It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one thing everyone should have... P38

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
We bought some a few years ago for camping at Wal Mart. They're kept with our camping supplies. They are a very handy tool to have. It's true that most people don't have a clue as to what they are. My brother showed me one in 1984 when he came home from Marine Corp boot camp and I've had one around ever since.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by DaddyBare

Does this count as twice as good as the P38

THE P76

Its is double 38

No...
FYI...
Princess Grace of Monaco died ina P76 back in the 1980's
So I'd say that makes it more than twice as bad as a P38

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Carried one in my wallet for years. And every time I went camping at a SCA event, people knew who to come to for their can opening needs.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I didn't notice anyone having mentioned the Aussie version of the P-38. It is a little longer, with a small spoon built into the end. I bought a two-pack in a Target store, found them in the camping section of sporting goods, for less than 2 bucks.
Here is one:

Link to a lot of different P-38's

edit on 22-11-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i have two stowed away in my pack and belt. uk versions though so not as kick ass as the dukes. i always have the occasional laugh when i hand it over to the occasional newbie backpacker/camper. an absolute stunning invention of simplicity and function.
f

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy
Thinking about this thread. I just remembered something that happened to me about 30 years ago. It involves a P38/John Wayne.

Ya know they tell ya, "When you heat the cans put holes in them first." Well, not everyone follows these direction. Especially a dumb recruit like I was.

I had heated me up a can of Mac & Cheese on the exhaust manifold of a diesel. Without following the above rule. The can wasn't super duper hot. But I did have to wear a glove to hold on to it. So I takes me trusty John Wayne and punches a hole in the top of the can.

I'm sure some of you old timers know what happened next.

I got shot in the face with a steaming hot stream of melted cheese! It hurt like an S.O.B. I dropped the can, fell over backwards hollering while trying to wipe off what felt like molten lava from my face. Luckily none of I got in my eyes. Everyone who was there at the time almost died laughing. Took a long while for me to live that one down.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

LMAO!
Great story man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join