It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

No,the leadership is changing hands and the 27 yr dictator to be has now military victories under his belt so daddy gave a reason to be a general and a leader.

Simple narcisism.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Av.4LPLsv1B3K7PlSQFoAL4BS5Z4

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0

Originally posted by dontreally
Firstly, this blind balkan prophet woman is no prophet. she simply can be a 'mouthpiece' of the elite she represented, and therefore be made to appear as a 'prophet' to us.

This blind balkan prophet woman continued welcoming thousands of people in her own home until the very end of her life, as if they were her children, and helped them in their problems (if they deserved being helped, that is). She was devoted to all the normal people, people like you and me. And unlike all the charlatans out there, she really DID help those people. No, you won't read about this on the Internet, but you can ask anyone here who knows a bit more about her or knows her personally, and you will understand what I mean. That's it.

I'm over and out.

I'm reading it on the internet now genious.....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Originally posted by Gazmeister

History is on the side of this incident being bullcrap?

History proves that North Korea are entirely capable of something like this, the Korean war started because North Korea launched an unprovoked attack on South Korea.

You really going to sit there and tell me North Korea wouldn't of fired artillery at South Korea?

I Second that....its about time the North gets a little taste of its own medicine...cause when push comes to shove none wants to have to deal with the "real bullies", somehow only the "made up" ones really matter(Iraq and Afghanistan).....and these guys(N.Korea) been bullies for awhile now.....
edit on 23-11-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Well, good for you then, "genius". Too bad the Internet is not first or second hand info and can't be taken for granted
Well, you're reading the "real" info, so enjoy your read.

Over.Out.This time really.
edit on 23-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Russia warned of preparations by the North for war with it's Southern neighbours months ago. Reports suggest that military plans have been drawn up by the SK President BUT will only be issued IF the North strikes again or shows any sign of another potential attack.

Do I think we've passed the point of no return? Well, it depends. SK cannot simply ignore what happened today, a response has to be issued - have to calculate what Kim Jong Il military strategy is or what response could occur. Invasion? Nuclear attack? Who knows. No one for sure knows what the paranoid regime is considering. Not even China.

Another minor skirmish on the border could trigger all out war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
South still have to goto the un, when russia and china should dampen it. Why all this fuss for wars.

South needs to present its case to un, and without usa help, like i mean usa telling everyone what happened.
edit on 11/23/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Russia warned of preparations by the North for war with it's Southern neighbours months ago. Reports suggest that military plans have been drawn up by the SK President BUT will only be issued IF the North strikes again or shows any sign of another potential attack.

Got a link to back up that Russian warning?......cause if you do it'd be quite interesting in the overall scheme of things on this thread.....meaning that if Russia knew about it, most likely the US intelligence knew about it too......

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Very good point.

Setting all the Conspiracy BS asside.

North Korea really has the propaganda advantage here. The North could care less about it's people if it looses anywhere from a few hundred to a few hundred thousand. It shells the South and the South who are enjoying many forms of prosperity does not really want a war and has to deal with a nut job and his band of merrymen up North who have nothing really anything better to do but to antagonize the South. Knowing the South will not respond unless there are absolutely no other options.

Meanwhile the South demonstrates true strength and maturity with restraint and are bashed as being wimps.

edit on 23-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So what exactly is your point ? I dont see it at all other than attacking me because i have a different viewpoint than you , hold on a second ....you're not american are you ?......

The korean war in the 50's ended in stalemate , neither side could win even with the aid of thier numerous strong allies .

The vietnam war ended with a communist victory after 10 or more years of US of A aid , financial as well as military .......

These are facts are they not ?

Another fact is that the north is backed into a corner with very little support except for the mighty China .

And yet another is that in civillised america today , this century , the government there had no option but to send in elite troops to quell the civil unrest after a natural disaster ( Katrina ) .....

I dont remember seeing or reading anything of the sort after the boxing day tsunami in asia , do you ?

I have stated in my earlier posts i dont think any country has the power to invade NK other than China , i still stand by that despite the attacks by your ...how do i say it .....well informed , well read self . Which books did you read ? Who were they written by ?........

My view comes from reading much material and watching many news broadcasts and , rather than believing any particular one or two , forming my own theory on things .....Which to be fair is all you could have done at best . My point of view is no less valid than yours and the chances of you predicting the future correctly are about the same as mine ........

Welcome to the non-american world .....believe it or not there is one out there beyond your fences

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0

Originally posted by dontreally
Firstly, this blind balkan prophet woman is no prophet. she simply can be a 'mouthpiece' of the elite she represented, and therefore be made to appear as a 'prophet' to us.

This blind balkan prophet woman continued welcoming thousands of people in her own home until the very end of her life, as if they were her children, and helped them in their problems (if they deserved being helped, that is). She was devoted to all the normal people, people like you and me. And unlike all the charlatans out there, she really DID help those people. No, you won't read about this on the Internet, but you can ask anyone here who knows a bit more about her or knows her personally, and you will understand what I mean. That's it.

I'm over and out.

How do yuo explain this than

vanga was widely known to be close to the government of Todor Zhivkov and, on several occasions, she appeared on public TV with him and other high officials of the Communist Party. It has been alleged that Vanga used data gathered by the secret services to win the trust of her visitors. To date, this is yet to be investigated.

Anyways. Her predictions are inane in many cases.

In Kabbalistic thought its explained that a 'natural' prophet cannot see beyond the present aion, or 70 years, which constitute 1 generation.

Only the biblical prophets saw beyond, to the very end.

