It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

"You really going to sit there and tell me North Korea wouldn't of fired artillery at South Korea? "

Sure they would or could.. but did they? N. Korea is saying South fired first, now that there are 2 sides of the story it's time to investigate. Shell samples & other forensics maybe? whatever happened to investigating before alleging blame?

BTW US party leaders / CIA/ TPTB et al are just as capable of engineering another Gulf of Tonkin, and or using their media lackeys to blame the appropriate bad guy... that's how it's been done before and there s nothing to suggest this isn't another chunk of crap.

..but hey, if you want to believe party leaders with a war / fear fear fear agenda who lie more than they breathe.. fine with me. I'm not scared of N Korea, they are not my enemies and if the US/SK provoked them.. afaic N Korea can defend themselves against CIA / federal reserve / dear party GOP/DNC leader aggression just like anyone else can.

If it leads to WWIiI.. Costa Rica is a neutral country where people don't even know or care about "TPTB" or worship party GOP/DNC leaders. I can watch the fed reserve festivities on satellite, drink cerveza & live on $6 a day without concern of being vaporized because of the fools in DC.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
www.24chasa.bg...

This article is in Bulgarian, taken from the leading newspaper here, I will take my time and translate it and will include it in the forthcoming thread, you might want to inform yourself as soon as I do that. It explains everything about the false predictions most of you are refering to, also it states that she said there will NEVER be a World War 3!

So yeah, chill out, there won't be nuclear warfare in Asia. And I'll stop unintentionally derailing, I hate being offtopic and I apologize.

Bye
edit on 23-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: add

link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by swiftfootedachilleus

I think you must have USA confused with someone else. We could care less about Kimmy. We have been actively ignoring him for quite a while now. He gets cranky when he doesn't get any attention and does something like he just did today. Trust me, If we wanted to go after him, we would have invented a reason long before he gave us one.

Not confused at all , nor brainwashed as some may be . If america dont care about him why are they holding joint excercises with the south on borders ?...... And why , network dude , if america dont care about kimmy did your last president say publically on television in front of the WHOLE world that they were part of 'an axis of evil '

Strong words dont you think for someone you dont care about ? Dont sound like they're being ignored to me .

So , no , network dude i wont trust you .

link   
MEANWHILE back at the ranch...
North Korea: a deadly attack, a counter-strike – now Koreans hold their breath

The US and other countries around the world pleaded for restraint today after North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, killing two soldiers and injuring civilians.

With tensions running high on the peninsula, the South Korean president, Lee Myung-bak, met his top military in an underground bunker in Seoul and ordered the air force to strike North Korean missile bases if there is any further provocation

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

I Second that....its about time the North gets a little taste of its own medicine...cause when push comes to shove none wants to have to deal with the "real bullies", somehow only the "made up" ones really matter(Iraq and Afghanistan).....and these guys(N.Korea) been bullies for awhile now.....
edit on 23-11-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: Spelling

So strongly do I agree with you if you want I'll look after your dog while you're off in Korea fighting, watch out for the kuk sool won experts though they've got some moves.

Good luck in your quest to right wrongs at your own risk.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Now that reeks of common sence ....... My only regret is that i cannot give you 10 stars for that post !

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by thecinic

here is th differences in the explosion signatures.
u can tell the difference between the artillery
explosion on the left and the rocket explosion
on the right. totally different

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01b235e450eb.jpg[/atsimg]

Are you implying that North Korea only possesses one type of artillery, and that these two photographs prove anything?

Rockets and shells can carry a large variety of payloads, and you can not tell anything by the color of the smoke emitted after the blast.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by infinite
[[BBC]]

1538: US defence department spokesman Col David Lapan says no additional US military assets would be moved into the region following Tuesday's incident in South Korea. It is also "too soon" to discuss ways the US might deter North Korea from another attacks, he adds.

ooh, I know...few deep cover sniper seals and sas troops should do the trick...let the country figure out what happens when kimmy and son disappears.

ok, chances are the heads would simply start launching everything they have at SK and Japan...not an option...but would be nice to think all you gotta do is take out the head and the body will fall...however, if it was that easy, I imagine it would have been done long ago.

Imagine if Iran was making moves like this...we would be breathless in "liberate them" fever.

Yeah, they never tried that before.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
www.24chasa.bg...

This article is in Bulgarian, taken from the leading newspaper here, I will take my time and translate it and will include it in the forthcoming thread, you might want to inform yourself as soon as I do that. It explains everything, also it states that she said there will NEVER be a World War 3!

When you make this thread, will you please post the link to it in this one? I'd like to follow up, but it's sure to get buried with all the flags that will inevitably go to this NK/SK topic in the coming days. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Please, no more Baba Vanga stuff!

This is about Korea, North and South.

The conflict could turn into WWIII, but it just as likely may not.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

They have COTS technology that they buy at the store like a normal western consumer can.

Rest assured they have computers and GPS and etc. They do not engage in heavy R&D in many fields, because they can just buy the things they need at the store. Unfortunately much of our military R&D spending is congressional pork, and the value per dollar is quite low compared to most other militaries. Russia and China both manage to develop very sophisticated systems and weapons and on average spend five cents for every dollar we spend, and still manage to deploy advanced systems.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is about 1 group of people split into 2 by the US and brought into civil war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nuclear War! Highly doubtful.

South Korea says it will retaliate with missile strikes against the North if faced with "further provocations", after an exchange of fire in which two South Korean marines were killed.

LINK

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Once more slayer ....... yawn ........ you're point is ?

You picked out one part of my reply and attempted insult ..... What about the other parts ? The korean or vietnam parts ? ....... Have they no relevance to todays events or did i get you bang square on the chin ?

Meanwhile , back at the ranch ...... The rest of the world holds its breath and hopes the US govt isn't swayed by ill informed public opinion into a pre-emptive nuclear strike against a small country on the other side of the world .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sooo this is a job for the U.S to put on their world police hats?
Ya,ok.

Its not just the U.S's problem,its the WORLDS problem.

The U.S is to BROKE,and is already fighting 2 wars.
So unless the U.S wants to embarres themselves further on the global scale,we should sit this one out.

Let the world deal with N.K.

Let China,Russia,Japan,Israel,Britain have at it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

OK, well I JUST woke up to this on Fox, after turning on the TV for the weather!! Here's what I got straight from the FOX's mouth..

North Korea fires artillery shells on S. Korea, but S. Korea will launch a full retaliatory stoke if fired upon again. Pentagon said they didn't have any comment but are keeping a close eye on the situation. US troops NOT on high alert.

Here's my breakdown (in bold) being in the Field Artillery for 9 years, but it's been over 20 years since I've been in but it's something to DEFINITELY keep track of ..
- NKorea fires about 200 shells at island

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

haha, I posted the lyrics to that song in this thread a while ago, It was going through my head after reading all this Kim Jong-Il stuff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by tarifa37

Good posting tarifa37 after i have seen this video, i see no Shells from a artillery, it seems its one of those traps that want us into war nothing more.

I don't see anything related to A artillery shell.

How fast do artillery shells move? I will tell you - they move over 1500 feet per second. Assuming a normal shell is only a few calibers long (2-3 or so) I will leave it to you to calculate whether or not an artillery shell can be seen with normal speed video.

Hint: Probably not.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I went to bed at 3:00am pst so, can anyone give me a quick run down?
I got as far shelling stopped and south korea vows strong retaliation if further provoked.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

North Korea developed nuclear weapons without the approval of China. Why do you think they need China's approval to lob a few shells?

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join