It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working Class Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

WARNING: This song contains a few foul words so watch with caution

WATCH THIS VIDEO

You must be your own god and you must be your own savior. There is no one who can save you but yourself. Threats of brimstone and eternity in hell should not teach you what is right and wrong. We have been trained to serve our masters all the while ignoring the fact this is voluntary enslavement. Like sheep we are young and taught to line up into the pen, as adults we are tricked into believing the pen door has been locked.

There is no justice, no equality, no liberty, no fraternity, no hope, no destiny, no salvation, no second chances, no love, and no future. These things are neither inherited nor earned they must be taken. There is no room at the top for you or I, we are not welcome. They are feeding us false hope to keep us in line honestly believing that someday our dreams will be fulfilled.

They don’t care for you or I, they don’t care about your family or your job, and they don’t care about your future or your life. There is no room for us to live alongside them. People call such words as class-warfare and I say you are right this is class-warfare and I am pleased to see you are siding with the ones committing it against you. Those who claim they believe in Liberty over equality have forgotten that there is no liberty when they have taken your equality.

We must be the hero’s for ourselves no one will do anything for you. No one person can save you. Injustice, war, and inequality, these are not features of a system that benefit you or me. The television has become our only portal to our world and has isolated our hearts and our souls we have essentially become dehumanized and robbed of our connection and solidarity with humanity.

Given false beliefs that we are independent and can make it on our own that it’s the individual not the community that is essential to our own livelihoods, we are not a world of Independent people but rather a world of interdependence. Being honest, compassionate, loving, caring, and benevolent is what makes us human beings.

When we the people realize our true reality and not what has been dictated to us we will rise up and we will reclaim what is rightfully ours. The forefathers of the American and French Revolutions rose up against those who were oppressing them and the popular tidal wave swept across the European continent. Sure it did not succeed in every country but that sentiment of solidarity, liberty, and humanity was kept alive through the generations only to take control after it defeated the forces of ultimate evil.

You must be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Why can't we just give peace a chance? ~ John Lennon

Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry. ~ John Lennon

edit on 11/24/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Great words man. I got chills.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Thanks Skid Mark.

This song is good as well. I previously thought it was bad until I read up about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes, I love that song, too. All he's doing is calling for a brotherhood of man and peace. The Vietnam war was raging during that time and would not end until the fall of Saigon in 1975. It weighed heavily on a lot of people's minds, especially with so many men coming back in boxes. It is definitely a product of it's time. It really is a song for all time periods, though. Now, we also have wars raging and no end in sight. Some may say that the message of the song is idealistic and that John Lennon himself was a dreamer; but, I think that it's something that many of us long for. The only way that I see it happening is to eliminate the greed and corruption and take the power back. Until then, we can only dream and imagine how good the world would be.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I agree with you on that notion.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
ONE LAST BUMP

top topics

join