It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would or wouldn't you eat to survive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have had MONKEY. It's a sweet meat. Maybe you are sweet, with a little sauce on, mmmmm good.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
YOU
2nd. out.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Snapping turtle not to bad, i thought it would be nasty tasting, but in fact it was quite a treat. Who has had SKUNK? Does the meat stink after you clean it?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I won't eat people or lobster thermidor ...

But if I do: adland.tv...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Im not sure the smell gets into the meat unless the skunk sprays itself.

The skunk has a gland containing the noxious liquid, so as long as you don't eat the gland, or rather drink it's liquid, you should be ok with skunk meat.

If not, just hold your nose and think of something really tasty

Has anyone actually ever eaten a skunk?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't eat human flesh. Unless it was Dick Cheney, as he's closer to being a pig anyway.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I wouldn't eat human flesh. Unless it was Dick Cheney

ew, at least go for a younger healthier flesh.
he'd be nasty.
edit on 23-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

I haven't, but I worked with a guy once who did. Not because he had to either, just because they were available. His short list included skunk, armadillo and possum. He said just make sure when removing the scent sack not to bust it or it'll spoil the meal lol. Also quoting him, "armadillo is the easiest/quickest to cook, they already come in their own pot"

edit on 11/24/2010 by immortalcamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Anything at all as long as I could hold it down.(raw rotting meat may be a bit of a chore)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I was in jail,the food is terrible and i didnt want to eat anything. But with that mentality you shed pounds rapidly,after only a few days i found myself enjoying the meal.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have eaten many different things from rats to dog to sheeps brains...you name it.
I actually went 14 days without food in a winter survival course. We caught what we could but mostly it was food out of the dumpster of a small pub that was just a few miles away. I had no issues with it whatsoever. Food was food and I was hungry. I went into the course weighing 168lbs and mentally sound then came out weighing less than 140 and having auditory hallucinations. I was admitted to the psych ward for chemical imbalances. I spent 3 days there before they got the "music" to go away.

People that dont/wont eat? I dont know what to say to that. A lot of the things I have read about here were common on the table growing up.

Someone above mentioned eating armadillo...That is the most disease ridden animals out there. It is something to stay away from! It was be a last resort item.

Oh and by the way, I think out of it all from eating chicken feet to raw octopuss to garbage from the pub...the WORST thing I ever put in my mouth has to of been Haggis!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

as far as what i'd eat, most likely just about anything,
except oysters.
you'd have to water board me for weeks to get me to go there.

We used to go out, catch them, stun them with the trusty tabasco we kept in our pockets, and eat em raw! YUMMY!

Id eat anything when the time came I guess. Im unsure if I could kill a person just to eat them, unless I really disliked them.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
well this has caught my interest so im going to make a list of what i would eat depending on what elements are around me

A Desert ~ Scorpions Cactus Snakes lizerds Camels (if i get one) Coyotes Roadrunners Dingos Hyena Llama
Human

A Forest ~ Bears Dears Snakes Crocodiles Monkeys Bush_Pig Birds Bugs
Human

a Island ~ Fish Crabs Birds Bugs
Human

and as a last resort myself.
if you are wondering how i will ever get a Bear,Dear,Camel.Coyote, etc
there is nothing like a good imagination\

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

For being of high intelligece and having most of the handyman skills, I would escape. Iam slightly overweight from having kids so I could go a month or so longer than the skinny people. No bugs, poop, people flesh, etc.
Escape and eat pine tree cones, needles, or bark before obscene items.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join