge in the shed when I went in, and if it somehow had gotten around back, it would have had to run into me.

No, para, I was too sleepy to be scared at the time, as I was just up for 36 straight hours. Just the hall was checked.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It could have been a feral animal of some kind. Probably a dog, or possibly a bobcat or lynx. I've heard of people having such things as pets (even panthers etc) and when they realise how dangerous they are, just dump the creature in the wilds. Of course they will see a city as a source of food, and visit at night.

Now now dont generalize people , im one of these individuals you speak of and i highly doubt ill be dumping any of my 2 grand a pop kitties any time soon. Additionally as to the how dangerous they are yes some cats are dangerous those above 50 pounds i do not reccomend as they could hurt you in play however once declawed they are less harmful then your average dog given the bite radius on most large felines is actually quite smaller then that of your average lab.

On a side note related to your story i had a similiar episode when i was probably 16. I was taking a nap on the couch and i woke up and noticed a little kid outside the front door , i thought it was a friend of mines little brother who hung out with us from time to time. I looked over at my parents and asked why they dint let him in and they said they didnt hear him knock , when i looked back the little boy was gone. The house i gre up in was in the country about 2 miles from the nearest subdivision and a quarter of a mile from the nearest neighbor so its not like a kid would sneak up knock on the door and run for fun ( the house was just a little to far out in the country for that kinda crap ) That was over 20 years ago and i never saw the little figure anywhere else until, Now that im much older i bought a house about a quarter of a mile from the house i grew up in and odly enough ive seen that same little figure several times since i moved back. I of course blow it off as reflectins in the glass playing tricks on my eyes which may be the case.

I did however find out from a neighbor that the story that basically the movie the ring happened down the road from me, the part about a kid being pushed into a well and left there to die part of the movie not the strange things happening and a movie poppin up part.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh, and no, that light is usually very reliable, and only did the " im not gonna turn on" thing that one time.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Could you provide a more indepth description of the second event, the one in the house? Did you have any tactile responses other than confusion and fear? Odor(s)? Sensations? Hot/cold/chilly/drafty/warm? Any major changes in temperature? Were you able to see anything descriptive? Did it enter your room at all? What direction did it move in? Are there bedrooms either from the direction it came in or the direction it went in? Did you pray upon seeing it? What happened immediately after it left and just prior to its arrival?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wasn't even really fearful, just kinda wierded out. No odors, my hair on my neck rose though. No temp change.Nothing descriptive, just a figure, clothed in a blanket. It had to have come from my little sister's bedroom, and it moved down the hall, I guess, towards the kitchen. I did not pray, I am an atheist. Just prior to its arrival, Chen Kenichi won on "Iron Chef". Just after it left, Aqua Teen Hunger Force started.

[edit on 7-2-2004 by mig12]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
How do you know it was clothed in a blanket? If you saw enough detail to know it was in a blanket, you should be able to describe something about the protruding parts. If it came from your little sister's bedroom, could it have been one of your parents?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I knew it was in a blanket cause I caught the tail end of it when the light turned on.

It couldn't have been my paents, cause they'd have to be like, 4 foot.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is your sis 4ft or thereabouts?

What do YOU think it was?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yea, although it was a bit smaller than her.

I have as to no idea of what it was...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Could it have been possible that your sister snuck back into the house to scare you as part of a prank concocted by her cousin and herself?

The first incident is most likely an animal, but the second does sound like a ghost of some sort.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Nah, my sister was over 40 miles away at the time.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join