It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Need To Stop Crying When They Are Arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
menemeth, the last time someone accosted me, they were..............................

Hmmm, hear about the women that was raped?
How bout the person that was kidnapped?
How bout the person that was robbed?
How bout the person that was attacked?

Now, have ANY of YOU heard about the person that shot the sumbitch! Thought not!

Last time I was robbed, last time I was raped, last time I was attacked, last time I was..........................

OH WAIT, never happened, because I ALWAYS carry a gun!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

No thanks. I carry a gun, it can actually stop an attack instead of recording my own beating at the hands of a facist police force.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

No thanks. I carry a gun, it can actually stop an attack instead of recording my own beating at the hands of a facist police force.

The problem with violent resistance is that the police have more guns than you do.

Violence is a bad choice when it comes to solving systemic social problems.

The government can not continue doing what it is doing if people simply reject government's authority.

Winning hearts and minds requires a propaganda war, not a violent resistance movement.

edit on 23-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If I am doing nothing(including peaceful protesting, as it is a right) and a cop attacks me? Sorry, in fear for my life, it's my right to defend myself. Without reasonable suspicion, a cop cannot do anything to you. The cop would be the one escalating the violence not me.

I have had over 10 cops backdown after attempting a "terry stop"(on foot and in vehicles). A criminal can be anyone, including cops. Only a gun can give you a chance to uphold YOUR RIGHTS. No one will do it for you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
If I am doing nothing(including peaceful protesting, as it is a right) and a cop attacks me? Sorry, in fear for my life, it's my right to defend myself. Without reasonable suspicion, a cop cannot do anything to you. The cop would be the one escalating the violence not me.

I have had over 10 cops backdown after attempting a "terry stop"(on foot and in vehicles). A criminal can be anyone, including cops. Only a gun can give you a chance to uphold YOUR RIGHTS. No one will do it for you.

to each his own I guess.

If that is the route you want to take, more power to you.

edit on 23-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That young man dose it the right way: Not giving your freedoms up, but showing that they are still here, and that the authorities are wrongfully enforcing an unjust law.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I will strongly agree though, that propaganda for a cause can/does help. But, sometimes winning the hearts and minds of others will do nothing but make you a big target(MartinLuther King anyone?). Even the founders in the USA used propaganda to get public sway. But, they backed their words with the willingness to fight, even when facing a force that can trounce upon you. Protesters used to carry guns, that way no one got rowdy, lest be shot.

I think the real reason no one can really fight the government, isn't because they have more guns, but because they can't fend for themselve anymore without it. It's a tacit way of being a slave, but hey who cares, we have tv's and microwaves....but so do prisoners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join