It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Prepares for Martial Law in United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Time to stand together and kick some #. I'll die before I give up my **freedom. Even if I stand alone. I rather die BRAVE, than to live as a COWARD, any day of the week.

**Freedom, what we have isn't REALLY freedom, it's possible to be more free than we are. We need laws an enforcers, but we need the laws to be reasonable, and the enforcers to be enforced, while civilians are expected to be civil. Anarchy will only bring chaos.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Time to stand together and kick some #. I'll die before I give up my **freedom. Even if I stand alone. I rather die BRAVE, than to live as a COWARD, any day of the week.

**Freedom, what we have isn't REALLY freedom, it's possible to be more free than we are. We need laws an enforcers, but we need the laws to be reasonable, and the enforcers to be enforced, while civilians are expected to be civil. Anarchy will only bring chaos.

I think they not only know we will react, theyre hoping for it. It all comes down to a total take-over with total contol.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The frogs been in the pot of water for years now but theyve grown impatient and 9/11 (who caused it doesnt matter)
was their golden opportunity to expedite these plans.
On the outside, security experts called it a tragedy but on the inside, they were salivating at their fortunes.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nice/scary OP. S&F. I agree they will not stop until they control every facet of daily life for us "cattle". I also will absolutely never concede. I will die free before I will ever live as aslave to the plutocracy. It's a pity things have been allowed to slip so far. I think the further we allow them to push us before we say enough, the harder it will be and the more people that will be hurt or killed to stop them.

They are after all by far the minority and their control is an illusion. The problem is that it is one very good illusion and as long as a solid majority believe it and are afraid, we can't win.

So keep trying to educate the masses to the truth. It's our only shot.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Who controls the US army now a days?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by makemap
Who controls the US army now a days?

Same as always, whoever controls the President also control the Military

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Thanks, It is a bit scary but the real fear wont happen until we see tanks parked at the stores and banks. It could happen in a blink of an eye if the right emergency happened.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some of you guys are so delusionally paranoid its not even funny. Seeing conspiracies in everything, and sinister intentions around every corner. Some of you guys need to put the tinfoil hats back on to block out the Government signals broadcasting to your brains. Once the signals stop, think about what you are saying, and mabe apply some ocmmon sense.

The driving force behind Law Enforcement is to protect society, not the individual. If a mass disaster occurs in the manner you guys are describing, then yes, things will be different. The sole function of any Government operations during a time like this is first and foremost to stablize the affected region.

This includes setting up secured areas for people, food / medial / resources coming into the area, evacuation points to get people out of the area. The goal is to regain some control over the affected areas and to rescue any person that was not able to make it out of the area. Once rescue efforts are stopped, it moves into recovery.

In addition to all of this, the people who did make it out need to be accounted for. The reason this is done is so emergency services has an idea of how many people are missing, left behind, and who made it out.

By moving people to centralized areas makes it easier to get then needed resources to these people for basic survival.

Apply some damn common sense for a change people.

Also, as a side note to Katrina, it was the State Government that failed, not the Federal Government. The State is the lead agency in any massive disaster that occurs within their border. The Governor of Louisiana, a Democrat at the time, hated Bush and was based on polotics.

She failed to issue appropriate orders, like using the 200+ school buses in the area to assist in evacuations. She failed to issue a timely forced eveacuation order, and in the aftermath, refused to fully cooperate to the get the resources needed into the area.

The Federal Government, namely FEMA, is designed to augment local SEMA. The NIM's system put into place afterwards was specifically designed because of the failures during Katrina. The Governor, who failed spectacularly at her job, decided to blame the FEds for not doing enough.

The arguments I see from a lot of you is its up to the person to take care of themselves. As you can see from Katrina, and other mass disasters in US history (if some of you would read history, some of your paranoia might go down some) when a massive interuption of daily life occurs, even the individual is unable to completely survive without some type of assistance.

The FEMA camps many people talk about has never made it beyond the bill and one supporter, a rep from Florida. The FEMA "camps" as people refer to them are again a response from Katrina. Military bases have the infrastructure to survive mass disasters due to uilding code requirements for hardened military structures.

Since these bases are alrady designed to withstand mass disaster, it makes them a logical resource to exploit. Backup energy, communications systems, a secured area etc. The Congressional Bill is to make resources available to displaced people who would normally be in limbo for many months, if not years.

