It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some things I know about the afterlife...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
there is a book by a military remote viewer who was tasked to view the after life in blind trials. it was what happened to famous leaders following death. quite interesting. he sort of summed up that where ever you think youre going is where you go....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Really i have to back Eonnn up on this, its a bit hard to explain, thats why many people dont evn try.
There will not be any specific answers to specific questions you ask, because you wont be able to comprehend unless you go through the phenomenon.

edit on 22/11/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

This kind of "you can't know unless you've been chosen to know" shtick bothers me. No different than religion and those chosen people in robes that "explain" it all to the rest of us dirty heathens.

There was a older woman in the projects that the women used to go to for psychic readings. One time she was rambling on, while us kids were playing in the courtyard and overhearing her. She was explaining the hereafter to her little posse of believers, and it was all going to be just perfect for the women she liked on the other side. Not so great for the women they all didn't like. They seemed to like that they had the inside scoop on the whole mystery of life thing.

She was popular in our housing projects. She spoke with authority about the stuff that other folks admitted they didn't understand. At times I wondered why she was living in the projects if she was so blessed by God, but I figured that God has His own reasons for things. I've since figured out that she enjoyed being the center of social activity, and being the one that women came running to for advice when craziness happened - and craziness happened a lot in that place.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Good post, friend. I too think like you do, having been shown a few things my own self about the afterlife. I know that a universe can be created by will alone, and you can live with it that universe. You can have anyone you wish to be there, of course they will have their own afterlife, perhaps in another plane. You can have a house, live by the sea, have cars and boats, radio and TV, anything you have here and retain memory of, you can have there too, simply by thinking it into existence.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Eonnn

Good post, friend. I too think like you do, having been shown a few things my own self about the afterlife. I know that a universe can be created by will alone, and you can live with it that universe. You can have anyone you wish to be there, of course they will have their own afterlife, perhaps in another plane. You can have a house, live by the sea, have cars and boats, radio and TV, anything you have here and retain memory of, you can have there too, simply by thinking it into existence.

This is something I believe also, but I wasn't keen on posting it because I was unsure how true it is, knowing that you believe this gives it more probability of being true (in my eyes anyway). Basically you can manifest anything you want through intention and willpower, including your own private world/reality. I believe theres like 1 major shared reality, but you also can make your own private reality where you do anything you want, and you can visit someone elses private reality too. The great thing about this is if you get bored of your reality you can change it! you could also play out any kind of fantasy you desire. The only thing I'm uncertain of is how the mechanics of this works in the 1 major shared reality, perhaps it is governed by a higher power. It's similar to the movie "what dreams may come" - great movie btw.

As for those posting "prove it, show me evidence, yadda yadda yadda" if you haven't noticed I'm ignoring you. I've already said that I cannot prove anything I'm saying and I'm not forcing you to believe me. I'm just putting it out there for anyone who might benefit from it or simply enjoy something interesting and entertaining. If you dont have anything worthwhile to contribute I suggest you not participate.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Eonnn

This is something I believe also, but I wasn't keen on posting it because I was unsure how true it is, knowing that you believe this gives it more probability of being true (in my eyes anyway). Basically you can manifest anything you want through intention and willpower, including your own private world/reality. I believe theres like 1 major shared reality, but you also can make your own private reality where you do anything you want, and you can visit someone elses private reality too. The great thing about this is if you get bored of your reality you can change it! you could also play out any kind of fantasy you desire. The only thing I'm uncertain of is how the mechanics of this works in the 1 major shared reality, perhaps it is governed by a higher power. It's similar to the movie "what dreams may come" - great movie btw.

I'm glad that he verified your information as being true. I need to find a guy that'll do that for me too. It's about time that this ages-old mystery was cleared up. I like the part where I can have any house I want and include only people that don't suck in my private world. How do I register for this afterlife?

As for those posting "prove it, show me evidence, yadda yadda yadda" if you haven't noticed I'm ignoring you. I've already said that I cannot prove anything I'm saying and I'm not forcing you to believe me. I'm just putting it out there for anyone who might benefit from it or simply enjoy something interesting and entertaining. If you dont have anything worthwhile to contribute I suggest you not participate.

