It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Need To Stop Crying When They Are Arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
For some reason it bothers me when non-violent protesters act shocked and become emotionally distressed when they are assaulted by police.

To me, the video impact of the event is lost if a protester starts crying or begs to be let go.

Patriots who are engaged in non-violent protests should take it upon themselves to familiarize themselves with arrest proceedings and undergo mock arrest training. This will allow you to "act," rather than "think," about how you want to react in that situation.

If you show weakness or are visibly disturbed, you empower the aggressors and this makes them happy. The best thing to do is show no weakness or visible signs of distress because this robs the aggressors of the joy they get in seeing you subjugate yourself before them. Patriots should not be in the business of empowering aggressors by displaying fear and subjugation.

Patriots who are standing up to government aggression against the innocent should not show fear in the face of violence, they should set the example for others. This is especially true if you are going to be video taped while being aggressed against.

Be strong in the face of tyranny.

The right way to be arrested for exercising your rights:

edit on 23-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
But what about cases where my life has shown the police are out there desperate to destroy lifes for no reason.

Amazing how police act. I wonder how many innocent people and i mean innocent people who have done nothing are targeted.

I do not care for teh guilty, but what about all teh corrupt police down teh pubs at teh weekend planning crimes agaainst peopel who there friends hate?

Tell me how you deal with police that target you for 18 years, lol, with no crimes commited.
edit on 11/23/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

carry a video camera with you at all times.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Put your game face on!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think the crying actually helps their cause. If you prepare to be arrested and act calm and rational, then I think it sends the message that they believed they were doing something wrong in the first place and were expected to be arrested. For news clips, I'd rather have people see average citizens mentally broke down and in dismay that they are being arrested in the first place for protesting in a civil manner.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
I think the crying actually helps their cause. If you prepare to be arrested and act calm and rational, then I think it sends the message that they believed they were doing something wrong in the first place and were expected to be arrested. For news clips, I'd rather have people see average citizens mentally broke down and in dismay that they are being arrested in the first place for protesting in a civil manner.

The purpose of being publicly arrested is to empower others, not the police.

If anything, a display of outrage or anger over the fact you are being unlawfully assaulted is justified.

Displaying fear only demonstrates to the public that they shouldn't engage in protest activities because something scary will happen to them.

If you can break the public's fear of arrest, the system will break down. It's already at the breaking point.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yeah, I agree with you on that point. People need to not fear arrest. Putting on a good show for the camera is a good thing though as long as they aren't really that traumatized. I see where you're coming from and I agree. No one and no law has any power if it's not granted to them by the constituency(we the people).

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Yeah, think of how John Tyner's video of him telling the TSA not to touch his junk would have sounded if Tyner acted like a simpering wimp.

People love that video because Tyner didn't back down.

He didn't plead for mercy.

He didn't act like a coward.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
tl;dr - arrested for doing something illegal.

Did I miss the "armed robbery and kidnapping" part?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
tl;dr - arrested for doing something illegal.

Did I miss the "armed robbery and kidnapping" part?

Children selling baked goods at a make-shift street stand is illegal:

It violates child labor laws.

It violates business licensing laws.

It violates FDA and health code laws.

Of course, they should be subject to arrest and imprisonment for their transgressions. The only way to keep us safe from children's bake sales is through the use of violent force.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

they should be subject to arrest and imprisonment for their transgressions.

I'd imagine their consequences would be a lot less severe as they are minors and such, but that doesn't explain how the pot guy was a victim to "armed robbery and kidnapping". He did something illegal and was arrested, he wasn't "kidnapped" or "robbed" anymore than a child selling baked goods was robbed and kidnapped.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If you can't do the time, than don't do the crime.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
HAHAH. Sooo true. Be a man, get arrested, then sue the DA and win.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

they should be subject to arrest and imprisonment for their transgressions.

I'd imagine their consequences would be a lot less severe as they are minors and such, but that doesn't explain how the pot guy was a victim to "armed robbery and kidnapping". He did something illegal and was arrested, he wasn't "kidnapped" or "robbed" anymore than a child selling baked goods was robbed and kidnapped.

Since the pot was his and since he was harming no one by his actions, just as the kids hosting the bake sale were harming no one, he was robbed of his property and illegally kidnapped.

That's what you call it when someone is unlawfully taken against their will and their property is taken from them by force.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No need to argue the validity of the OP's video. The reasons for his protest aren't the subject of this thread, I believe it was his reaction to being arrested.