The concept was to proive places to sleep, food, medical, buildings for schools etc. It is designed to deal with the disaster, while at the same time allowing people to continue to get some of the basic neccesities (kids going back to school so they dont fall behind etc).

Text of H.R. 645: National Emergency Centers Establishment Act

I urge you guys to actually read the text of the suggested legislation. It was introduced January of 2009 under the start of the 111th Congress (last 2 years of Bush, 1st 2 years of Obama).

Purpose:

SEC. 2. ESTABLISHMENT OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY CENTERS.

(a) In General- In accordance with the requirements of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish not fewer than 6 national emergency centers on military installations.

(b) Purpose of National Emergency Centers- The purpose of a national emergency center shall be to use existing infrastructure--

(1) to provide temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster;

(2) to provide centralized locations for the purposes of training and ensuring the coordination of Federal, State, and local first responders;

(3) to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations; and

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Some of you pointed the the designation of the 10 Govenors, which is related to this section:

(c) Location of National Emergency Centers- There shall be established not fewer than one national emergency center in each of the following areas:

(1) The area consisting of Federal Emergency Management Agency Regions I, II, and III.

(2) The area consisting of Federal Emergency Management Agency Region IV.

(3) The area consisting of Federal Emergency Management Agency Regions V and VII.

(4) The area consisting of Federal Emergency Management Agency Region VI.

(5) The area consisting of Federal Emergency Management Agency Regions VIII and X.

(6) The area consisting of Federal Emergency Management Agency Region IX.

Specifically many people are not aware of Federal Law that actually directs the suggested Bill.

42 USC 5122

Specifically pay attention to section "2"

(2) Major disaster.— “Major disaster” means any natural catastrophe (including any hurricane, tornado, storm, high water, winddriven water, tidal wave, tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, landslide, mudslide, snowstorm, or drought), or, regardless of cause, any fire, flood, or explosion, in any part of the United States, which in the determination of the President causes damage of sufficient severity and magnitude to warrant major disaster assistance under this chapter to supplement the efforts and available resources of States, local governments, and disaster relief organizations in alleviating the damage, loss, hardship, or suffering caused thereby.

HR 645 calls for funds to be made available to upgrade designated military bases to be used in the event of a massive disaster, the reasons for the establishment are outlined in the above section. 42 USC 5122, which is cited in HR 645, is the FEderal Law that governs the declaration of an "Emergency" or a "Major Disaster" byt he President of the United States.

As you can see, the law requires any Federal response to be subordinate to State, Local Government and disaster relief agencies involved (which again are subordinate to State and Local Governments).

As you can see their is absolutely nothing that can force a person to one of these "bases" nor is there anything law requiring they stay there. The prevention of a person from going into a disaster area is again done by State and Local authorities.

The purpose of the individual National Guard units is, in addition to augmenting the Federal Military, is to protect the State. To the people who are assuming the entire Military of the United States, from Federal all the way down to National Guard Units, in addition to all levels of LAw Enforcement, would go along with a coup, which is what it is, is ignoring the integrity of the people in Uniform and in my opinion severely underestimating their beliefs.

So please, dom some research for yourselves before buying into a misleading report that only takes the parts it wants to paint a sinister picture. The assumption that 250+ million citizens would not take up arms in the event of a military take over or coup in this country is also underestimating the population.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

I would submit that this has already hapened, at least to an extent. It's no secret that the MSM is controlled by coporate interests. The same interests that all but 'own' the majority of our elected officials.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Now, as for the video the OP posted. If people would take some time to watch and read the areas the video does not highlight, you would note the following:

If people spent time researching what the unlabled video claims, in addition to reading what is not highlighted in the video, you would see the video has an ulterior motive.

At 32 Seconds
The first slide talking about the US bringing combat unit back home to be used in civil unrest. If you read before and after the highlighted protion, you would see the portion that specifically talks about mass poisoning resulting from Chemical, Biological or a Nuclear attack.

The video fails to verbalize the Nuclear, Chemical Biological or Yield disaster, selling it as simply urban / civil unrest. - A scare tactic by a paranoid person.

