It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vote for Kerry is a vote to kill an innocent Iraqi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So you are basically saying that we should withdraw from Iraq to save a few of our own in exchange of basically genocide of certain groups in Iraq.

Selfish at best...... and im sure glad your not our president.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
On another note, voting for an independent is not a wasted vote at all. If they get a certain percent of the vote, I think it is 6 but im not sure, they gain some sort of funding and then they can become a real party. And we both know that a three party system could potentially be better then a two.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by omega1]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is not selfish to pull out Omega. We invaded Iraq because Bush said god told him to. He admits this, and never denied that god told him to invade Iraq. I think that is a very good reason to pull out. Maybe go to war when we have a sane president, not one that hears voices telling him to kill people.(look in Bush is Going Crazy, Aides Say for the links to Bush saying that god tells him to invade countries)

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It does not matter who you vote for it, Iraq is still going to have civilian casualties do the islamic radicals and US as long as is stays in Iraq will still be targeted andwill still have more casualties also, so lets not put the blame on either of the candidates.:shk:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
James says

We invaded Iraq because Bush said god told him to. He admits this, and never denied that god told him to invade Iraq.

Can anyone show me where Bush DIRECTLY ADMITS to this quote?
Admitting to something is not the same thing as never denying something.
When was he ever "officially" asked about this quote to either admit or deny this?

James, do you really think this SPECULATIVE reason as to why we are at war is a serious enough piece of info to base your vote on?
OR Is this more of an emotional grasp at anything to attempt justification of a delusional judgment of the President?

Please everyone, i URGE you to look at the thread James reccomended....as you will see for yourself the unnamed whitehouse stafers saying President Bush is crazy.......you will wittness the awsome second handedness of something someone says the President said...Where are the credible sources on this that can attribute this hearsay DIRECTLY to the President?

You will then be dazed and confused by why any reasonable voter would buy into this emotional playing, speculative disinformation.....

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
"God told me to strike at al-Qaida and I struck them, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thank you Maynard. But as I said, look in the Bush is going Crazy, Aides say post. It is in Politics and Scandal.

He hears f*cking voices! He is a fruit loop for crying out loud. He is nuts, wacko, crazy, lonny even! He also sees things like WMDs when after a year we can't find any.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maynard,
here is a quote from the link you provided.
"Even then, there's uncertainty. After all, this is Abu Mazen's account in Arabic of what Bush said in English, written down by a note-taker in Arabic, then back into English. "

Again this would appear AT BEST to be speculation and NO direct attribution to the President.

James, you conveniantly skate around this point in both threads.

Believe in either the fantasy that this "unnamed aids say", or a "hearsay source says Bush said" all you want...
your waisting a vote based on SPECULATIVE NON EVIDENCE!
Way to DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Your arguement has been destroyed.

He still heard god tell him to attack al-quieda and saddam. Its not like it could be about anything else. If there was a something about monkeys or you in there, then I would be skeptical, but he's frickin crazy, dude.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My argument stands on MERITS that you have shown NOTHING....NO EVIDENCE....NO PROOF that the President ever said these things...put your head back into the sand....

Im not saying that Bush IS or IS NOT crazy...
All Im saying is LOOK at the reasons your attempting to use to convince people of your position. THEY HAVE NO MERITS and are only OPINION and hearsay...what dont you see about making a baseless charge with NOTHING to back it up? You can say he did ANYTHING, but unless you can PROOVE IT...what is the point?

This argument of yours plays off trumped up fear and emotion and again does nothing to
DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You seem quite hostile.

Here is your proof. The washington post, buddy.

You don't like Kerry cause you're a repub/repugnant, fine.

All I know is Bush went into Iraq convinced there were WMDs and there weren't, killing thousands of civilian Iraqis in the process.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You post a link to the exact same article that was just linked to like 3 posts earlier????....1/2, 50% af that article, 3 of its 6 paragraphs QUESTION the legitimacy of attributing this "quote" DIRECTLY to the president...ITS HEARSAY!!!!

In one of my last 2 posts i even cut and pasted right out of YOUR SOURCE, where it openly questions this....

HOW STUPID CAN ANYONE BE TO NOT READ THIS??

Do you accept this source as not only CREDIBLE BUT ACCURATE?