I think this is a great topic and I agree. It would serve a better purpose to have a speech ready for when you are arrested rather than break down and cry about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes the pot was indeed his own and he wasn't harming anyone, which is why he wasn't charged with murder / assault / wreckless driving etc, he was charged with possession, as in it's illegal, which obviously prompted law enforcement to confiscate and most likely destroy the illegal substance and arrest him for breaking the law.

I'd have to think that something can't be "unlawfully taken" when possessing it is, in itself, unlawful. It's like me stealing something of yours and claiming that if you take it back, you're also stealing.This is where definitions and context and such come into play.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Whyhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yes the pot was indeed his own and he wasn't harming anyone, which is why he wasn't charged with murder / assault / wreckless driving etc, he was charged with possession, as in it's illegal, which obviously prompted law enforcement to confiscate and most likely destroy the illegal substance and arrest him for breaking the law.

I'd have to think that something can't be "unlawfully taken" when possessing it is in itself, unlawful to posses for this purpose. It's like me stealing something of yours and claiming that if you take it back, you're also stealing.This is where definitions and context and such come into play.

There's lots of things that are illegal.

In California, Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

As TJ says, I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree with the OP 110%.

You can see it everywhere. As an example.. how many times have you seen a protester doing his/her thing. They are told to move back, disassemble, go away. Of course they refuse (as they should) but then are arrested. As soon as the cuffs come on you hear, "I'm sorry" ,"Please don't do this" and my least favorite, "ouch your hurting me, the cuffs are on too tight"

First off, if you did not know what the possibilities are of your actions, then you clearly did not think things through. Secondly, you are empowering those who are arresting you. I hate hearing, "I'm sorry". No you are not sorry for what you did, that is why you did it to begin with. Your sorry because there are now going to be consequences. If you didn't know that at the start, your an idiot who is living in a fantasy world.

"Please don't do this" - What did you think that cop would do? His job is to enforce the law. Until the laws are changed he/she has no choice. Today it seems like everyone has a cause, but no one is willing to give up anything for what the believe in. It's only a worth while cause, provided it does not effect or inconvenience you directly. There are many many officers who LOVE watching you go from tough guy who is standing up for himself, to great big crying, begging, walking vagina the second they show you who has the "real" power and put cuffs on you.

"Ouch your hurting me" - What makes you think they care? Handcuffs are not made for comfort. It is one thing to let them know they are hurting you, which I do agree with, but don't be a wuss about it. Suck it up. I have been held in handcuffs for hours. I HOPE to be left with marks, bruises, etc etc. It usually proves my point (about police), and can come in real handy with the help of a good attorney to get your case thrown out. However, you have to cooperate. Fighting the police who are making an arrest does you no good at all, police usually escalate their tactics. However the worse part is unseen. Your actions at the time of your arrest will come into play, in a much more important role, when you go to court.

Stand up for yourselves, but never cower on any level. Those who do, not only look weak, but also appear like they really do not believe in their cause to begin with. If the did believe in their cause, they would be proud to sacrifice for it.

edit to add: Once a police officer decides to arrest you, there is nothing you can say or do (legally) to get out of it. Accept it as something that comes with the territory. I have known many police officers. I have known many "criminals". Not once have I ever heard of a case when a police officer decides to arrest you, then changed his mind. There is nothing you can say to make him change his mind. You can not cry your way out of it. Save that energy, you will need it when you fight them in court.
edit on 23-11-2010 by MrWendal because: to add eta

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
No need to argue the validity of the OP's video. The reasons for his protest aren't the subject of this thread, I believe it was his reaction to being arrested.

I think this is a great topic and I agree. It would serve a better purpose to have a speech ready for when you are arrested rather than break down and cry about it.

Absolutely.

It's your 10 minutes of fame.

Don't let it go to waste crying like a coward.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Good thread.

It is one thing to ask this of someone who is versed in being a revolutionary operative and fully commited to playing that part and another to ask your average citizens (who still have the right to peaceful protest and the right to not be hurt or harassed by emloyees of the people unless they pose a danger).

If someone is naive enough to think authoritarians will not harm them without due cause (and perhaps enjoy it) then they will have a shock coming.

Put simply some people are foolish and some learn the hard way. We know the psychology of all parties in a riot or some such situation lends itself it groupthink and fight or flight response and subsequently the reptilian brain takes over. This is much to the delight of the agenda because of the energy manipulation opportunities, the training and the convenient pressure release.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join