At 56 Seconds
it talks about the Posse Comitatus Act, stating it prohibits the army from policing civilians on AMerican soil. Again this is incorrect - Posses Commitatus / Insurection Act prohibits Active duty Federal Military units from engaging in civilian Law Enforcement Functions. Deploying Federal Military to solely maintain a presence while subordinate to State or Local Government, in that strictest sense, is valid.

Posses Commitatus does not apply to State National Guard military units, as they answer to the State Adjutant General and the Govenor as the Commander in Chief of the State Militia.

The Video fails to make these distinctions, again selling it as any military use is illegal - A Scare tactic and paranoid person.

At 1:40
It talks about secret talks behind closed doors by Congress to declare MArtial Law, referring to the Continuity of Government Plan, which does exist and has for some time now, started President Eisenhower under executive order, and later codfied.

Federal Continuity of Government Plan - Wiki

Where does the COG gets its basis?

3 USC 19 Vacancy in offices of both President and Vice President; officers eligible to act.

This is not a coup, or dclaration of Martial Law. The Constitution provides for a succession under the 25th Amendment, which deals with death or removal by cabinet, or by the President himself. What the Constitution did not take into account at the time of its inception, were weapons of mass destruction, and the plausibility of more than the President, the VP and SPeaker of House and Sentae Pro Temp being killed.

Absent a COG plan, our Federal Government ends. The States however, would continue to operate normally since it does not affect the them.

At 2:20
Col. North is asked by Brookes about working on the COG plan, with the question being stopped by another rep. The reason this was not touched on in depth is you do not want to give your enemies a list of targets. The Col north incidents took place at the height of the Cold War.

At 2:50
It talks about the US military in conjunction with foriegn troops condunctiong urban warefare training during the 90's to detain and arrest US citizens.

What the video is not talking about is this:
Marines landing -- in North Carolina

What the video failed to point out:

"This is dynamic stuff," he said. "We'll be working in an environment with everyday people. You don't get things like pets and kids in a training facility." The exercise is expected to go well, said Christmas, because the town has welcomed the Marines with open arms, unlike other cities that have resisted military urban training.
"We have to work closely together," he said. "Daily, our commanding officers will meet with the town officials to go over that day's plans. So far they have given us any help we need," explained Christmas.

and most importantly:

The checkpoint training is designed to teach Marines proper checkpoint security, according to Christmas. Soldiers will learn how to stop and search vehicles and the people in them. Residents will not be affected, he said, because the Marines already have a number of "role players" who will be the actual ones stopped and searched rather than the general public.

Role Players, meaning volunteers. God forbid we point that out since it would undermine the videos intent of scarring the hell out of paranoid people. Title 10 and Title 32 are mentioned, which respectively provides the legal role of military, and the use of such in domestic matters. Since this was training, neither article was violated, including posse commitatus.

The video concludes with the commentator talking about it being ok for military to go into US cities.

Please, people, apply some damn common sense and actually do research bfore believing something off youtube that predicts the government is coming for your children and the gold and silver fillings in your mouth.

And finally, who put the video together?

Corbett Report

The Corbett Report provides podcasts, interviews, articles and videos about breaking news and important issues from 9/11 Truth and false flag terror to the Big Brother police state, eugenics, geopolitics, the central banking fraud and more.

While I commend any group that takes an active intrest in keeping an eye on Government, failing to factually represent issues, instead opting for a skewed, biased opinion based not on actual concern, but extreme paranoia, is not credible.

Please, research on your own and make educated decisions.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

I would submit that this has already hapened, at least to an extent. It's no secret that the MSM is controlled by coporate interests. The same interests that all but 'own' the majority of our elected officials.

Its actually in reference to information pertaining to a massive disaster. Instead of the entire Federal Government's agencies, States agencies, local Government agencies, law enforcement, fire, ems etc, all giving press conference, it comes down to just a few people in order to get the info out as accurately as possible to prevent wide spread panic and the reporting of rumors, which the MSM does when it cannot confirm information.

Also, if a massive disaster occured, there is going to be a need to get information to people who are trapped in areas, directing them where they can go for food, shelter, security etc. The Media has cooperated in this manner before and does to this day, namely Amber Alerts and the Weekly tests you hear on TV with the "If this were an emergency you would here directions blah blah".

That is what its refering to. Not US troops going into FoxNews or MSNBC's headquarters and sezing control, like was done in V.

