It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think tank: 92% of Afghans never heard of 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well if they were asked what happened on 09/11/01... for all we know they could've been thinking "What the hell happened November 9th?"

Seriously though, the reason why a national gov't never really caught on there was because tribes tend to stick together and don't talk to outsiders too much. But I imagine that after interacting with NATO forces off and on for almost 10 years, it sounds highly suspect that they still never heard of the 9/11 attacks.

I imagine it would probably be the first thing they discussed when they first meet any coalition forces. The whole "Why are you here?" thing.

I'd really like to see how they got their data, until then it doesn't sound too credible.
edit on 26-12-2010 by ayoss because: punctuation and stuff

edit on 26-12-2010 by ayoss because: Readability

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ayoss

I imagine it would probably be the first thing that discussed when they first meet any coalition forces. The whole "Why are you here?" thing.

Now wouldn't that be a great conversation..

Afghan: So US soldier, why are you here..

US: Umm, because 19 mainly Saudi terrorists flew planes into buildings in the US and killed 3000 US civilians..

edit on 26-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by ayoss

I imagine it would probably be the first thing that discussed when they first meet any coalition forces. The whole "Why are you here?" thing.

Now wouldn't that be a great conversation..

US: Umm, because 19 mainly Saudi terrorists flew planes into buildings in the US and killed 3000 US civilians..

edit on 26-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Either deliberately, or through ignorance, you are conveniently ignoring the terrorist training camps hosted by the Taliban; which most, if not all of the the hi-jackers , attended.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Either deliberately, or through ignorance, you are conveniently ignoring the terrorist training camps hosted by the Taliban; which most, if not all of the the hi-jackers , attended.

Wheres your proof? and,
OK then, did the CIA know that before or after 9/11.??

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

Wheres your proof? and,

Of course it was known long before 9/11. Clinton was lobbing cruise missiles at them in 1998.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

reply to post by Alfie1

Wheres your proof? and,

Of course it was known long before 9/11. Clinton was lobbing cruise missiles at them in 1998.

Funny, your link is all about Osama bin Laden..
Last I heard he was NOT wanted in connection to the 9/11 attacks..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I suppose that would be why, as recently as Sept 2010, the US President said that killing or capturing OBL remains a " high priority ".

www.cbsnews.com...

It is really a waste of time debating stuff if you just resolutely turn a blind eye to reality.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I suppose that would be why, as recently as Sept 2010, the US President said that killing or capturing OBL remains a " high priority ".

www.cbsnews.com...

It is really a waste of time debating stuff if you just resolutely turn a blind eye to reality.

Reality is that Bush pushed the US into wars that are now considered a mistake by the US Government..
Reality is that OBL is NOT wanted in the US for any crime involving 9/11.

Care to show me proof that differs.???

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Reality is that Bush pushed the US into wars that are now considered a mistake by the US Government..
Reality is that OBL is NOT wanted in the US for any crime involving 9/11.

Care to show me proof that differs.???

OBL has been on the FBI's 10 most wanted list for many years. The fact that no formal charges have been laid in respect of 9/11 is neither here nor there. What is the point when he is not in custody and unlikely ever to be so alive ?

If you genuinely think OBL is completely innocent of 9/11 you have to handwave away a great deal of evidence, not least his own claim of responsibility.

Bush, and my own then Prime Minister Tony Blair, have been roundly criticized for the invasion of Iraq on flimsy grounds, but not Afghanistan where the terrorist training camps had been a matter of international concern for years.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

OBL has been on the FBI's 10 most wanted list for many years. The fact that no formal charges have been laid in respect of 9/11 is neither here nor there. What is the point when he is not in custody and unlikely ever to be so alive ?

It's a HUGE point when you invade a country based on saying OBL is there when the FBI does not even recognise him as a suspect.
www.fbi.gov...

USAMA BIN LADEN

Murder of U.S. Nationals Outside the United States; Conspiracy to Murder U.S. Nationals Outside the United States; Attack on a Federal Facility Resulting in Death

REWARD: The Rewards For Justice Program, United States Department of State, is offering a reward of up to $25 million for information leading directly to the apprehension or conviction of Usama Bin Laden. An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.

Bin Laden is the leader of a terrorist organization known as Al-Qaeda, "The Base". He is left-handed and walks with a cane.

You would think if they had credible proof to link OBL to 9/11 then they would list it...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Do you honestly believe Osama Ben Laden was responsible for that? haha. you serious??
If he was, he would be found so easily, CIA if they want to find someone, they WILL. It seems like he isn't of a high importance mission for US, apparently because 9/11 wasn't really accomplished by "Terrorists'.

btw Al-qaeda doesn't exist.

Everyone who believes Al-qaeda did it , is an idiot, because it literally means in arabic someone who is a solely a defender or freedom fighter , there is no such thing as this Organization.. it is made up.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vendetta1986
reply to post by Alfie1

Everyone who believes Al-qaeda did it , is an idiot, because it literally means in arabic someone who is a solely a defender or freedom fighter , there is no such thing as this Organization.. it is made up.

Amusing interpretation.

Al Qaeda means 'the base', as in foundation.

Perhaps you're thinking of Mujahideen? IIRC it translates into something along the lines of "fighters".

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

I thought the cell was in hamburg and they were trained in america. I really doubt bin Osama aka Tim osman ever had some kind of command and control in Afghanistan. The taliban were trained by the us, then split in 2 factions, the northern alliance and the taliban, who were willing to do buisness with Argentinia. I think this has more to do with why america is in Afghanistan.

www.worldpress.org...
edit on 26-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think of all the video footage of the taliban in caves watching tv and sitting around celebrating the 911 tragedy, are you saying that was mock?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join