It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to quit smoking?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I'm about to boggle your mind with how to quit technique!! I smoked heavy for 7 years and magically quit....How you say?

I just stopped! Sounds easy right? It was.

The reason you "can't" quit is because you don't want to. Even though you think you want to subconsciously you enjoy having cigarettes. When subconsciously you want to quit, you will.

I stopped smoking because, even though I enjoyed it, I felt it was time to stop.

I have to agree with this. I always had a 'reason' to keep smoking even though my body was starting to rebel and I'd cut down quite a bit.

When I went to the dentist and he explained to me how smoking damages one's teeth and gums I quit there and then.

It was the thing I needed to tip the balance against smoking. Once I had that information I wanted to quit more than I wanted to keep smoking and I never gave cigarettes another thought.

You may need to find that one reason to give up that outweighs all the reasons to keep smoking. And the reason you find may be something small and / or unexpected.

Until you find it, try to cut down. Think of how many times a day you smoke when you don't really enjoy it so much and skip those cigarettes.

And honestly, once you've made the decision and you're happy with your reasons for quitting, it's very easy.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

OOh! you sound so simple..Equinox99!! Anyways..nice thought. Was also planning join some exercise programme, as I have weight issues too. (It's all this smoking thing i believe....sigh!!!)

One thing I'm trying on quit lines.. (though I'm too far away from quitting completely) is to put off the cigar after having few puffs as suggested by someone I know. I many times give-up on it!

As always..bad habits die hard, but this might just be the trial step I can take towards it?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Friends, Hi ! and wishing you all a very happy new year and hoping that all smokers succeed in the new year resolution to stay quit (completely). LOL!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi friends! Don't know why everybody has been so silent in here lately. Just thought of sharing with you all that I'm quit successfully for more than a month now. Support groups like this has helped me a lot. I have also managed to keep a check on my increasing weight... an overall feel of positivity!
Of course, as for everybody else, things were tough for me at the begining, but eased out with passing time. Just to tell all quitters that it's not that difficult after all! CHEERS!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by assh8

Very well done - that's great news. Errr....... the date on your post, you wouldn't be kidding us would you

Really, I'm pleased for you. Life improves so much once you stop and you're soon back to being bright eyed and bushy tailed

Let's hope your experience encourages others. It can be done and, great achievement that it is, it doesn't have to be all tears and tantrums.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by assh8
hi, I am a 30 year old women. I had 3 miscarraige.i don’t have children. My doctor adviced me to stop smoking.i tried but I feel I am addict to smoking. I really wish to have a happy life ahead with my family. Pls help me get it.

I have your solution honestly... If you want to quit smoking all you need to do is quit smoking tobacco. Nicotine is the source of your addiction. And patches and gum that put this substance back into your body are just a scam... It takes approx. 3-4 days for that crap to get out of your system...

So the solution is...go to your closest health food store....most of them sell "herbal ciggarettes"... They have no tobacco, or nicotine and honestly they're kinda nasty

Trade the usual nicotine smokes, for the herbal ones... and smoke anytime you feel it to be necessary... Within a few weeks you will have quit smoking because no more nicotine...and you won't want to smoke the herbal ones either because as i've said, they ain't too yummy. Keep a pack of them around just for those moments of weakness, and to remind yourself how disgusting the habbit is....

I should patient this idea but i don't think its possible lol

Pro tip: The day before you quit....get as hungover as you can... that will give you a head start, at least it does for me. I can't smoke when im hungover

Good luck

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you for your concern and advice. I had been making continuous efforts to stop smoking and have managed to survive last one month despite cravings which I feel are slowly subsiding. I had been meanwhile going through various websites on stop smoking and found some interesting videos at the blog http://(link tracking not allowed)/ldaPhw which you may also find useful.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I tried everything and ended up finding that going cold turkey was the best way! And i've been smoke free for 2 and a half years now.
edit on 8-6-2011 by benintheuk because: meh

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
electronic cigarette. Its the goodness of smking without the crap

top topics

<< 1   >>

join