Again, common sense people.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Everything youre saying and everything that youre commenting on is open to legal interpretation but i think that the Govt will do as it pleases and then take their chances with the courts later on, if it ever even comes to that because I dont think they have a problem breaking the law or making it up as they go along.
Everything that I mentioned about Katrina was fact, I know this because it was reported and I was also there and
I was also in a Hotel just East of New Iberia La when Rita hit but was sent to the Houston/Beaumont area soon aftwerwards. There where there was no flooding like there was in La but the restrictions were just the same, if not worse.
I know first hand how they they did not allow individual travel out of the NO area and they did not allow individual travel into the Houston/Beaumont area for at least two weeks.
There were military checkpoints strategically placed at all the major highway exits that led in and out of those areas.
None of this was done the previous year in Florida where they had 4 major hurricanes hit and I was there for all of them.

One final note. I read somewhere not long afterwards that NO was an exercise on how to keep citizens in a city and Houston was an exercise on how to keep them out.

I may be a bit distrustful in the direction that my country is heading but not delusional or paranoid but I think you may be a bit delusional, if you dont sense that there something very wrong with its direction.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Animatrix because: i can

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't think I was at all implying that troops would storm the networks or anything like it. I really wouldn't expect that scenario to happen at all. I just feel the MSM as it is now, is little more than a propaganda corps for the big coporations.They all have political bias and seriously? Who cares what Lady Gaga is doing? Why is that news when our political system is corrupt, our economy is falling apart etc etc. Seems like every day it's more bread and circuses... I don't give a rats patootie if Bristol Palin does or doesn't win DWTS.

Actually, Babylon 5 far more springs to mind than V, since it went through the whole process of presidential coup, gestappo like civilian spy force, martial law and secession.Hrm.. makes one wonder if the Interstellar Alliance was supposed to be in some way representative of the NWO? Or were the Vorlons/Shadows more the metaphore for that? Maybe I need to pull out my DVDs and revisit it. I always loved that show.
edit on 21-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

And based on my experince with Katrina people were allowed to leave, as the area I work in was a designated area for evacuees to head to. We had seperate forms at Hospitals and other areas where if people checked in from that area, they filled out the extra form so they could be accounted for in the affected area, instead of being lsited as missing.

An evacuation order from the Govenor is an evacuation order. It is to get people out of harms way in order to limit the loss of life, and anyone not seeing this, well thats your opinion I guess. Military units used for traffic control, as well as check point control were activated national guard units.

When an evacuation is given, the affected area under the order takes priority. If other areas begin a mass exodus, and they are not in harms way, it prevents the people who are in harms way from getting out. They also prevent people from entering these areas, and afterwards prevents people who do not live in the affected area from gaining access to it.

Afterwards, when all is said and done, the same people bitching about the Governemtn forcing people to leave the area, begin bitching the Government did not do enough, as can be seen with Katrina.

As far as legal interpretation this is somewhat correct. If the Government takes an action that appears to be illegal / unconstitutional based on someone elses viewpoint that is affected by those actions, they can challenge it in court. Which means unless a Federal judge issues an injuction preventing certain actions, it remains in effect and allowable, up to and including appealing to the US Supreme Court.

Rule of Law works both ways - You cant argue the government is ignoring law by demanding any court to stop the action, when the action the court takes in and of itself is also not allowed.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: Fixed last sentence by clarifing.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

It occurs because the people allow it to happen. Just like the actions of our State and Federal Governments. People complain about what they do, but when the times comes to chuck them out of office, they stay home instead of voting.

Most states allow recall efforts, yet people ignore this as an option, instead complaining they have no recourse.

The Media is the same.. They cater to what their viewers want, because thats how they make their money. Cut the flow of money, and you will see change. Again this requires people to take action and get involved.

I used V as an example because the entire premis behind the video was based off a book in the early 30's. Essentially the theme was "it can never happen here". The origional movie was pitched to the networks and all turned it down. Only when the movie was made into a sci fi film, cashing in on the popularity of star trek and star was, did a network go for it.

People come in peace, wanting to help society. In the process a false flag operation is set underway to discredit the people who had the most expertise in stopping the operation. Pretty soon, for security, martial law is declared, and military and law enforcement work as one, with no free media, rationing of resources, restricted movement, no free speech etc.

