It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Wal-Mart???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We were over my buddy's house last night really late, playing games after the whole Turkey Day feast and all. So, we figured, Wal-Mart is on our way home (it's one of the 24 hr ones), why don't we go see how bad the line is for some cheap TVs? (we were looking for one for her mom's nursing home room, better than what she has now)...

The sale is supposed to start at 5am. We get there about 3am. Now, we expected we might be too late to feasibly get one (i.e. line longer than the amount of cheap TVs they had).... What we DIDN'T expect, is that they would already be sold out, and rang up, purchased, and out the door.

WTF???

In the past, selling these items prior to 5am was something these folks could get fired for (I know, I worked for them during college years). Usually, the pallets are brought out, all wrapped up, and opened at 5am, to the first come, first severed crowd. Yet, at 3am, no such thing, all the items were mostly already sold out, etc. (for the sale starting at 5am)!!! WTF Wal-Mart???

Yes, yes, I know all about the evils of Wal-Mart, etc., blah-blah-blah...but getting a 19" LCD for $99 is something you just can't do elsewhere. We'll still get one for her, maybe even bigger (it's close though, so doesn't have to be big), depending on how the value is on what we find... Just angering though....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Gotta read the ad...the electronics sale started at 12 A.M., a second sale on toys, etc was at 5 A.M.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm also guessing that employees were able to snap up some of those things, put them on layaway or "back behind the counter" before any of the regular schmucks could get to them.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

I expected moderators from this site to be more investigative.... he could've at least bothered to ask.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

I was just saying...fine print and details! Madhouse out there anyway...got all mine done online, with a little searching you can find the same things online, lots of places waiving shipping too...to heck with lines and chaos!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

The weird part of it is, we DID ask. Would have been great if they said "Oh, the electronics sale started at midnight", but they didn't.....

My wife is usually the ad-checker, not me... Weirder part is, they have NEVER (that I can recall) done it in this format before...usually it all starts at 5am. Oh well, that's what we get for not checking the fine print I suppose.

When it's something I want (i.e. ME, not the Wife), I tend to be more thorough.... Thanks to those pointing out the details...I feel a bit better now...oddly.

EDIT: I just checked the ad again, and nope, it's clear that the TVs are in the 5am-11am sale, NOT the midnight one. The TVs I was looking at are all on the 5am-11am ad....so can't take it out on her (or me)...
edit on 26-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They haven't used this format before. They decided to do it as a crowd control measure. After having people literally trampled to death, they were looking at some serious liability law suits. So, they changed the format to avoid losing money.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's really confusing...big print at top say 5-11, but there are tabs on the bottom saying page 1-8 begins midnight (which is electronics)...my take...go in and talk to manager, make a fuss about calling beforehand...threaten to call their regional...they will probably cave. (My wife is an assistant there, thats why I had to reply in first place...she has been going crazy the last few days...lol). Good luck! P.S. check tigerdirect.com...they have some kick A$$ deals!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Huh...I was wrong...electronics were 5 a.m. I withdraw all comments and slink away...lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No problem...
I think the above poster had it right...they changed the format on us. Odd that I haven't heard more stories about the backlash though...

new topics

top topics

join