It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Prison Camps, an interactive look....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey,
It seems im always finding snippets on links to other subjects i think might be worthy of a thread of their own.
Here is a look at NKs subjugation structure from a more intimate angle than previously.
Perhaps we may find something of interest to discuss.
I for one have wondered if we ever got back all of our people from the 1949-1953 conflict;
The NKs taught us a lot about brainwashing, as it came to be called.
These lessons, and some from the Nazis, have formed the basis of our own MK ultra, and other far more guesome and deadly programs, both in the USA, and in Canada.
But it all started(at least became infamous)here in this ipisqueek of a country.
Do read on....

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I always find it both crazy and fascinating about the concretion camps in North Korea. It's terrible to hear these stories from ex guards, victims, and so forth.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Remember brainwashing techniques have existed for along time. Its just last century we have technology to go with it. I doubt nk can teach america anything about what to do with humans as i think usa gov is more than capable of evil. Just that you have not heard of it.

Sickness all over this world, and maybe one day all our countries will be the same, but heck that means our controllers will be the same too.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm glad this was posted and hope it makes front page. The world closes it's eyes when it comes to the New Holocaust that's taking place in North Korea. Over 3 million have perished since Kim Jong Il stepped into power...something needs to be done.

Sadly, many refuse to even care or acknowledge the severe human rights violations in NK.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Remember brainwashing techniques have existed for along time. Its just last century we have technology to go with it. I doubt nk can teach america anything about what to do with humans as i think usa gov is more than capable of evil. Just that you have not heard of it.

Sickness all over this world, and maybe one day all our countries will be the same, but heck that means our controllers will be the same too.

Really? The US is shoving citizens in concentration camps? When we illegally enter Mexico or Canada, are we deported back here and then sent to a camp with our entire family to be executed? Millions are starving to death because of a dictating president?

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment but the US government is NOTHING like NK's tyrannic leaders...

Something needs to be done about Kim Jong Il...the people of North Korea need to revolt. Now.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
From the detail of camp 15 it looks like the layout is designed to get maximum production out of the prisoners while still administering maximum pain and suffering unto death in the gypsum mine.
The whole regime needs to come down before they go off the deep end collectively.I think there is more need for psyche war than nukes probably.
What would happen if these prisoners ever got the upper hand ?In the numbers stated, even discounting 90% there is still a sizeable anti goverment force for a fifth column.
Do you think theyd be of any help in a revolutionary coup?Could they be armed by swift air drop(after the first or second wave of missles and bombs)to help bring down the govt from the inside?
Or do you think maybe theyd be too weak and disorganised to do much?
Its a lot of bodies....and there is a camp for exgov guys whod be naturals if they could be reached....
Whatever happens, we really have to get rid of the NK problem sooner than later......

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The camps are Work camps. You are to do hard labor and if you disobey Any kind of rule or order from a soldier or guard, you are to be executed. Many Korean civilians who have been imprisoned in these camps are tortured and eventually executed, either by firing squad or a pack of guard dogs.

When the gates to NK finally open, the world will see how much blood has been shed due to our ignorance or lack of care to do anything to prevent it. We will witness one of the worst events in human history since the genocidal events in WW2.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

North Korea are into terrorising their own citizens through military threat, starvation & brain washing. These camps must be a nightmare for the victims. However when the co-alition finally gets around to smashing the North Korean Terrorist Dictatorship there will be somewhere to host the current criminal government & all the cronies.!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

What are american prisons. I wonder how many innocent peopel are in them?

Also what about all the crime sof america all over the world. I think anglo american empire is behind gaza, so that is about as bad as you can get.

America and human rights is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as human rights.

Ask the homeless on american streets who it is illegal to give food too.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Also what about all the crime sof america all over the world. I think anglo american empire is behind gaza, so that is about as bad as you can get.

Do you have proof of this or this a "gut feeling"?. Names, places, dates times, who authorised?. If you can show proof I will be the first to side with you!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is AWFUL!!! Such blatent anti-NK propaganda. North Koreans are a prosperous people. They are NON violent. AMERICA makes them look crazy-insane and poor. They are actually the most well rounded and balanced country on this planet.

If it wasn't for America, they would be a super power...

Ok enough of the BS.... Is anyone suprised by any of the human abuses in NK? "The party" only cares about "the party." His son is going to be worse than him. He has been groomed to hate the West.

I still think wack job kim il is going to blast one last hooraa and attack SK, before he exits.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

This thread is not about America, its about NK. Stop trying to derail this into another "American is the most evil country in the world" thread. Yes most of us are quite aware of what the U.S. is doing, but regardless that is not what this thread is about.

Anyway, there is a really great documentary from National Geographic that touches upon these prison camps. If you have access to netflix instant streaming you can find it on there.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Andy,

It is completely ignorant and immature to constantly CROW-BAR anti- american propaganda into nearly every thread you post on.

Are you seriously comparing the human rights violations, IN PRISONS, in North Korea and America? If you are saying that prison conditions in America and North Korea, are equal in human rights violations, you are one of 2 things.

1) A person that is intentionally spreading anti-American propaganda while lying to do so.
2) So uninformed that you have fell off the cliff of sanity and landed in a quagmire of deceit and ignorance.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
North Korea is a world leader in brainwashing techniques they were the first to really go at de programming the pows that came into their possession.
I am more than sure that the lessons learned in doing this have served them well in keeping their own people under strict control.
These camps represent the lowest form of goverment.......

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
north korea is like that little kid that talks a big game, and picks on his slightly smaller neighbor.that is untill the big brother comes and regulates
north korea is going to get cleaned by the us and allies
i guarantee it
its time for the most powerful military in to world to regulate

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One of the tragedies in the 1970s and 1980s was the North Korean military and intelligence services kidnapping of foreigners. North Korean submarines and ships were used in raids to abduct Japanese citizens to be involved in their spy training programme. Many were simply snatched from Japanese beaches.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Bizarrely US soldiers have defected in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s to North Korea. James Joseph Dresnok is the last survivor still living in North Korea.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

List of Defectors at the end of the Korean War.

en.wikipedia.org...

North Korean propaganda took on an added twist with Alejandro Cao de Benos. He lives in Spain, but has a North Korean passport and divides his time between the two countries. He won't have a bad word said against the regime.

Alejandro Cao de Benos certainly likes dressing up in uniform! In this clip he is seen praising and addressing the North Korean Supreme People's Assembly.

TJ

top topics

join