It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is This Not On American News?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hey Dave, dont tell anyone, but THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND YOU, when i saw the protests were getting nasty towards the house of commons, i ducked out and went for a pint and a ploughmans on the south bank. Watched it on the pub telly. Remember mums the word...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's a David & Goliath situation.... where would you hit the giant? More importantly WHO is the giant?
They're very crafty in making nobody accountable, but it ain't rocket science. It would have to be very personal, re: RBS chairman.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I think its very sad...
Years ago, people protested against real tryrrany...not for more ready cash, they protested government that was murdering in secret, the use of secret police and the repression of media, thought and freedom in its absolute form...not because they merely resented the fact that what they "expected" - the world to move around them and placate their wants - wasnt going to happen. These were protests where violence was a final resort, never instgated and destruction of property for #s and giggles was as unthinkable as murder. Now...a bunch of over priviliged kids want more..the demand more..and dont want to have to work or to pay to have more. They stand atop police vehicles kicking them in as if those people, working taxpayers, in machines taxes pay for, are to blame for their boredom, lack of insight and maturity. Selfish self centered pampered....nothing less.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Your secret is safe with me!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
yet ironically were Goliath, because were far bigger than them. I dont care what anyone says im just glad that there are people out there who are not so dumbed down that they will protest against something they know is fundementally wrong, God knows there are enough people (ok sheeple) in this world who take the crap and think that all that matters is telly, holidays and computer games, At least at their core, something human is alive in them.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

What nonsense, overpriviledged kids, are you serious? also are you familiar with the expression 'times change' We have moved on, priorities change.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Rosha

What nonsense, overpriviledged kids, are you serious? also are you familiar with the expression 'times change' We have moved on, priorities change.

Ahh so they've changed from doing things with planning, purpose, sound intent and meaning..to 'for the sake of it' with no purpose and no meaning? From the overcoming of real injustices and real tyrany to what exactly? An all out wild abandoned 'take what you want demand everything and who gives a *hit about the consequences to anyone else' thing?

These people have not just slept in warm beds..eaten today..have clothing... have families...have schools..have clean water...they also have ( even if only a little) ready cash..the ability to work...state hood in a relativly secure nation not full of men with guns. More importantly they have acces to computors, to phones, media, police, courts, law, community services, health care, food that isnt rancid, to the mechanisms of mind and materials that can being about *real* change, they have hope for the future in htier laps.....no mentla disabilities...healthy bodies...yet where is their grattitude for this? Forgetting that, where is their simple acknowledgement of this luxury?

Yes..they ARE way over priviliged compared to several hundred thousand million people alive today....most who will also die without ever knwoing any one of those things.

Rosha

edit on 25-11-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I gotta agree with your comment on the necessity of the free press,
that is where we have the internet for now (for now)
but you still have to get people on the right page

internet talk radio and u tube are the free press at the moment
(God, I want to smash every tv )

if the academics taught actually useful stuff, instead of "if you can't do, teach"
( any teachers who can do, I salute you )
then we would have the kind of education which would understand what needs to be done and we would do it.

i heard that this Movie abiout a peaceful revolution that kept the communists out.
I haven't seen it, but the person who mentioned it to me, is really up on things.
www.singingrevolution.com...
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

They are so pampered that at least are doing something, figthing for what they want. Do you think that they should be wathing two and a half men in tv? This are your way to see things. Not mine.

Pampered kids stay home, crying to their moms. You say that is wrong broke some public things to show their point, but what they supposed to do? This hapened in a country where, kings, queens and princes still exist. How could this possible?

Seriously, kings, queens, princes?

The UK people should send the bill to the "real family"
, if realy exist such a thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by Rosha

They are so pampered that at least are doing something, figthing for what they want. Do you think that they should be wathing two and a half men in tv? This are your way to see things. Not mine.

Pampered kids stay home, crying to their moms. You say that is wrong broke some public things to show their point, but what they supposed to do? This hapened in a country where, kings, queens and princes still exist. How could this possible?

Seriously, kings, queens, princes?

The UK people should send the bill to the "real family"
, if realy exist such a thing.

Aww poor babies.

Forgive me if I earmark my sympathies towards the truely powerless..who, with very little and only a minute amount of support, can show more wisdom compassion and real focused effort in a single moment, than these so called educated yet self serving victims of their own self importance will ever show in their entire lives.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

i heard that this Movie abiout a peaceful revolution that kept the communists out.

I dont think so. Communist government just kill you. No more fellings. No more reports because are no freedom at all. Lets hope that this type of curse never fall upon our heads.

And i want smash every single tv too.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

For goodness sake, im on the breadline, sometimes all i have in the house is a couple of sausages and a few tins of beans, and i just about manage to pay my gas bill, but i am so SO gratefull to have that much compared to those in the third world who have nothing, but i dont expect my government (after ive paid taxes for twenty five years) to S**t on the working class because we cant afford education, but as the cliche goes ' they will always find money for war' .

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Yes..they ARE way over priviliged compared to several hundred thousand million people alive today....most who will also die without ever knwoing any one of those things.

You are put things out of contest. They live in UK, so you have to think like one of then, not about the rest of world. Poor people exist in every corner of the world, and its just sad, but we have to figth to a better income distribution to solve this. You seems to be angry because some people have more than others. Are you comunist?

edit on 25-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Forgive me if I earmark my sympathies towards the truely powerless..who, with very little and only a minute amount of support, can show more wisdom compassion and real focused effort in a single moment, than these so called educated yet self serving victims of their own self importance will ever show in their entire lives.

So, what these truely powerless are doing to help thenselves? I sure you if these people could be in that place, they will.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Evidently that are things that you want to smash. Do you have better targets, dont you? But when you resolve to do something, you will be called just a provocateur agent . What a stupid idea of yours.

edit on 25-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
sorry...allways when i see these raging kids ..im sure noone of them is a student...

tehy just jobless bullies having fun in destroying things..

i love good protests...but not that kind of

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
"Why Is This Not On American News?"

Because It can motivates people here in USA.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hey, I just read this from Italy, seems they are joining the british :

www.ansa.it...

"(ANSA) - Rome, November 25 - Students occupied the Leaning Tower of Pisa and stormed into the Colosseum on Thursday as protests against government education reforms and cuts continued to cause mayhem in many parts of Italy".

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

thanks for the link
It seems the dissenting contagion is taking hold in Europe.
And we are only just starting with the militant students.. It won't be long before the protests are more the general populace, then we really will be in for a bumpy ride..

edit on 26/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: fix the rubbish spellchecker

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Sure brother. Soon or later it's gonna happen. When we have everyday more and more people jobless, unable to study and hungry, revolution always show up. Simple math : more people unhappy than happy breaks the balance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join