It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constellation Draco - Source of Humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was reading aryeh Kaplans translation and commetary of Sefer Yetzirah - the book of formations, and in one part of the book he discusses the 12 mazalot (zodiac signs) as theyre discussed in kabbalistic writings. He than went on to discuss the particular importance of the constellation Draco. For one, its considered the point in the heavens where the universe is "hung". Hence the identification of this point in the heavens of the situating of the 12 signs of the zodiac.

After going into this, he mentions something quite strange. Kaplan was a very well respected academic, who at one point was the youngest physicist to be employed by the US government, and than he went on to become a great rabbi and highly acclaimed kabbalist, who authored a great deal of books (an amazing amount) in his short 48 year life. He also was very close with the late Lubavitcher Rebbe (world famous rabbi. Education day is named after him in the US). So when he said something, you take it seriously.

He said that in certain midieval kabbalistic texts, there are certain meditations and anecdotes connected with the constellation Draco. It was said that this planet had been seeded with 'life' from a humanoid race from a planet in the constellation draco, and this is why our zodiac and "universe" is 'Hung" be this particular constellation. He also said that these works describe communications, via other dimensions, with people from this planet.

He also said in another work, that he believed that in the greater scheme of the universe, after a planet evolves to a certan degree in their divine mission, they move to a higher level of existence. One of the tasks in this higher level, is to seed life on other planets. This is apart of G-ds great mission to spread Tzedekah (charity) and Tzaddiks (righteous men) throughout the universe.

All this may have been speculation on his part, or maybe it was something he knew, that we 'little people' dont know.

edit on 20-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As for us being seeded. Erich Neuman in his "origins and history of consciousness" he suggests that around 5800 years ago, man developed from a primitive consciousness, to a self consciousness. This is funny, because the Sumerians deified the god responsible for civilization, as "me". This "me" had given civilization to man. This in other words suggests that civilization was a development of mans spiritual reality. Prior to the beginnings of sumer (the first, academically accepted civiliation on earth) man had been essentially a hunter and a gatherer. He hadnt yet developed a sophisticated language, or mathematics or a writings system. He lacked these things because he lacked an integral component of consciousness which makes this possible. Self consciousness. The "me" (yes, i am suggesting that theres a connection between the sumerian "me" and the PIE(proto indo european) Me, which is the source of the english 'me').

Its explained in Jungian psychology, Comparatitive mythology and other works, that primitives of highly insulated places, in indonesia, southeast asia, central africa and south america, have a very elaborate mythic belief sytem, but dont have explanations for what they belief. To them, its natural, and real, and they are complete identified with the objects of their worship. To the high cultures, circa sumer onwards, myth had allegorical meaning. It was understood, albeit, not promulgated, that the myth spoke of unnameable and abstract realities.
Primitive, do not have this understanding. They unconscious act, and identify, without asking why, because ultimately, they lack an inner "I" to consider something outside of them as different from themselves. Pretty enormous, is it not? Theres no separation between the subject and the object. They may be human looking, but they possess all the spiritual characteristics of animals (that is, lacking self consciousness, of an awareness of self.

With the beginning of the Hebrew calendar, 5771 years ago *perfectly coinciding with our modern archeological understanding) primtive man, somehow changed, quite drastically actually. He developed a complex math system, based on 60, an a very highly advanced culture with a language etc. How did this happen? Its my theory, as Aryeh Kaplan suggests, that a more advanced mankind came here an indoctrinated our humanity, and thus this very planet, into a higher dimension of reality. The reality, of good and evil. Of dualistic consciousness. Of self consciousness, an "i" that is something "other" than his environment. How did man gain this awareness? Well, today, you can take one of those primitves who lacks this higher aspect of consciousness, of 'ego' and simply educate him. Knowledge has a peculiar ability to tranfrom consciousness, and draw it into higher levels. By virtue of knowledge, he recieves, and perceives reality in a new and dramatically different way. Mankind had been granted this knowledge by this 'ETs" who in truth are angels, even if they are physical human beings. In the strictest sense of the term, "malak" Hebrew for angel, also means messenger. both physical and spiritual messengers are called angels. In other words, mankind after they evolve beyond the spiritual state theyre currently in, will also be like angels "knowing only good". Not to say they wouldnt understand evil. It would sorta be like how no sane person will throw himself in a fire. He understands the consequences. This 'superior' "Adam" has a far reaching consciousness, which sees clearly the consequences of his actions. Therefore, he is wise and only acts in accordance with the divine will.