One newspaper, citing another foriegn newspaper, citing translated minutes of a meeting, and that equals a direct quote from the President?
This is like 3 or more steps removed from Bush saying anything that you or anyone could actually VERIFY as having been uttered by President Bush.

Please put your anti Bush blinders back on and go back to adopting whatever fantasy idea you want to believe, that makes you feel better about attempting to bash the President.

I hope that more voters like you will keep spewing absolute drivel for the uneducated masses to blindly gobble up as truth. Perhaps some of them will actually see that all your offering them is a sugar rush with no actual nutritional value.

Mental masturbation will not make a bald mans head hairy!
Thats urban legend as is this alledged talk with god that Bush had.
FANTASY!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wait,

So you want the actual arabic?

Fine dude.

Just remember this oil war when you're voting later...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mig, no offense here but

Your 13 years old,
How many Presidential terms can you remember? ONE MABEY that you might have been vaugely aware of?

Fortunatly you have more than the # of years youve already lived to become a more informed and educated person before we let you vote.

Mabey once youve graduated from at least HIGH SCHOOL level civics, you'll have more of an opinion than what mommy and daddy spew around the dinner table over the news...

Check into things people say, dont just accept them as fact...
When people make a statement on here for example...ask yourself was that a statement of facts? (which can be cross checked)
or was that a statement of Opinion?
Did they try to speculate about things that could be related or not, to support the conclusion they want you to get?

Its cool that your actually paying attention to things like politics...
learn to see thru the bull and ask serious questions, not just run your mouth without anything to back it up but more hot air.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nice, dude, nice.......

I research my info before I speack, becasue otherwise I'd look a fooll.

I counted at least six spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes which woudn't even get you a B+ in an 8th grade english class.

I'm actually 14, and when I was 13 I scored 600s on both of my SATs.

Don't use my age against me...

I'd also like to point you to Only the elite can truly successfully manage national affairs, which was a debate I won.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
MIG12,
It is not that you have said something dome or stupid, in fact you seem to be rather bright.
However,
I would question anyone's credibillity, experience and education when examining their statements.

Feel free to point out my grammar or spelling mistakes any time...(i use a spell checker mostly but ATS doesnt have one and im not writting in word only to cut and paste back into ATS.)

In order to help people understand your points, your age is a legitimate point of contention. You, while activly engagued in explorations of ideas here on ATS, have not been to high school let alone college. This does NOT make what you say less valid from the start, but it does open your ideas up to the higher possibillity that the source of these ideas (you) could have a credibillity issue, more so than with someone 2 or 3 times your age and education level. Plenty of adults here say stupid things all the time, so dont let your age stop you from trying to outsmart them.

As for the source you cited, its the same source several have cited, and if you can show me in there were Bush actually was heard/recorded directly this "god talk", then youd have something tangible,
Do you see that a newspaper, citing another newspaper, citing an interpretation from one language to another in a memo...is not a direct line to Bush having said this? There is no recording of him...there arent people who were even in the same room saying these things, they read this off a translated meeting notes....come on, im not saying your not able to give an opinion, but please look HARD at the "evidence". before you try to sell OPINION as fact.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
See Mig, even those of us with several degrees are fallible.
I'm pretty new to ATS so im still learning all its nuances like how to edit one of my own darn posts!! (once its been sent)

So if you want to be vindicated in some way, you can teach an old dog a new trick and U2U me where i can find the darn edit function.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let's get back to the point of this post. Now I don't necessarily believe that by having Kerry in office will cause the deaths of the Iraqi people, what I do believe is that if we pull out of Iraqi before they can handle it alone, you will see the deaths of millions of Iraqis, men women and children.

Unfortunately it is a no win situation. We are there now, and we need to finish what the troops went over there to do, otherwise those who have died to liberate Iraq have died in vain.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
At this point, whatever started this war doesnt matter. We need to deal with the status quo. We have to finish what we started, and therfore even if this war is pointless, we still have to go through with it or else we will just leave everyone worse off. We have to accept reality, and work with it, not just abandon it.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
John Kerry has indicated through numerous recent statements that he does not advocate picking up and leaving Iraq. That obviously would be a horrible thing to do and would leave a lawless land where no one would be safe. If you start something you have to finish it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join