To me it sounds exactly like what some people in these forums put forward.

What really gets me though are these people "see it" yet do nothing to verify it is taking place, instaed relying on others who skew the information. They do nothing to stop it, as in taking part in government at all levels. They dont contact their federal representatives, or make any effort to get an investigation or media attention going.

The ones who do try it present the facts along with their opinions and come across as a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing morons.

Presenting information with facts to support it, in a movement pushed by the people, would gather a lot of attention.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Every year someone comes on here and brings this topic up.
the video means nothing to me,. the actual acts of executing is a concern.
However, please elaborate just what is going to happen that will cause us to
become subject to such a prison.

I would like to hear this scenario.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Every year someone comes on here and brings this topic up.
the video means nothing to me,. the actual acts of executing is a concern.
However, please elaborate just what is going to happen that will cause us to
become subject to such a prison.

I would like to hear this scenario.

They also bring up the EMA camps and HR 645, yet never show the legislation was never adopted or signed into law. The acts of execution come from ancient times when field commanders called a drum head, which was where the commander held his own court, being judge, jury and in most cases executioner, dispensing his own justice.

I have had situations where I have been in an area looking for a fugitive. During my search I would come across property owners who would often confront me with their guns. While quite a pucker factor, after a very quick command and seeing the uniform, things would settle down.

In an area that is under a disaster, the ability of the people to protect themselves is paramount. The notion executions are handed out come from several movies during the 80's that portrayed either a mass disaster, nuclear devestation etc, where there is absolutely NO Federal state or Local agencies to provde law enforcement.

In all of these movies anyone caught breaking the law, no matter how insignificant, were executed and displayed to serve as a warning to others about breaking the law.

I think that is where most people get their views from imo, or from movies or clips from other countries. As evidence by the OP's video, its easy to take situations and twist them, or ommit inofrmation, to serve an agenda.

What does all of this mean? The People need to keep an eye on the Government at all Levels and take part in the process to ensure they are held accountible. Absent this participation, we are inviting the erosion of our rights.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What disaster will be heading our way?
yes keep an eye on things,but who will you suggest?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

What really gets me though are these people "see it" yet do nothing to verify it is taking place, instaed relying on others who skew the information. They do nothing to stop it, as in taking part in government at all levels. They dont contact their federal representatives, or make any effort to get an investigation or media attention going.

As I said, I was there, not in an area where the "refugees" were bussed to (as no individual travel was allowed after landfall), I was there working in NO, Weswego, Morgan City, Lafeyett, New Iberia, Hammond, all over that area, until after Rita hit, so my comments arent hearsay.

And your legal interpretation doesnt mean a thing, unless of course youre a White House or military attorney.
So go ahead and spin it anyway you want because you clearly either believe everything the Govt says, youre employed by them or you really dont care either way and you just want to argue.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

Military or Government agent or employee -Nope

Commissioned Police Officer- Yup (As a side note for clarification, I was not in Louisiana, but in a state who saw refugees coming in).

I don't beliee everything the Government, Local, State or Federal, puts out. I do my own research in addition to it. I do believe however that not every person who is employed by a State, Local or Federal entity is involved in some massive conspiracy theory that would bring the United States down, and enslave the population of this planet ina scene right out of planet of the apes.

I have seen where Government can do good. I have seen it where they do bad. But in all of those instances they attempted to do what they thought was right. Since none of us can walk on water, e are prone to making mistakes. Its easy to look at a situation like Katrina through 20/20 hindsight, but that doesnt make the conclusion correct.

At the time actions were taken to prevent loss of life based on the information present at the time. Being you and I were not in any major command capacity we do the best we can with the info and resources available to us.

The purpose of this thread is to address the OP's video, which I dissassembled and provided the support to that. Is it good the people are not trusting of the Government - Absolutely.

When it goes from being suspicious to an outright demeanor of everything the Government does is part of some conspiracy to strip us of our rights and place us into a slave style enviornment, I just don't buy the argument to that degree.

As apathetic as the American People are, history has show what they are capable of given the presence of a threat. I for one would rather face a foriegn military than a civil insurection in this country. In the event of a civil insurection based on the Federal Government tossing the Constitution, you will find me on the side of the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join