These men came here, educated our leaders, who were collectively called "Adam". Adam constituted one spiritual consciousness, in that they were indoctrinated into the mysteries of creation. They saw with such unstinting clarity, that they couldnt help but do what was the will of their source, and therefore were at complete one with him. Eventually, this dualistic capability which they had been granted showed its 'ugly' side. The ugly side being the realization of another vector, of physicality, and the physical urge. This duality finally expressed itself when Adam 'sinned' and fell from his place. The subsequent generations in the Torah, of children, onwards, express different attitudes and archetypal states (all hebrew names also have meaning). So Adam, Eve, each express a particular archetypal consciousness. Adam means "I have blood" (a realization of "I" am a spiritual being. The blood being the physical symbol of spirit) Eve is connected with the word for "life". Cayin is connected to a ''cane', and abel means 'vapor'. And everyother name, something highly meaningful is alluded to.

It does indeed describe a literal history, but in a very spiritual, and abstract sort of way.

This is just a theory i have. I dont completely hold to it, as i can be wrong. But much of it makes sense to me. The kabbalistic idea of hebrew names is completely authentic, and apart of Judaisms inne tradition. The only thoery on my part here is trying to explain in a physical sense, how man transformed 5771 years from a huntergather to capable of civilization. Aryeh Kaplans theories and Erich Neummans analysis of mans early history and development of conscious both lend credence to this theory, but, again could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Let me be the first to flag this excellant well researched thread.The constellation of Draco is quite interresting as it is circumpolar, which means it is always visible from the northern hemisphere. Alpha Draconis (Thuban) was actually our pole star 4000 years ago. (now replaced by Polaris) Thuban has a very faint companion,perhaps a planet that rotates around Thuban every 51 days. Thuban is about 310 light years away, which means IF a race living on Thuban could somehow defy the laws of physics and travel at 186,272 miles per second, it would take them 390 years to reach earth. Since defying the laws of physics is unlikely it would presumably take thousands of years to reach Earth. In my mind that eliminates the possibility of travel to "seed" Earth. The possibility remains that the "stuff" of life could have been sent and landed here.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Let me be the first to flag this excellant well researched thread.The constellation of Draco is quite interresting as it is circumpolar, which means it is always visible from the northern hemisphere. Alpha Draconis (Thuban) was actually our pole star 4000 years ago. (now replaced by Polaris) Thuban has a very faint companion,perhaps a planet that rotates around Thuban every 51 days. Thuban is about 310 light years away, which means IF a race living on Thuban could somehow defy the laws of physics and travel at 186,272 miles per second, it would take them 390 years to reach earth. Since defying the laws of physics is unlikely it would presumably take thousands of years to reach Earth. In my mind that eliminates the possibility of travel to "seed" Earth. The possibility remains that the "stuff" of life could have been sent and landed here.

Thanks for the flag.

Maybe we simply have an incomplete knowledge of the universe.

I dont think if it did occur, it couldnt happen by means of inter-dimensional travel.

Obviously that enters into the realm of the science fiction, but, its worth entertaining as a thought. Who knows how unusual reality really is. The 'higher dimensions' that we humans experience are called simply, 'emotion', thought, intuition, and the highest of all will.

The kabbalah explains that there is a linear and a circular parts of reality. The above 4 states are the linear, ie; internalized human experience of the 4 kabbalistic worlds, of emanation, creation, formation and action.

The 4 circular worlds, which parallel, and 'encompass' and so arent experienced by us, but are parallels of the internalized states we experience, could possibly be what science fiction talks about when its speak of 'higher dimensions' of reality.

We experience simply the physical. Yet we know through mysticism, that there are higher levels to reality. Energetic or abstract are various way we can describe it. At the level of the world of "action" we have this physical, concretized world. The more spiritual levels of this world, are associated with energies responsible for the phenomena experienced in reality. This means essentially, the 'nefesh' or 'vitality' of reality. Above this world are the world of principles, laws, patterns, which influence the lower levels of reality. Above this are primordial concepts. These 'surround' and influence these lower levels. And yet theb higher you go the more refined and abstract the 'energies' become. And much more encompassing and closer to the divine 'essence'.

