It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Opens Fire on South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Report: N. Korea fires on S. Korea, killing 1 and injuring 15

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea fired artillery toward its tense western sea border with South Korea on Tuesday, killing at least one South Korean soldier, the Yonhap news agency reported. Two civilians and 13 other South Korean military personnel were injured, with three of the soldiers seriously hurt, Yonhap said. At least 200 rounds of artillery hit an inhabited South Korean island in the Yellow Sea after the North started firing about 2:30 p.m. local time, Yonhap said. South Korea's military responded with 80 rounds of artillery and deployed fighter jets to counter the fire, the report said.

This is a very startling escalation in the tensions between the two countries, imo.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Do we need a THIRD frigging thread bout this??? Always click the recent posts icon at top of page before posting.

Scary though

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this HERE!

People need to have a little look around before starting "new" threads.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

I apologize. It never crossed my mind that something like this would be in "Alternative News." I'm still pretty new here. I'm still trying to figure out how NK attacking SK is considered alternative news? In any event thank you for your kind response and bringing the other thread to the attention of this one.

It is this kind of helpful community here that makes this website a great place!

[edit]

I would just like to also bring out the fact that I just went into the Alternative News forum and read the guidelines here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and it appears that this news definitely should not have been posted there.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Calender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Do we need a THIRD frigging thread bout this??? Always click the recent posts icon at top of page before posting.

Scary though

Thank you for bringing out the "recent posts" icon. I apologize to you as well. I totally understand your frustration, and your use of an almost "f" word out of it. And will in fact just try and refrain from posting news. I appreciate your kindness.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Well it is about time, Lets Get Down to Business.
Tired of Tip Toeing through the Tulips.
This Should have been settled long ago. It is China's doing.
Make no mistake about it.
China Operates North Korea Through Proxy.
Yet Seduces the Business World with all the Mysteries draped in Silk.
Fire up Agent 99 and get smart
Or Get Owned.

My Comments alone, and China will respect my candor.

Link to completely unrelated entertainment : www.youtube.com...

CX

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender

Thank you for bringing out the "recent posts" icon. I apologize to you as well. I totally understand your frustration, and your use of an almost "f" word out of it. And will in fact just try and refrain from posting news. I appreciate your kindness.

Don't let a couple of comments put you off posting news.

Some people forget what its like to be new on a site this big.

Sometimes the search facility here does not find previous threads with the same words. Have encountered this many times.

You are right, there are a lot of topics that really don't seem to match with the forum section, its an easy one to get wrong.

I'd bet that even people who have been here for years still make double threads by accident at times.....i know i do. Yes its frustrating to see loads of repeated threads, but it happens. Usualy just a polite "Already a thread here about it" will suffice.

CX.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
already posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join