It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Blocked" region of outer space shows large object with satellites: Astronomer wanted!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have been checking wikisky.org for a few weeks, and stumbled on to what i believe is an anomaly.

If you go to wikisky, or skymap, type in "Virgo" then switch to the (iras) infrared mode, (zoom out a click or two)

you will notice a black box that seems to be deliberately put there.

if you zoom in on the "black box" you can clearly see a large object with at least two smaller objects orbiting it.

The coordinates for the anomaly are 13h48m19s, -08*35'41.7"

Any astronomers out there have any ideas??

BTW- 2 weeks ago the "black box" was much darker, and i was unable to see the object in question

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I see..

Interesting.

I also would like to know what an astronomer has to say.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

yeah i see it, looks like 3 smaller objects. ones just infront of the big one at the bottom left.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You mean this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afa1e5ff317c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25/11/2010 by drakus because: own stupidity

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

That seems to be it, yes.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

that's the one. i wonder why the black box was put around it...not very "hidden"....or, in plain sight?

edit: not the black box in the embedded photo...but in the zoomed out view around the entire anomaly
edit on 25-11-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow.

That is strange, but there is an explanation for it, I am sure....

Probe

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That's the cube of the universe.
Or
Something more sinister...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I'm sure there is an explanation too

on nov 9 nasa said they found a brown dwarf star in the virgo cluster which showed bright green in infrared. Their picture did not look like what i found. we shall see

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What is next to Arcturus? I'm not suspecting is anything special but it looks odd and is repeated to the upper left as a fainter image.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
here's an overview of the area...
www.glowfoto.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/822fcb70f26f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For what is worth, i think this is nothing more than a color inverted image of the original, it can happen with these automated softwares they use... sometimes in the post-processing of images errors happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Very interesting. Below is the image with a basic light levels enhancement...

(image link removed - see post below for embeded image)

*first time posting images here. Couldnt get it to embed
edit on 25-11-2010 by deniedtruth because: removed link

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deniedtruth

You can upload it to your media.abovetopsecret.com... box and then use the url they give you to embed it here.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ahh cool, only new here so im learning as i go. Thanks!

Here's the image with a simple light levels adjustment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2299f553ee1b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You found the allspark!

I know bad joke... But that definitely looks like something(s) were erased from the pic. Could very well be a planet with two moons.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There's no way for IRAS to "see" a "planet" like this, let alone moons...
It's probably a star, maybe a binary, maybe two stars that seem close from our perspective...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Using any type of online-based software to scan the sky for 'anomolies' has certain risks you should be aware of, the most important is that what shows up on a digitally stitched image of the sky may not really be what's in the sky.

Personally I was curious and wanted to help you but this is, supposedly, in the infrared...which would make it extremely difficult for me to find for you.

According to this incomplete list there's a confirmed brown dwarf in that area (12h 44m 20.2367s, -08° 40′ 16.837″) known as HW Virginis. Onto some further reading at The Planetary Society, HW Virginis is an eclipsing binary system which means that it is entirely feasible that the two exoplanets orbiting could appear in a straight line as they do in your provided images.

So, finally, with your given coordinates of 13h48m19s, -08*35'41.7" and the actual coordinates of 12h 44m 20.2367s, -08° 40′ 16.837″ it may be safe to say you 'discovered' HW Virginis.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
im sure the debunkers will be in shortly telling u its sun flares or a weather balloon

but yea very wierd.....so nasa HAVE CONFIRMED THERE IS A BROWN DWARF IN THAT AREA?
very interesting indeed s+f friend

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You have found the Borg mothership....too late, resistance is futile. How will we stop the Borg?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join