It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Details Emerge In Crash That Killed Teen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

New Details Emerge In Crash That Killed Teen

www.wfsb.com

State police said they believe an off-duty Windsor Locks police officer now charged in the death of a Windsor Locks teen spent his night drinking for more than six hours leading up to the crash that killed 15-year-old Henry Dang.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 11/22/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My towns been rocked lately by a big scandal going on in and by our police department. Now, this is far from the first and the last incident similar to this happening, but it's the biggest and with state police investigating the entire department, a sigh of relief for this resident.

Some back story into this event, some of which is covered by the article, others that are not. An off duty police officer, who was spending just about the whole day drinking, first at a tail gate, then a friends house, then a local bar, was driving nearly 80mph on a road when he hit a 15 year old riding his bike.

When the incident occurred, the first officer to the scene was the off duty cops father, who is I believe the ranking officer in our department if I'm not mistaken. They COMPLETELY negated typical procedure; from the fact the father was involved (you're supposed to excuse yourself out of conflict of interest), no breathalyzer tests or anything, and he was taken away from the scene of the accident before anything was really known. Likely because he had drugs on him, as just about every cop in this town is corrupt in that fashion.

This is a pretty big deal though and certainly not the first transgression against the residents of this town. Other things involve cops routinely speeding around town without cause, cases of harassment, and there's even this one older guy in town who drives around town in his van, all decked out on the back are details relating abuse and intense harassment by our towns police force.

From my own personal knowledge, I can attest a majority of Windsor Locks cops make circumventing constitutional and civil rights a normal procedure. There are, at most, 2, MAAAAYBE 3 cops in town I have experience with that I can vouch they are a good cop. And one of them hits on girls at the high school as he is the resident cop for our school.

Now, I totally expect pig apologists to come and flock this thread, saying not all the facts are in; they have been. It comes down to the fact that our towns own police department isn't saying so because the entire DEPARTMENT is under investigation now. This cop killed this kid, and the rest were caught trying to cover it up. How anyone will try to twist and construe this to take blame off this cop and this department is beyond me. Or he's a cop.

www.wfsb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is tragic- I feel for the family's loss. I too, once knew a corrupt police officer- luckily, he was fired from the force before his alcoholism took this kind of toll on an innocent individual.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
...if i dont agree with you, i'm a pig apologist?...

...actually i'm not sure if i agree with you or not because i dont understand your point... the article that you posted clearly states:

Officer Michael Koistenen was arrested by state police on Thursday on charges of manslaughter in the first degree, manslaughter in the second degree, misconduct with a motor vehicle, negligent homicide with a motor vehicle and attempt to commit tampering of physical evidence.

A 21-page arrest warrant revealed Koistenen was speeding, partying at a a University of Connecticut tailgate party, drinking at a bar and talking on his cellphone 10 minutes before the fatal crash

...sounds like the right things are being done... did you want him hung in town square with no trial?...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You know, I have no problem with alcoholics, to each their own you know.. But it really sucks when a person is so irresponsible that things like this happen. Keep it behind closed doors in your own home and events like this would NEVER happen. Really sad that people are so selfish and arrogant that they think they can just do whatever regardless of all the other living things that they have to share space with.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...sounds like the right things are being done... did you want him hung in town square with no trial?...

I'm sure they'd be the right things if it were a member of your family that was killed right?

You are entitled to your opinions. Just make sure you stick to them when it's a member of your family taken out by a corrupt cop.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
I'm sure they'd be the right things if it were a member of your family that was killed right?

You are entitled to your opinions. Just make sure you stick to them when it's a member of your family taken out by a corrupt cop.

...presumptious often?... i bet you are... demonize the drunken cop in the op all you want, if thats what makes you happy... i maintain my stance that it appears the right things have been done... he was arrested... he'll go to trial... so, i ask again, what would appease you?... a public hanging with no trial?...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yeah what exactly do you want? It does seem like justice is being done.

I'm puzzled.

new topics

top topics

join