Shes talking as far as the year 5000. Not even the greatest of prophets, who saw with much greater clarity than todays would have been bold enough to think they could see that far. Thats effing ridiculous, and offensive. Shes speaking in terms of todays knoweldge, of a period that will be fundamentally different. Imagine a prophet of 800 BCE trying to raionalize the computer technology of today. They dont, because that wasnt the point of their predictions. They may have borrowed 'physical language' but that was only to convey a spiritual transformation in the "language of men". So they spoke about spiritual, not physical changes. with regards to the Zohar, it said specifically that Paras would instigate a war. This was written 2000 year ago by Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, and as we can see today, this is whats happening.

She makes specifics - star warsesque claims that are just as annoying and stupid as sylvia brownes.

So even if her 'prediction' is correct, regarding WW3 beginning in november, i think it may have to do with her being touted as a world famous 'prophet' which means a great deal to the new age community quite popular in the balkan regions. And thus her information may have come from a source who was planning the beginning of the 3rd stage of the war, beginning, circa this time were living in

Thats another thing,. The elites pick specific times for things. Its not coincidental. The choffetz Chaim, a very famous jewish rabbi who died in in 1933, knew propheticaly that the war of gog and magog would occur in 3 stages. The first was WW1, the second, he said was fastly approaching (WWII) which he said would be much worse than the first. And lastly, the 3rd and final stage of their 'fight' against heaven would occur a generation (70 years) after the end of the 2nd war.
edit on 23-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Things getting worse and worse, until it becomes exponentially worse..

link   
Here we go again...

As a nation, we were happy to see WW1 pass and quick to roll back to a peacetime configuration. At the outbreak of WW2 in Europe in September of 1939, the US Army practiced war with sticks in place of guns and used cargo trucks with the word 'tank' painted on the side to 'simulate' an armor attack.

When Hitler began biting off pieces of his neighbors and threatening others, the democracies preferred appeasement to confrontation. They were sure that Germany was far stronger than it was at the time and in the US, there was a strong movement to keep us out of any new conflict.

WW2 happened anyway.

One of the problems faced by the US and the west when Iran took those hostages back in the '70s, was that it had already shot its load in Vietnam. People... aka: voters, were fed up with the Pentagon, defense industry, congress and conflict. By the time the Islamic radicals took those embassy hostages, our military was in a state of decay and demoralization.

The rescue attempt was an embarrassing failure.

Here we are in 2010 after being dragged around with Field Marshal W. Bush from 9.11, to Iraq and Afghanistan... to still facing off with Iran. The nation has about reached that limit of war tolerance again and even though we have the finest fighting force on the planet, there has been a notable degree of demoralization and erosion of capabilities just from overuse/'stop-loss'.

So... North Korea can probably do pretty much as it pleases short of a full scale invasion of the South. You may expect further aggressions followed by appeasements that will breed more daring from the aggressors. Obama has not the single notion of how to be a war president or even one merely of national defense.

He hoped to use his charm and finesse... much like one former English PM named, Neville Chamberlain, to miracle us into the age of Aquarius.

Oh yes, there will be peace in our time.

edit on 23-11-2010 by redoubt because: Typos

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ATS LIVE broadcast at 1300 hrs (1pm) PDT.

Link To ATS LIVE

Got yer 6 Slay.

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What evidence do you have to support this idea? Kim Jong Il is still in charge, and I doubt this is any sort of power play by his son.

We have to stick to what we know, and what we can logically deduce from the information at hand. It is not possible to conclude that this action was ordered or guided by Kim's kid at this point. It is possible, but you shouldn't just conclude things before all the facts are in.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It's easy to say you are in favor for a war with North Korea. It's another thing to get your butt down to the recruiting center and enlist. They recently upped the age limits and the National Guard will basically take you if you are still moving.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Oh.My.Gosh.You're making me repeat myself over and over again... She never did the predictions you're speaking of. She never did predictions in FAR future, for that matter. And because I don't have time now, I'll create a thread about these tomorrow because I think it's about time to clear her name from all the childish statements. Also, the fact Todor Zhivkov took advantage of her capabilities, as well as he "used" her credibility doesn't disprove at all she was devoted to the average Joe Bulgarian, in the first place.
edit on 23-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't understand why we aren't applauding South Korea for turning the other cheek here. (in response to all of these wimp comments)
I think those of you that advocate war don't know what war is like.. (and hopefully no one here will ever be exposed to it.)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by human32826
reply to post by john124

No,the leadership is changing hands and the 27 yr dictator to be has now military victories under his belt so daddy gave a reason to be a general and a leader.

Simple narcisism.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Av.4LPLsv1B3K7PlSQFoAL4BS5Z4

Good catch, well analysed the analyst who wrote the piece in the link, I like.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by swiftfootedachilleus

YAWN....

When hurricane Katrina or any of the other off topic comments you have made become relevant to this thread then I'll comment. You can go on and on about whatever you wish.

MEANWHILE back at the ranch...
North Korea: a deadly attack, a counter-strike – now Koreans hold their breath

The US and other countries around the world pleaded for restraint today after North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, killing two soldiers and injuring civilians.

With tensions running high on the peninsula, the South Korean president, Lee Myung-bak, met his top military in an underground bunker in Seoul and ordered the air force to strike North Korean missile bases if there is any further provocation

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Go start a thread about vagga if u want your so off topic now the chin get real north korea needs a good ass kicking and this is going to ease over i think this time as long as north korea doesn't pull some crazy stuff.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join