So then, this isn't the Paranormal Studies forum? I mustve hit the wrong link. Sorry about that.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
So then, this isn't the Paranormal Studies forum? I mustve hit the wrong link. Sorry about that.

if you haven't noticed.. the majority of threads in this forum don't have evidence to back up their claims, It's also mostly people asking for help or just having discussions about things without requiring evidence to discuss it. Whether its called paranormal studies or just paranormal I really couldn't care less. I'm posting this here because it seems the most appropriate forum to post it in.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm a paranormal investigator. Basically when you see ghosts in 'loops', they are called residual hauntings. Kind of like a dvd playing a few seconds to a few minutes of a part over and over and over. With residuals, they don't know they're there. They're an imprint which plays out at certain times, be it every night at say midnight or every full moon or on an anniversary. It explains why sometimes you'll see a ghost going through a wall in your house or up stairs which aren't there. Ten to one, you get blueprints of the house from years, decades back, you'll see there WAS A door there or stairs there at one point in time. Usually residuals are in the older places; castles from the 1500's in the UK, older places in the USA, various older areas around the world, though some can be from the 80's, the 90's. You never know. If it repeats what it's doing and does not acknowledge you, it's residual.

Now active hauntings are different where the ghost KNOWS you're there and will communicate with you, be it tapping, moving things, making noises, touching you, etc. Those ghosts are there because (a number of reasons being) they are not ready to cross over yet, are stuck, are bound, are inhuman, are protecting something or someone, will not leave without their loved one(s) or a plethora of reasons.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I'm familiar with the difference between an active haunting and a residual haunting, as well as poltergeists, revenants, spirits and more. It wasn't so much that I wanted an explanation for what a residual haunting, caught in a loop, was; it was more that the existence of a residual haunting made the belief/truth that all ghosts/spirits are aware of their existence false. Thank you for defining the residual and active haunting though, as I'm sure others on this thread would be unfamiliar with the terminology.

What do you think though: are residual ghosts aware that they're ghosts? If they're not, what does that make them in the scheme of the Afterlife? All of Eonn's theories about self-awareness in the Afterlife, what does it amount to if a residual ghost is neither aware of itself, or the passage of time around it?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

I'm a paranormal investigator. Basically when you see ghosts in 'loops', they are called residual hauntings. Kind of like a dvd playing a few seconds to a few minutes of a part over and over and over. With residuals, they don't know they're there. They're an imprint which plays out at certain times, be it every night at say midnight or every full moon or on an anniversary. It explains why sometimes you'll see a ghost going through a wall in your house or up stairs which aren't there. Ten to one, you get blueprints of the house from years, decades back, you'll see there WAS A door there or stairs there at one point in time. Usually residuals are in the older places; castles from the 1500's in the UK, older places in the USA, various older areas around the world, though some can be from the 80's, the 90's. You never know. If it repeats what it's doing and does not acknowledge you, it's residual.

Now active hauntings are different where the ghost KNOWS you're there and will communicate with you, be it tapping, moving things, making noises, touching you, etc. Those ghosts are there because (a number of reasons being) they are not ready to cross over yet, are stuck, are bound, are inhuman, are protecting something or someone, will not leave without their loved one(s) or a plethora of reasons.

(Off-Topic)
Interesting. I just moved into a new apartment which is quite old and I think I have a ghost/demon because I hear lots of tapping/creaking noises in my room at night when its all quiet. If I become scared it can happen even more, and one time I tried telling it to go away it made more noises, another time I tried talking with it and told it to tap once for yes and twice for no, it actually tapped back for some of the questions I asked.

Now It could just be nothing and me just being paranoid, but I'm interested to hear what a paranormal investigator would advise in this situation? I've read a few ways to get rid of ghosts and have tried some of them without any luck, what would you suggest to get rid of them?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

Originally posted by NorEaster

if you haven't noticed.. the majority of threads in this forum don't have evidence to back up their claims, It's also mostly people asking for help or just having discussions about things without requiring evidence to discuss it. Whether its called paranormal studies or just paranormal I really couldn't care less. I'm posting this here because it seems the most appropriate forum to post it in.

Excuse my ignorance..... but how exactly is one to show "hard evidence" of the afterlife in the first place........ some ectoplasm maybe.... or some Polaroid snapshots with your imagined camera?

Great topic S+F

top topics

<< 1   >>

join