Im not sure if science can ever figure out how to get outside of this dimension. Yet in Theory, according to the Kabbalah (as explained by Isaac Luria, in his 'tree of life') all the internalized worlds also have a 'circular' or external counterpart. This means this world, which is the external world of the world of Action, has a higher level which encompasses it (or of a finer vibration, you could say). Maybe the experiments at Cern could probe into one of these worlds.

Im not educated enough in Kabbalah, to go into really great detail, but i know enough to say that there are higher worlds above this lowest one, which govern ALL of reality, no matter where you are in physical space. So, what if you could devise a means to transport yourself through these higher dimensions to reappear in another place and time in the physical universe, instantaneously.

Im not describing 'space travel'. Although that is highly interesting, im not talking about that. If this could be done through travel, maybe a 'worm hole' could be used to travel elsewhere in space.

Honestly, i wish i knew more to make this discussion more entertaining, but the above is all i know. Worm holes being used as a means to travel through physical space is a popular science fiction idea, yet i have no clue on what it bases itself on, or what theories are even connected to that. I only know that in mystical thought, higher realities, in their 'circular' aspect, can be crossed into and out of by means of the higher realities which contain aspects of this world (in image) and the higher world (not being contained by the lower laws of time/space) and so one can cross into and out of the universe at will.

This is sort of the basis behind crazy ideas like 'teleportation'. It sounds crazy, no? But its perfectly possible. Only the body prevents this from happening. To one who has 'spiritualized' his body however, through ascetic practices. Using these higher dimensions to 'travel' is possible.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man

Also, Aryeh Kaplan says explicitly, that he believes that physical man was 'seeded', implying that terrestrial man already existed. I dont think magic mushrooms played a part, as some people believe (although i entertain it as plausible).

So in theory, its mankind, from another planet in a completely different solar system that came here physically and imparted to man, physically, the spiritual knowledge that enabled them to 'grow' in this way. Some say Hebrew was the language, these more advanced men imparted to our forefathers. This 'studying' of it enabled man to percieve the inner nature of the physical world they now understood as being 'other' than themselves, yet a projection of the higher spiritual world. This explains the midrashic comment that "adam saw from one end of the universe to the other". He saw from the highest dimensions, to this lowest one.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The most high is the constellation of Draco, could be a the constellation of the snake godesses. It's represented as the swastika in all regions of the world by drawing its rotation around the polestar Thuban.

Draco turned on its own axis, since Thuban, a star in Draco, was the polestar, or the North Pole, around 3000 B.C.E. Thus, it seemed that Draco turned around itself at the center of the universe, for the North Star is the axis mundi, the axis of the world, around which all the stars seem to rotate. That rotation had a positive connotation, as did the symbol which stood for it, although that symbol has become the embodiment of all that was bad in Europe during the Second World War: the swastika.

www.reptilianagenda.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There is a site called the Chronicle Project which you may want to check out. Apparently, they have uncovered a method of directly translating hebrew and when applied to the books of the Bible, it reads a tad different than what 'ole King James seems to think.

BTW, the site goes up and down sometimes, almost like it is under a DNS or DDoS attack. Maybe it's just an iffy server farm, who knows? The link is correct though, so keep trying. The translation of the Book of Genesis (Chronicles) is quite interesting, you'd almost think aliens came down and made us ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/21.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: of spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
There is a site called the Chronicle Project which you may want to check out. Apparently, they have uncovered a method of directly translating hebrew and when applied to the books of the Bible, it reads a tad different than what 'ole King James seems to think.

BTW, the site goes up and down sometimes, almost like it is under a DNS or DDoS attack. Maybe it's just an iffy server farm, who knows? The link is correct though, so keep trying. The translation of the Book of Genesis (Chronicles) is quite interesting, you'd almost think aliens came down and made us ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/21.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: of spelling

That site is the stupidest thing ive ever seen.

Appreciate the suggestion. But its horrible.

I read Hebrew and their attempt to redefine Hebrew is simply pathetic. It'll convince those who have no understanding of Hebrew, or its grammar, word roots etc, but those who are educated in this will either laugh or be stunned with "how the hell can anyone believe this stuff"!?

And yes, ive gone through the site before. Its propaganda. It is clearly, and when i say clearly i mean unbelievably obviously, propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join